1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

53 days he'll serve.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I know mate but still he is the standout in that division and a top talent, hopefully he comes out gets his head down and back on track.

Zander likes this.
  3. celts67

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Povetkin fails drug test. Fight is off ... ban the * for life.

5. Swervedancer Guest

Jeez oh the Russians like their drugs. Seems a bit foolish to be caught hours before a fight. I thought they used them for training then stopped weeks before the fight.

Much are the tickets for the Joshua fight? I can imagine that being sold out quite quick even though it's 90,000. Is that the largest fight attendance ever?

* know how much they'll be wanting for PPV. £20 probably.

6. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Sure I read somewhere the tickets are priced £40/80 quid. Seems reasonable tbh.

7. Swervedancer Guest

Aye that is not bad actually. I was thinking the cheapest would be £80 and then it would rise right up to the thousands the closer to the ring folk got.

I think that kind of money would be well worth it just for the atmosphere. Plus they're more or less guaranteeing a sell out with those prices.

Any decent fights on tonight, boxing or UFC?

8. celts67

Bernard Hopkins final fight tonight against Joe Smith Jr this was an upset of the year .

On the card as well boxnation 3am Irish prospect Jason Quigley from Donegal checked boxrec last night
    http://boxrec.com/boxer/692831

9. Swervedancer Guest

Wow Smith totally destroyed Fonfara there. He was looking not bad too till that super punch that floored him. Didn't know where he was after that.

Quigley sounds like a promising fighter, Golden Boy is quite a huge promoter so that's a good sign for him.

Is he fighting tonight? I can't see it on Boxnation. Wonder what time the Hopkins Smith fight starts at.

Did Crawford get released? Says that on a boxing site.

10. celts67

11. Swervedancer Guest

12. Swervedancer Guest

Quigley's fight didn't quite turn out as promised :giggle1: He must be a pretty decent boxer.

I'm just amazed at Hopkins being 52 and still boxing. Have no idea what quality Smith is but still, he can't be that bad so it's impressive stuff from Hopkins to still be able to handle it.

13. Swervedancer Guest

Oh dear, poor Bernard. What an unfortunate way to end your career literally getting knocked out of the ring. Ouch.

Brave enough performance. Well done Smith.

14. Nasser

I've never liked Hopkins, a good fighter in his time but never liked the guy so glad he got sparked out. No one should be fighting at his age.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Said he'd never lose to a white guy before Calzaghe and that's how he finishes his career..

Lol..

16. Nasser

Video shows he was punched out the ring not pushed like Hopkins claimed, Hopkins is such a bad loser.

17. Swervedancer Guest

Aye it was obvious he was punched out of it. He really tried to make it sound like he didn't lose and was cheated. Not fair on Smith. I thought it was funny when the commentator said Golovkin was talking about fighting Hopkins a few years ago and the co commentator said I bet Bernard had different thoughts on the prospect of that happening :56:

18. This Charming Man

He was maybe trying to redeem his previous fight that he lost against Kovalev?

Embarrassing for him regardless. Great fighter in his day though, no doubt.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He should've packed it in year's ago..

Great fighter in his prime no doubt, but hilarious hearing him say he was pushed out the ring :rofl:

20. Swervedancer Guest

What a riddy though, getting punched out of the ring. That doesn't happen often and suggests he's a bit lightweight. Then saying he was pushed. As if Smith just suddenly decided to push him out of the ring and with such force his feet left the ground.

I don't think I've ever seen that happening before. I guess Tyson probably did it. Need to be some punch to knock a heavyweight flying through the air.