1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

:50:

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Utterly, utterly pointless fight.

3. pod

You could have left the last word out of that post and it would still have been bang on.

4. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    It's not even a contest, but it's all down to money.

Mayweather to pick khan off for a couple rounds, khan to become frustrated and come forward leaving that glass jaw open to be knocked out by money mays speed and precision.

5. Al Bootyerbaws

If Khan lasts more than 3 rounds I`ll be surprised.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    In order for Khan to have any chance Mayweather would have to turn up *, blind in one eye, missing an arm and a leg, then it might just go to a points decision which Mayweather would just edge :50:

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He'll last more than 3 rounds, there's no doubt about that. In fact I bet the first 3 will be competitive.

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    ALL ABOARD THE AMIR KHAN EXPRESS!!!!!!!!

Khan's jaw may be *, but let's not build Floyd up into something he's not. There are plenty of fighters who would have a serious shot of taking Khan out in a few rounds. Mayweather isn't one of them.

9. pod

If FM fights on the front foot he will take Khan out as and when he chooses. Khan doesn't have the mentality or the chin to stand a chance. In fact I think he'll * himself before he even gets in the ring.

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Nonsense. The chin? You're right he doesn't have it. Mentality? He's got one of the biggest hearts in the sport today. He's one of the few guys hat I don believe would genuinely fight anybody.

Mayweather simlpy does not have it in him to take Khan out "as and when he chooses". When was the last time he fought anybody he could take out as and when he chooses? No, that's something he could do against journeymen and novice fighters, not against Khan.

11. pod

Having heart and having the mentality are two very different things. He's not smart enough and FM will draw him in easily. Even if he starts the fight (if it happens) with a gameplan he will revert to type as the bout goes on.

I'll assume you're not a fan of FM but he is light years ahead of Khan. Khan is nearer to being a journeyman or novice than he is to the class required to beat or even trouble FM.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Ah right, I get you now, and you're right, he isn't nearly disciplined enough in the ring or adaptable.

Disagree entirely with the bottom part. Khan is good, he'll cause Floyd problems in the early rounds and will put in a good performance until Floyd begins to time his rhythm,

I've got nothing against Floyd, I'm just a realist when it comes to his abilities. He's not a Leonard or Duran who could legitimately walk through Khan in a couple of round.

13. pod

I'm not a great fan of FM either but his biggest asset is that he makes even the best fighters look ordinary. His last bout proved that again. I think Khan is made for him. Once he gets tired or too excited (which could happen early) he will get picked off easily.

I would love for someone to really give FM a good fight but his style means that its unlikely to happen much, if at all.

I dont dislike Khan but I think he is short of being up there with the best. Mainly due to his in fight mentality.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

good night of boxing tonight, sky sports for the Anthony Joshua Fight Box Nation for Wladimir Klitschko fight then back to sky for the Miguel Cotto fight at 2AM.

15. Armagh-Bhoy

As you well know Mayweather isn't a power boxer, so he doesn't have to knock people out.
    He relies on speed and excellent defensive boxing.
    He does something even more impressive and schools top rated boxers for near 12 rounds.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Which is part of the reason I was absolutely correct when I said he doesn't have it in him to walk through Khan and take him out at an early stage. Nothing wrong with his style, but let's not pretend he's something he's not.

17. pod

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

cheers pod

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Klitschko making this easy tonight

20. pod

I think that other bloke is doing all right tbh. At least he's having a go. Stupid getting knocked down in the second but Klit is annoying me with his spoiling all the time.