1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bunnet- Fergus McCann

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Nov 13, 2015.

Discuss The Bunnet- Fergus McCann in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

There was no physical handing over of any pound coin, nor any cheques.

The "£1" was a paper thing - whereby (from memory) if David Murray was able to get rid of Rangers, he'd be able to purchase back Murray Metals from the bank (I think it was the bank) for this "£1".

All smoke and mirrors *.

2. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Peej likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Same.
    Normally these things don't matter. It's a jacket and a tie. Nowt to see.
    But sometimes you can't help but wonder what some people think/don't think when attending a Celtic game in such a colour scheme.
    Fergus isn't and won't be the only one to do such a thing.

Again, really matters not a jot. But awareness Fergus, come on now auld bhoy!

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Fergus can wear whatever the * he wants as far as I'm concerned :notworthy

5. strike twice

I had a wee smile to myself when I clicked onto the Scotsman website ( re' the story about Fergus being on the Central station tour etc ) and there was one poster ( obviously a sharp witted Tim ) saying that it must be nonsense to label Fergus McCann as the club's saviour . Due to the simple fact that a club can't be liquidised , as a club is indestructible . It had to be a " holding company " that he stepped in to save . I take it that the Scotsman was peddling a storyline about Celtic avoiding death by a near margin . But going along with the popular , but farcical myth , that some clubs survive liquidation .

6. jamieparis

walking to the game last week i was behind a guy wearing a royal blue north face jaiket and red trainers, i was thinking to myself why the * would he opt to wear that, it wisny even raining or weather thatd call for a big north face jaiket, im wondering if he checked himself in the mirror before walking out his front door like this a cracking get up for the tic game this afternoon, royal blue jaiket and red gutties, i look the * part today!

walloper.

Peej likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's it man. Anytime I go out for a game, be it the pub or the stadium, I purposefully either put a Celtic top on, a scarf, or at least wear something that is green. And seconadry make sure I don't look like a poster boy for that mob.

I type this, wearing a blue hoodie - it is just a colour, no issue with people having red trainers or anything. But as you say, at what point did he look in the mirror and think "* yes I'm ready for the Celtic game today"

All the same, Fergus no doubt doesn't give a rats * about his fashion etc at his age and his wealth - but still come on Mr Bunnet think of the colours a little ha.

8. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    is it me,or does the bunnet look really uncomfortable here?

9. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fergus McCann saved celtic football club he should be honoured for that big time whilst he is alive. He stepped in at the last minute and rebuilt the club and put it on the correct path. The media had the daggers out from day one no internet back then and the media still had sway with joe public. Remember the one of these men is a dictator headline with a picture of Fergus and Saddam.

That man arriving in Glasgow was like he had been sent from above, the bunnet the real deal. He was completely honest in his goals and he achieved them. He made money but he also took a massive gamble not through greed, he genuinely had his heart in celtic football club and still does to this day. When he walked out that door he left with a handsome profit. Celtic had stopped the ten in a row had a cracking stadium and were on a solid financial foundation where no one could take complete control of the club.

He made mistakes done things he maybe shouldn't have, he's only human we are all guilty of that. Was a lot of shysters at Celtic that needed weeding out at the time. The media had the poison out for him big time and it swayed a lot of opinions against him. The difference is in Celtics time of need the we man stood up to the plate and saved Glasgow Celtic no Fergus no Celtic simple as that. We wouldn't even be sitting in a 25k stadium in cambuslang the size of tyncastle. Would have been lights out all over in Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritu Sancti :rip_1:

10. scootz

* me - I think some folks need to have a word with themselves when they start girning over the choice of Fergus McCann's wardrobe because the combination he selected on the day included red and blue.

I doubt very much that Fergus gives a second thought to what he wears day-to-day.

What do folks seriously expect? That he dresses every time he comes to Paradise like a * leprechaun!?

Get a *' grip ya bunch o' bairns!

11. leeso-ardoyne

Lol. Com on now, wee Fergus is an intelligent guy but to turn up like a Billy boy in the 12th of July is just asking for it. Seriously though, i don't care what he wears but to turn up in red white and blue, the colour of that scum across the road and the colour of loyalism, it's going to arouse some sort of talk. I wouldn't have minded a red or blue tie, coat or whatever but to have all 3, com on now!!

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

No sane Celtic fan gives a flying * what colour Fergus McCann’s clothes are. Can’t believe that even has to be pointed out.

When we needed someone he was there in our time of need. What the Huns would have gave to have someone of a similar ilk on their side recently...

Random Review and Devlin like this.
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

The fact that it was Fergus McCann would be the only reason I'd let it slide him turning up as if he's ready for the Glorious 12th...

14. NA CEILTIGH

I remember 4/5 years ago flying over to glasgow for Huns game. My mate had been on nightshift and said he would go to bed for few hours and meet us in bar67 in few hours. When he came in he was wearing a red white and blue Pepsi tshirt. His Mrs packed his bag while he was at work and was the only top he had. The looks he got when he walked in the door was unreal. Ended up with his jacket on all day and night

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Maybe he was going to the local ludge via Parkhead to * goats or whatever it is they deviants get up to.

He built the * place he can wear * he wants!

16. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Its just you. Looks happy enough to have his pic taken with a Celtic fan (paul the tim).

freederry20 likes this.
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

The fact that your mate walked out alive tells you what a lovely, friendly and warm establishment Bar 67 is

:84::lager:

Doogs. likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Field of dreams......arise Sir Fergus !!!

Tommy25 and bagforlife like this.