1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Moon landing.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TimFloyd, Oct 30, 2015.

Discuss The Moon landing. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It was attached to the leg of the lander

Callum McGregor likes this.
  2. ruzzle76

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubomir moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the willy maley song
    Its helium 3 that you're meaning. Which is undeniable its there. The biggest mystery to me is why havent they found a way all these years later of mining it and bringing it back yet.

3. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Amazing that fixing bolt, lenses and power connection worked through the freezing temperatures of space, then the vibrations from the thrust and debris from the dust from the rocket boosters on landing.

However, taking this at face value that it actually did happen in the 60’s, we really must congratulate them on the sophisticated technology.

4. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye you’re right, it must have been faked because the camera didn’t get shook about enough

5. stew37

I voted no, because there was no option for don't know. I'd never really paid much attention to the conspiracy theory, but the older I got the more I've been open to the idea. They still have bother even now in regards to safely launching rockets, re-entering atmosphere etc without the crafts blowing up and disintegrating, so I think it's easily debatable that they were able to fly up there, land safely, * about for a while, lift off again, and then fly back safely.

As I said, I don't know for sure, but can easily see why it's been questioned.

6. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It’s slightly more technical than the camera “not being shaken about enough”, it is a remarkable feat of technology for the era.

My question has always been, if man could travel through space and set foot on the moon, aside from finances (which is a negative argument given the trillions since spent on space programmes), why have we never gone back?

We have far more sophisticated technology now, so why not?

7. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We went back 5 more times. But I’ll take it to mean since 1972. The reason that we didn’t go back was as you said, once they landed there multiple times the general consensus was what’s the point in keeping on going back and spending more money when they could use it elsewhere. I believe they started working on the foundations for the international space station around then too.

Another reason is what’s the point? They already had everything they needed from the moon, all the information and rocks/dust from the moon to analyse.

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

Space is fake

9. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As for the why not argument, we are going back in a few years. Now that SpaceX has shown that they can confidently land the thrusters after take off again and again it will save millions to send rockets into space.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  10. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    If it was faked,apart from all the scientists who worked it,what about the men and women who were involved,the joiners,the electricians,the painters,film crew,lighting crew the list is endless,why have none of the possibly hundreds of people who worked on the fake came forward and told their story?

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

You've obviously never seen Men in Black. * get neuralised

12. Minty1888

3rd knuckle shuffle

look at the lander, its * laughable, some gold tin foil, so flimsy looking, aye that'll do it :56:THAT landed on the moon?? aye ok. It's * tiny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this thing not only landed on the moon but then ascended into * lunar orbit and managed to somehow dock with Command Module mid flight? Come on :56:

to the folk that think you can see footsteps, flags and * on the moon with telescopes. you can't.

13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The Golden age of Hollywood, the space race, and the build up to the Cold War. Why would it be faked?:39:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There’s no real gain from going back.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

No air resistance doesnt really require much strength though does it. You could almost make a paper airplane and it would land on the moon without breaking with little air resistance. Lighter, less gravity, should easily mean they can have something tiny and light to pop on and off. Your no gonna build the titanic to land on the moon are you

16. angusceltic67

With the world population growing at the rate it is humans will have to venture into space to find earth like planets for future generations to live on, just like past generations had to discover America.

Would the moon not be the perfect place to build a base from which to launch this kind of project ?

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

As education and the third world improves eventually the population will naturally start decreasing. You see it already in the the most developed countries and once they catch up the same will happen with the others.

18. angusceltic67

Don't know if I agree with a population who effectively engages in self culling as that of a well educated one. After all the primary purpose of all living things is to reproduce.

Go forth and multiply and all that.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye but weve learned if you put a bit of rubber on your *, you get to reproduce as many times as your * allows without having the burden of looking after 1000s of kids :56:

20. angusceltic67

Maybe us guys have the ability to produce thousands, women not so much :wink: