1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Europa League

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DJ CJ, Aug 13, 2019.

Discuss The Europa League in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You seem to be Fixated on the Premiership , Your patter is boring im sure we will be able to attract A certain quality of player to go head to head with the hammer throwers of Honved , Rudar Pljevlja & Zaria Balti .. our minimum should Be a Europa league Football failing a successful UCL Qualification not falling into the Gutter of the Europa league division 2 , to label this Pyramid as “Major” European football is Questionable in its own Right.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The CL is good for big games and money, the EL we probably only make about £3-4million profit from, hardly anything and the games aren't as good. I'd rather not be in it this season as it would be good for the players to get a break and refresh themselves. In Scotland now with the January break its a very tough year round schedule and players are barely getting a break.

It will end in disaster soon at some point, probably with players leaving. Edouard, McGregor, Forrest, Christie, Rogic, Ajer will be looking at guys like Armstrong, Tierney, Boyata, Dembele and whoever away earning 2/3/4 x the money they are, only playing 45-50 games a season and getting plenty of time off in the summer to recouperate and wonder * they are doing running themselves into the ground playing 60 games a season and hardly getting a break year after year for half the money they could be getting.

Only problem is we need to be in the EL to keep our coefficient high enough to be seeded in the CL qualifiers but one season off shouldnt do much damage.

3. ddub11

Would ranking points not help us regarding future seeding?

4. clonbhoy

I honestly don’t care! Just please, please, please don’t * the league Celtic!

ddub11 likes this.
  5. ddub11

I was asking bout that earlier,if thats the case it shouldn't even be up for discussion.

6. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Yep we need to keep winning or having prolonged runs in the Europa to keep our seeding in future seasons

ddub11 and Keano88 like this.
  7. Keano88

Gonna watch some of the AIK game and see what we’re up against.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  8. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Why are people so obsessed with profit when it comes to the EL, we have plenty of * cash I want to be in it to see the team up against some challenging opposition that actually tests our abilities and might see us improve rather than the same old dross in the spfl, the Leipzig home game last season was a tremendous night that we need far more of in the future.

littlekennie likes this.
  9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It could, but theres always the luck of the draw anyway. You can be seeded and draw a better team and unseeded and draw a worse.

Like this round this season we were seeded but could have drawn PAOK or Cluj, if we were unseeded we could have drawn Rosenborg or Copenhagen who are worse teams.

Next season we could be seeded and draw Steaua Bucharest and Olympiacos in the last 2 rounds or we could be unseeded and draw Copenhagen and Astana.

10. Jeremie Frimpong

Aye, maybe, mate.

11. clonbhoy

I think we had a reasonable route this year. Cluj are *. That’s what makes it so hard. They aren’t a patch on AEK.

littlekennie and MickeyyMack like this.
  12. Tommybhoy1887

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You’ll never walk alone
    Just new here but I was under the impression that “you’ll never walk alone “ been through hard times and seen the clover. At the end of the day i’m a Celtic fan. Thick or thin. Hail Hail!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

1: what the * a Europa league 2?

2: since when the * was there a Europa league 2? No wonder * are arguing over stuff.

3: I'd enjoy being a big fish for once on Europe.

Marty McFly likes this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    They're a decent team I think. They've had an absolute nightmare draw Astana, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Celtic in their 3 rounds any one of those teams could have knocked them out yet they've beat all 3, also won the Romanian League probably a tougher League than the Scottish, Israeli or Kazakh just to get into these qualifiers.

Also a very tough draw again, Slavia Prague are probably the 2nd best team in the Champions route qualifiers after Ajax. If they knock Slavia Prague out they'll probably feel like they've won the CL as having to beat Astana, Maccabi, Celtic and Slavia is probably the toughest draw any teams ever had in these qualifiers usually you play atleast one or two mugs like Dundalk, TNS or teams from Estonia, Latvia, Lichtenstein or that. They've knocked out 3 "good" teams back to back.

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye, the * is EL 2?

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Felt much better today waking up than yesterday. Feeling positive again for the season a head, over that result on Tuesday, * happens we move on.

17. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Imo we're already kidding ourselves that Cluj were a half decent side. I think the team to avoid were PAOK which we did and them, Rosenburg and Copenhagen should have been beatable. Same goes for last year....AEK should have been beat. No excuses.

18. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Decent players aren’t going to want to come to Scotland and play Hamilton 4 times a season, we need European football.

19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    New tournament Not sure if it’s starting 2020/21 or after

littlekennie likes this.
  20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    What you have been defending and Labellinng it Major European Football when I Dismassed it and labelled it a League that advertises how far wee have fallen But was meet with Stick to “English football” aye cracking, Perhaps take a read at the beginning of the thread

littlekennie likes this.