1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Old Firm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TheFlyingDutch, Aug 3, 2011.

Discuss The Old Firm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheFlyingDutch

Hello,

I'm a dutchman that wants to visit the Celtic - Rangers game. I only have one problem. Since I live in the Netherlands it is hard for me to visit the boxoffice. What is the best way to buy tickets? Do you have to be a member of Celtic FC or is everyone able to buy them?

2. kennydal

In your case i would say you have practically no chance of getting a ticket if your not in this country unless you knew someone who could set you up with a ticket .

Best bet is to try it through a Travel Agent ,ie Thomas Cook ,it will be more expensive but they can do this for you .

3. TheFlyingDutch

We have travellingagencies in Holland as well that do footballmatches, but it will cost about a thousand euro's for us both. That includes a hotel and flight thought. That still is a lot of money. It would save us a few hundred if we would we able to do everything ourselves.

4. kennydal

Of course it would but you there and Celtic are here :icon_mrgreen: You need guarantee's on this with the promise of tickets ,how you do this is another thing .

5. TheFlyingDutch

I just checked with Thomas Cook. They are much cheaper than the Dutch ones. It costs about 500 euro's for a matchticket, tour and 2 nights in a hotel for us both. Arranging a flight will probarly cost about 150 euro's for us both. That saves about 300-350, that's a lot of money to spend on guinness haha.

6. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Celtic hospitality is another option. You may get in for about 150 quid (including food and post match entertainment I know it is expensive, but if you stay in Eurohostel or Travellodge or something like that you might save some more money than with Thomas Cook). This way you give your money at least directly to Celtic.

My Old Firm budget comprises about 300 euro (180 euro hospitality, 75 euro flights, 75 euro hostel (three nights)).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Unless you know Celtic fans who live here and are members of a CSC or have season tickets, then your chances of getting tickets are almost non-existant. Even if you do know people here, the demand for these games is huge.

Going through a travel agency or hospitality option seems like your only chance.

Also, sorry to say this but members on this website are unlikely to be able to help. Fans are incredibly reluctant to give up tickets for this match.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
  8. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

The Old who?

9. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    Aye, your only real option is to go through Thomson or Celtic hospitality mate.

10. TheFlyingDutch

You don't have to be sorry for that. I wouldn't give up my ticket if I had one haha. I contacted sales and they told me that I wouldn't be able to buy tickets. They didn't mention the hospitality option which is worth considering. We are probarly going to do a football package with an English/Scottisch agency since they are much cheaper than the Dutch ones. The Dutch agencies ask €450/500 a person, includes flight, hotel and matchticket, which is a ridiculous price. Using an agency in the U.K. will save us about €300 which probarly will cover a lot of our spendings haha.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Go for it. I hope you enjoy the match and witness a Celtic win if you come over for it. :50:

12. TheFlyingDutch

Off course I hope Celtic will win. We kicked Ranger-* last year in Eindhoven, knocked them out of European football:bbpd:

13. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

I'm using thomas cook and easyjet for the next game against the huns. it will cost me like 600 and *, but hey, I have spent more money on less important things in my life before. :icon_mrgreen:

14. TheFlyingDutch

Only problem is I'm 18 yo and my father is on a budget haha.

15. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    18 September? See you there then. :50:

16. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Yes mate. Fancy a beer? :icon_mrgreen:

17. milko67

Last season hospitality for this match was £155 which included padded seat , programme, half time tea, coffee and snacks and access to pay for bar so at least you can buy a drink pre match and at half time which you can't do elsewhere in the stadium [​IMG]

18. TheFlyingDutch

Can you buy beer there? Or is the whole stadium cut off from alcohol?

19. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    No alcohol in Scottish stadiums unfortunately.

The area around Celtic Park, the Gallowgate, is full of Celtic pubs which'll be heaving though mate. I'd recommend them for the full experience :icon_mrgreen:

20. TheFlyingDutch

No alcohol during any match? Sucks for you haha, here we are allowed to drink beer in the stadiums, only during important matches with high risk (ajax,feyenoord) we're cut off. Think we'll go in the pub for a drink before the game then.