1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celts67

I think what's happened with B-Hop is he's just finished read against Calzaghe he went to the wrong corner four times in that fight just cause he was getting old .I think he looked shot in the Smith fight so probably thought he had been pushed instead of punched similar to the Calzaghe fight not knowing where he was .

2. Nasser

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

GGG destruction.

He needs to be on the super fights from now on, at 34 the next 4 or 5 fights are when he can make serious dollar.

4. Dianbobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
  5. Nasser

I heard that's on St Patricks Day that's going to be great I wonder who else on that show, apparently Conor McGregor is going to lead out Michael Conlan, great to see Conor McGregor supporting Irish boxing which is flourishing now as far as talent coming through.

6. celts67

7. Nasser

I hope so, it's the right time for Brook vs Khan now and it works in both their favour as would be a big domestic fight. The beef between these two is real and Khan has sneered at Brook for years belittling Brooks achievements so people would be interested in this fight. It would be a good fight as well as both styles would complement each other.

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I'm looking forward to Jack v DeGale tomorrow.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  9. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Looking forward to it too. I've got De Gale. Think he'll stop Jack. You lot ?

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

DeGale with a unanimous

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

DeGale on points.

As long as he doesn't start coasting when he's up.

12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he tends to do that. But I saw him saying he was in a different frame of mind for this fight and he looks in terrific shape

13. Nasser

I think DeGale wins on points, but I can see it being close. Jack is underrated as a boxer and if it does go the distance (which I think it definitely will) then there might be the chance of a dodgy decision. DeGale looks in good shape and he sounds hyped. I've never liked DeGale as a boxer or a person some of his fights are boring to watch but it will be more interesting for Boxing if DeGale wins as a possible Groves fight in UK could be likely.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Should be quality. Good wee laugh and respect being shown from both..

Big DeGale fan. Divides opinion but I like him and if you knew what he was like, he's just a normal guy that get's nutted out the ring :56:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DeaGale in the 10th round.

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I agree, DeGale looks right up for this, and more professional than usual. He has all the tools too and if he turns it on, can see him stopping Jack.
    I'm not a fan of DeGale as a person either, he's an arrogant *.

I think if he fights Groves again though, he'll beat him easily, in a fight which I'm looking forward to massively. DeGale has improved massively, Groves has stagnated and not done too much.

17. Nasser

I think it really depends how good DeGale looks against Jack. if DeGale dominates Jack when Groves couldn't then it's good indication DeGale would beat Groves fairly easily. I think Groves in some ways has got worse and in other ways he's got better, he does seems to * himself when pressured against the ropes when before he had no fear. I do think he is with the best trainer in boxing Shane McGuigan who has Groves boxing more defensively and more safe than before but watching Groves is like watching Amir Khan you are always thinking it takes one stupid mistake and Groves is going to be put on his backside there does really seem to be panic now when he's pressured so I think DeGale would win, it would be a good fight to have again. all the history and beef between them it would be a great build up to the fight.

18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with Groves. He has the technical skills and talent, no doubt. But I still don't think he has the heart. Years ago I would have considered him one of the best in the division, whereas now I have DeGale above him, comfortably.
    If they meet again, after this fight, is that worthy of a big PPV ?

19. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

20. Nasser

Agree I don't think he has that confidence he had before those brutal fights against Froch at such an early stage in his career have had a negative effect on him and his mentality. It's definitely PPV worthy it be a huge fight that the British public will like.The fight could be at Wembley as well but it all depends on if they both want the fight and if Groves can beat Fedor Chudinov in his next fight which I think is a for a belt so it's probably Groves last chance as a world title belt if he loses I think he will just retire.