1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Irish Football Team Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Conor1994, Nov 22, 2010.

Discuss The Irish Football Team Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    My ideal team would be
    Gk Given
    RB Coleman
    LB Ward
    CB Dunne
    CB O'Shea
    RM McGeady
    LM Duff
    CM McArthy
    CM Meyler ( was quality before his injury) if not Fahey
    ST Doyle
    ST Stokes

2. Conor1994

I don't think Cunningham's ready yet tbh, he's only even played a few games at club level in his career. I hope, after his loan, he leaves Man City, which is likely to stunt his growth. Look at Micah Richards

3. Conor1994

Anyone see McGeady in action for Spartak tonight? How did he play?

4. Col

I saw him playing for his club at the weekend game was on ESPN yesterday and he looked good, missed the game earlier, hopefully see the highlights later, I think his move is gradually improving him, he seems to be showing good maturity, def one of my favourite players.

5. Conor1994

Good to see O'Shea getting a game against Rangers, despite the manky mob booing him merely for his Irishness.

6. Conor1994

Gibson and O'Shea failed to play for Utd yesterday. Stokes didn't get a start. Murphy did, but zero chance of him playing internationally, and rightly so. Delap played again for Stoke and as usual Wilson/Whelan ignored. Yet those two will still feature ahead of Delap in Trap's plans. Andrews/McCarthy still injured. Reid came off the bench for West Brom. I think Walters started for Stoke, dunno how he played. Most disappointingly, Coleman dropped for Everton. Good to see Towell getting a game, good prospect. Duff also dropped for Fulham :54:. Kelly also failed to get a game for them. Fahey played nearly the whole game for Birmingham though.

7. Conor1994

Keane not even on bench today. Best returned to Newcastle squad after injury. McGeady sent off for Spartak. Hoolahan scored off the bench for Norwich, while O'Dea and Delaney had a torrid time against them, giving away a goal and being sent off respectively. Sheridan came on as a sub for CSKA Sofia. Barry MaGuire on bench for Utrecht. Not a good day for Irishmen overall.

8. Bumble

Fav Celtic Player:
    Anyone who wears the hoops with pride
    Ciaran Clark put in a great display yesterday for Villa with 2 goals against Arsenal. All we need now is for Trap to call him up. It could be along wait.

9. Col

Clark was in the squad for the Norway game mate.

10. TyroneBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddys your daddy McCourt
    Aye he pulled out through injury. England are sniffing around him looking to get him back but its a no go.
    One Team In Ireland

11. Conor1994

Poor performance from O'Shea last night.

12. Conor1994

I hear Trap's taken a pay cut to show solidarity with the recession-hit Irish. He's only losing 100 grand a year out of 1.8 mill though.

13. TyroneBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    I like most people would prefer if he was sacked. He just is not worth the money at all.Its sickening.

14. Conor1994

Given playing tonight for Man City. Not being overworked.

Think the Salzberg boys have been told to shoot from range because of the success of Lech Poznan's long-range efforts. They know Given's rusty. Thankfully their shots have been *-poor.

15. Conor1994

Good performance for Fahey last night with Birmingham. Think he's got a first-team place nailed down. Not such a good game for Dunney Monster.

16. Conor1994

Clark played well for Villa too from the highlights.

17. Conor1994

This thread is becoming a bit like a conversation with myself... :56:

Source: Match Of The Day

Only a handful of games for Irishmen in the Premier League today, with
    Duff, Kelly, Given, Keane, Wilson and Whelan all consigned to the bench, or worse. Hunt came off the bench to come close to scoring for Wolves, denied only by a series of spectacular saves from Robinson. Wolves are the team most inundated with Irishmen in the premiership, and if they go down, which is all too likely, Ireland could find the league's Irish dwindle even further. Doyle went another game without scoring, Ward had a defensive shocker but at least Foley was his usual reliable self. Coleman returned to the Everton side and put in a decent performance, while Fahey failed to make a huge impact for Birmingham and was subbed off in the 60th minute. Delap put in a strong performance for Stoke, his dribbling, passing and of course throwing impressive. Wilson and Whelan failed to appear, but of course Trap will still prefer them to Delap. Walters had a decent game too, although he missed a sitter.
    And that's it for the Irish playing on Saturday - also, Hoolahan had a decent game for Norwich.

18. TyroneBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tony pulis has a vendetta against irish players who get called up to the squad.

19. Conor1994

What does everyone think about Adam Rooney and Conor Sammon? I admit our strikers are poor, and that's the only reason that these two are in with a shout. But they are scoring for fun at the moment, more so than Stokes even. I think that at the moment our strikers pecking order should be as follows: Doyle, Long, Stokes, Keane, Sammon, Rooney.

20. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    could irelAND ever have a team like they did in italia 90?

that was a great team!

its a pity the ireland NT arent as good as they used to be..:54: