1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Honest Mistake"/Cheating thread 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Sep 30, 2017.

Discuss The "Honest Mistake"/Cheating thread 2017/2018 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sween

Arent celtic having great domestic success but next to no success in Europe right now?

2. made in ireland

The difference of course being that this current Celtic team isn’t peppered with some of the highest EBT-paid players in Europe.

When Stefan Klos signed for the old huns it has been reported he was up there with David Beckham in terms of his remuneration.

The IRA likes this.
  3. lockerbie-bhoy

The ref didn't have an anti Celtic agenda IMO he was just crap for both teams. Should be sacked for gross incompetence and being fugly

4. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Tbf Sween, I didn't say where teams give us a game. I only said games of importance. For instance ICT were not giving us much of a game when we had the infamous handball decision given against us, though that game was obviously important.

There are various other games that I can think of which would have been important throughout the years, where although we'd be dominant, perhaps we'd only be leading 1-0 and the first big decision of the game goes against us, either being denied that second goal by a wrongful offside decision, being denied a clear foul where there was a clear goal-scoring opportunity or perhaps a dubious penalty awarded to the opposition or an offside goal allowed.

But even if we assume that the games are more narrow like you described (opponents spending longer in our half, having more possession, creating more chances etc) then you would expect - statistically - for these decisions to even themselves out at some point.

But can you point to any seriously dreadful decision (and I mean objectively dreadful, not those kind of decisions that are difficult for the referee to make at any level i.e a marginal offside call or ambiguous contact in the box leading to a pen) that has been to our benefit in an important game? I honestly can't. And I'd be willing to listen if there are any credible examples. And if there are examples how many? Would they balance out what we've been subjected to for decades?

StPauli1916, Sween and Sydneysider like this.
  5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    It's a different situation though.

We're trying to compete in the era of the 'super clubs' most of which are financially doped.

In the 90s, Rangers 1872-2012 actually were one of the doped clubs and yet were embarrassed on a routine basis.

DoTheBroony and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    the 9 in a row years was a criminal conspiracy against celtic.even when its staring you in the face people still wont see that there was a conspiracy against celtic during those years.also anyone remember lennons first season?coincidently the year before rangers went bust?

StPauli1916 and The IRA like this.
  7. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

HUN *

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. Sween

To be honest I cant think of many absolutely terrible decisions either way. But if there was a conspiracy surely the focus would be on the justifiable, marginally wrong, decisions rather than the outrageous ones that make the papers the next day? That is how you would kill a teams season.

Off the top of my head this season I can think of plenty of those type of decisions that have gone for and against us. If there was a conspiracy, Craig Gordon would have seen 2 reds for karate kicking people outside the box. We would have conceded a penalty against dundee. Against st johnstone last season we got a very soft pen when we were 2 1 down and they had 2 better shouts turned down. We ended up winning 5 2. Actually I think in the previous game against st johnstone they had a good penalty shout when we won 1 0. So ask a st johnstone fan and they could argue that celtic 'always' get the decisions.

In all these cases I have 'seen them given' or indeed not given. But if there was a conspiracy to get Celtic wouldnt all these go against us? I think fans if all clubs canmot see beyond their own bias. It is why highland clubs think they dont get the decisions against lowland clubs. Why the east cost teams think there is a west cost conspiracy. Why everyone thinks decisions go to the 'old firm' except each half of the old firm who thunk they are hardest done by.

Lastly, what I would say is that all this info is publically available and it wouldn't be too tough to complete some stat analysis to show any statistical bias in decision making. If someone genuinely believes in a conspiracy there is a lot of data that can be used to support or reject that belief.

Edit- watching the rangers v motherwell game as I type rangers fans are going mental about the ref, giving a lovely rendition of "whose the fenien in the black".

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  9. Aidan O’Shea

Love him. Wanted him to score and for us to win. Worked out well :50:

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Zzzz..

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    [​IMG]

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Sween

Watching rangers v motherwell - the rangers supporting conspiracy nuts will be out in force this evening!

13. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not about Alves not getting sent off they won't. One of the most disgraceful decisions i have ever seen.

14. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Motherwell probably should have had the guy elbowing on a yellow sent off, but Moult and Alves but should been immediately red carded with Alves being the instigator but him not even getting a yellow never mind spoken too is a complete farce of a decision!

15. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Has to be one of the worst ref performances of the season.

Booked the boy Bowman harshly for an elbow early doors and then let two blood drawing elbows slide. Booked the wrong player after a kick out, let play advance with players down with bad head/face injuries.

Terrible refereeing.

deanoyvb7 and strike twice like this.
  16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    * 'em.

packybhoy likes this.
  17. Sween

I agree. It was terrible throughout.

18. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    That was quite possibly the worst performance from a ref I have ever seen today.

19. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

* conspiracy!

20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Exactly. How many times has this ref been called out here for being bias whereas he's actually just rubbish?

Sween likes this.