1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Key Battles at Bigotdome we need to win

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Diggler, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss The Key Battles at Bigotdome we need to win in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Diggler

I thought for a bit of interest I would look at four key battles on Sunday of which we need to come out of on top to get a result. Our last two performances at the Bigotdome have been really poor. We need to step it up this time.

Scott Brown vs Steven Davis:

The battle of the veterans. Both players of huge experience. Both players who have played and performed at the highest level. It should be an interesting battle and we need Brown to stamp his authority on the game- get us ticking and get the better of Davis.

Fraser Forster vs Alan McGregor

On Derby day you need your keeper to perform well. Sometimes you need them to perform very well. Forster was sensational at times for us in his first spell. If he brings his A-game we are in with a real chance.

Odsonne Edouard vs Conor Goldson

There is no question in my mind Edouard is the best striker in Scotland. Huge potential and someone who scores big goals in big games. Goldson is good but Eddy got the better of him a few times last year. We need that again.

Christopher Julien vs Alfredo Morelos

When you buy a centre back for £7 million then he is bought for days like this. Despite a few early hiccups he looks like the real deal. A commanding figure we will need him to perform well on Sunday. Morelos has yet to score against us. That will surely end at some stage. It is up to big Julien to make sure that isn't on Sunday.

Win those four key battles we win the game in my opinion. With Forrest, McGregor and Christie adding spark we have more than enough to puy these * back in their box. Lets * do it.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We don't know which keeper starts for us on Sunday.

3. john2061

Midfield is the key to winning these games and every Celtic player needs to be up for the battle .

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If it’s not Big Lurch I will be surprised, only reason he never played mid week cause he wasn’t registered.

Slaw, Fontaine, Murph-E and 3 others like this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    This for me, I actually think Rangers now have the physical and legs over us there now, but I'm hoping our bhoys are up for this challenge and let their qualities to better their legs and enthusiasm.

The only other problem I see is their right hand side against our left.

Morelos will be a handful, to be honest he's a good player.

6. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Two main ones for me, keep the baw out of our net and put baw in theirs.

jake10, NomDePlum and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They will be skipping the midfield, and so should we.

8. Paul McAuley

Mon we've a match thread and hun thread.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Just need to stop balls coming into the box, that is where they are most dangerous, Tavernier has a top class delivery into the box, and usually where they get most of there goals from.

10. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lack of back post cover from deep crosses when counter attacked.

Right or left back is still in an attacking position and the opposite full back is drawn narrow in to the box.

The amount of times I’ve seen this happen in an open game against us is horrifying.

Defensive mid in that situation rushes the midfield and we’re left exposed on the flank. (Scott Brown doesn’t have the recovery pace) I’ll be happy if we control that.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Whoever starts out left could be the game changer. Johnston could very well be that man, Elyounoussi, Forrest or Edouard could also.

You keep Tavernier at that end of the park and make him try and defend and he won’t cope.

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If Ntcham plays he needs to stand up and be counted. This is not the time for 'not being in the mood'. He has the ability to help boss the midfield whether he does that or not is a different story.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Eddy v the rapist in goals.

Only 1 winner.

Gyp Rosetti and moravcik1888 like this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We need to stop them crossing and be on alert at set pieces, footballing wise they are poor but they are dangerous in the air from corners and freekicks and they cross balls into the box for fun from open play.

We tend to be ropey at crossed balls and set pieces so it'll be a nightmare for us defending.

On the attack we need to be aggressive and flow forward in numbers.

15. celtic warrior

Forster putting in a good strong save will help the defence, clattering a * from a corner would also be welcome.

Brown just needs to be the nippy little wind up and let McGregor and Christie control the tempo with their ball retention qualities, Mikey and Forrest need to get to the by-line.

Someone needs to be on Kamara if he starts as he's been gash under pressure with the ball and can't let Tavernier into the game.

No reason we shouldn't be winning

16. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The key battles?

All of them.

1st, we must be sent out knowing that we were well below par on the previous two occasions.

2nd, we must know that it’s a lonely place when there are next to no fans there to counter their wall of noise, strong characters are required.

3rd, we need to dig right in and fight for everything, when the physical battle is won we will have earned the right to play some silky soccer.

4th, concentration and no stupid mistakes to gift them a soft goal.

Their tails are up, they are riding their incredible luck, they are well drilled to chase everything and hit hard to make up for their lesser quality.

We need to be right up for this one and bring them crashing back down to earth. No pompous arrogant team selections or stubborn formations that we all know don’t work. If our “tippy tappy” players are being steamrollered the manager needs to quickly react to change the team or tactics.

Beyond this we just need to roll up the sleeves and get * right into the shower of pig thick ugly *.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  17. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Need energy in the middle, Aribo and Ojo are very good. Has to be Ntcham, Christie and McGregor for me. MJ was gash last year in these fixtures, would love if Elyounoussi was at least an option on the bench. Can't see it though...it will probably be Morgan.

Normfan88 likes this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Kick * oot them in the first half hour then play fitbaw.

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Realistically theyll have Aribo run over the top of Brown. Possibly try and replicate McGregors influence through Davis. Theyll have Jack to try and martial Christie.( This I cant call on current form).

I think its going to be a tough battle in the middle. It will really depend who transitions the ball to their attackers quickest and smoothest. Well need massive games from Christie and McGregor.

I really would through an extra body into midfield in the form of ntcham and have McGregor play that LM/LCM role he played for us in the 4-0 and 5-0 games v them. Leaving Eddy and Forrest as attackers.

Chieftain likes this.
  20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

its midfield they've improved against us and where we are seeing the decline of brown

for years we bossed them in there won the physical challenges early on and that set the agenda for us to dominate the ball and out play them football wise, had them chasing shadows, its kind of like that game at parkhead years ago when barry robson got stuck in physically early doors to set the agenda and we won and dominated comfortably afterwards

for me the games last season we were weak at left back and brown was dominated, they ran over the top of him, thats how they won the games easily

we need to be strong physically, worry about brown in there now as last season he struggle against them now maybe thats because he didnt have enough physicality in there beside him

we could take a winger out for mcgregor and put ntcham in there with brown and christie or we could drop brown but i dont think NL will drop him christie seems to have been doing a lot on the right side recently will maybe see mcgregor left midfield christie right midfield and scott and ntcham in the middle with forrest and eddie upfront