1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The biggest 2 windows in a decade

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Dec 30, 2018.

Discuss The biggest 2 windows in a decade in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Be lucky to get rid..

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Groundhog Day with regards to the ‘most important Window’ seems like it’s been that for a decade.

Only good piece of recent history we can draw on is the fact the last time the Huns beat us and gloated like *, the billionaire took the hump and brought in Rodgers, we won every trophy available for 2 and a half seasons and went 12 Hun games without defeat...

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You’re surely not thinking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mourinho are you?

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair said it early on. This window is the most important, until the next one and,,,,

bagforlife likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

* Mourinho.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Warnock?

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

* Warnock.

8. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Think Brendan would like at least a couple on board for Dubai , maybe we'll get news soon. then see what happens further in the window plans should already be well in place though.

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If there's one thing that's hopeful so far, it's that we've been linked with a decent few players and a few players seem to be leaving. Granted, burke on a 6 month loan is pretty poor and castagne isn't joining, but it's a start at least.

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

They were right about you & your attitude yesterday.
    A touch unhelpful I think they said.

Caldwell?

11. Sydneysider

We should be after McClean and McCarthy

Cobbs67 likes this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I certainly get what your saying as regards to the groundhog day effect.

But as to the op i certainly think this is indeed the case. The more titles we accumulate the bigger the expectation of reaching this promised land has. Previous windows have always had the moniker of a "major surgery needed" window. Escpecially defensivley.

But this window and the next have an actual serious connotations for the future of our club.

If these two windows are indeed as successful as they need to be then it sets us up for titles for the next 2-3 years, and puts in a better position to refuse offers for our top players with CL money incoming or in the bank.

Failure to produce in these windows could see us * the CL like we did this season and watch sevco scrape their way back into contention.

Its happened already. Last summer and last January were disastrous... and we paid the price with losing out on the CL... and by extention, lost Moussa, and had to hang on to boyata like a drowning man grabbing for something to keep afloat, despite the fact that hes pish and didnt want to be here... we quite simply didnt have anyone else. Its also led to shortfall in points this season, keeping sevco, killie and the sheep within touching distance... when we should be ahead of them by a length.

I really cant stress enough how massive these windows are.

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Feels like the next window is always the most important. I do generally agree that the next two are going to be quite crucial, frustratingly, it didn't need to be the case.

Had we conducted our business better in the summer, we would be approaching this window probably needing a striker and a right back (assuming we had sold/replaced Boyata and signed McGinn - neither of which would've been much to ask). As things stand it feels like we're at that "major surgery required" stage, with a number of first team players (possibly) leaving in the summer, our backline looking threadbare, our one fit striker not exactly firing on all cylinders etc. Frustratingly, I have very little faith in the scouts/manager/board to produce the goods in terms of transfers.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

The fact we have barely strengthened for * ages has brought it to a head this season .since Rodgers has come in edouard,dembele,sinclair,toure,ntcham,Roberts have been good signings the rest have been pish .Sinclair and ntcham ain't playing that well and three of them are no longer here
    with the amount of players we have out of contract this summer the likes of brown,lustig,izzy,boyata,benkovic replacements should have already been signed and settled with a view to replace them .
    it is farcical we are at the point we have to sign an entire backline before next year Tierney aside(hopefully won't be sold) and Gordon needs replaced ,that is pure * *!! We have 1 fit striker, Sinclair is bang out of form and
    As well as Christie and McGregor have been playing i can't see them dominating midfield in europe
    I don't think the big bank balance is gonna be enough to fix the years and years of neglect

ChrisMoh likes this.
  15. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    if this was any other club in the world I'd expect some pretty major signings considering we still have dembeles £20 million in the bank

But naw it's celtic, so it'll be 2 projects on loan and some * from the SPL

16. EddiesBaws

As much as I find you cynical - I fear you could be right here. It’s almost as if our board WANT Sevco to come close to winning the league to put bums on seats as the season tails off ....

Wait ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Really hope I'm wrong mate but can see it coming

18. EddiesBaws

I fear you will see it come - but I want to wait till Jan 31 before I panic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkid likes this.
  19. dmac

So according to some reports if West Brom get Burke out they are contemplating a loan for McCarthy from Everton think I would prefer getting McCarthy