1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

!! THE PERFECT PASS !!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ireland United, Aug 29, 2013.

Discuss !! THE PERFECT PASS !! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ireland United

An amazing game last night, still buzzing, can't wait for the CL Group draw.

Just finished watching the game again there now and have noticed how SLOW we were at getting players into the 6 yard box when wee Jamesy & Sammy where
    putting in crosses.

If Stokesy had crossed the same way, one of their defenders would have probably cleared the ball, but thankfully he had the presence of mind to look up and pull the ball back to the incoming James Forrest, who despite his injury rammed the ball home to send us all wild and write himself into Celtic folklore. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I know this type of move mightn't work all the time but I do think the "Pull Back Cross" suits our style of play.

Do you all think this is a tactic we should work on for future games?

Again well done Celtic, so proud of you all HAIL HAIL :50: :50: :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. Sonny7

Did ye aye

3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You would think we * won the thing the way some people are going on.

4. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Always one whose gotta play negative Nancy. If you can't enjoy moments like last night you should follow a different sport.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

He's asking a decent question lads.

Few times we put crosses in last night and nobody was in the box quick enough - been a bit of an occurence for a while and nothing wrong with thinking about it :50:

6. Paul95

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Talking about passes remember sammys * one last night? haha think he hit it with the outside of his foot or something and went in the complete different dirction he wanted it to? haha

7. LyleDavidson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson & Sutton - KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBG
    If this Is a problem for a while then the wingers either need to look up before crossing, however hooper used to be the one to get on to they sort of balls so I think it comes down to signing a proper goalscorer

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, Sammy had a few oppurtunities to do so.

9. DutchCelticFan

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    A cross is always most dangerous and most difficult to defend if its pulled back. Our wingers/fullbacks should always try to make the byline and put in a cross from there. It's far more dangerous than a cross from about the height of the 16-yard box.

10. murphy88

I know exactly the one you are on about. It was Sunday League stuff. He tried to play it with the outside of his boot to Mulgrew, and completely shanked it. Fortunately, they were so defensive, so there was none of their players close to it. It ended up going back in our half, from about half way inside theirs.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Well, even when Hooper was here, we hardly had anyone with an aerial threat to get on the end of crosses - if the cross wasn't low (feet/knee height), then Hooper was *.

Samaras last night was sensational down that line - unfortunately he's the only one that can equate to having a proper guy to get his head on it. Even when Samaras was through the middle at times, he was still just a wee touch too slow at thinking ahead and making quick breakthroughs in the box to get on the end of crosses.

W'eve the big laddie Balde who might at some point become more of a target to aim for, and hopefully this Pukki might be a good one to aim for.

I'd still like to have more of a runner from midfield to support - we've seen how deadly Joe Ledley can be when he bombs into the box for headers - perhaps this Biton could become another weapon.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Samaras was sensational last night.

The amount of runs he pulled out of nowhere to get down the line and cross was magical.

Shame we only had like one player (on the whole) to aim for.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I noticed the passed right by the goal mouth, leaving an open goal. Thought to myself, hooper would have been there to score that :54:

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He was, which is why I'm not too bothered about it. You're never getting a perfect performance.

15. Quacksandpiper

I thought the title of this thread said something else at first glance. I thought * was getting gay in this forum.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

Not at all, but nothing wrong with pointing out flaws that can be fixed :86: