1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss The NFL Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
  2. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Bengals love a scumbag it seems

3. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Was weird as * watching the ESPN lads explain away a player's rape case yesterday.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I'm watching it on the NFL Network and they talked about the polygraph he passed when he was picked.

I don't think NFL Network or ESPN handled it well, but at the same time it's a rape case. He isn't a convicted rapist and to treat him like one before he has even been found guilty is shocking.

People can be wrongly accused, which is just as bad as calling the accuser a liar. Both networks shouldn't have commented on it.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  5. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Yeah, they mentioned the polygraph on ESPN as well.

They're caught between a rock and a hard place really, the only way of dealing with it other than how they did (except perhaps not mentioning the polygraph at all as it has no real baring on innocence or guilt) would be to ignore it completely, which would have have caused the usual social media blowup.

Didn't see what they said about the chap who hit the lassie in the face after she swung for him, too busy watching Celtics-Bulls.

6. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    That cowboys announcer , absolutely ripped the pish out of the crowd hahaha

MacEwan likes this.
  7. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Yeah it was a bit strange to watch, sports announcers shouldn't be (or rather shouldn't have been put in a position to be) talking about that kind of thing at all.

MacEwan likes this.
  8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

On the NFL Network they basically said that it obviously happened a little while ago now, that Mixon and the girl had a face to face meeting about it and they both said let us move on from it. Also that Mixon said it would never happen again. I'm all for giving the guy another chance, but he's now in the NFL and already has previous. It means a lot of things for him, zero tolerance, means he'll be targeted by opposition fans and most likely players too. Not going to be an easy ride, he's got a lot of work to do to make people forget about what he did.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Tim Williams is a * steal in the 3rd round! I'm not even mad that we are only picking defensive players. Surely Ozzie has his eye on an OL or WR in the deeper rounds. Or maybe he has a plan to find them else where.

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That's the Ravens draft done.

Happy, but we still have work to do before the start of the season. WR must be a position that Ozzie already has ideas for. Why risk a lower draft pick when we could get a Vet who is cut or still a FA.

11. BuckeyeBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hopper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    cheer up Walter Smith
    First for everything........I love the Browns draft so far.......:50:

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They've done well. I actually think the Browns, Bengals and Steelers have all done well. Which is annoying.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Chad Kelly is Mr Irrelevant. Might shrink the * ego a little.

14. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Buffalo Bills have fired GM Doug Whaley

Edit: And just about every member of the scouting team

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  15. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Not too sure what to think of our draft. but who cares, we got Beast Mode :D

Mack likes this.
  16. Markybhoy

Almost certain we're going to go hard after bringing Q back to Baltimore now. Looks like we're going all in on Defense this year, which doesn't make me unhappy. We really lack talent at the offensive skill positions though so there is a ceiling on this team as it stands.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Yeh same.

Only thing I'm happy with is TE, since Pitta is reliable when he's on the field, people forget we have Watson, Gilmore is hugely underrated and Williams is due a breakout.

It's all well and good having 3/4 good running backs, but we need one quality one. Hopefully one of them can step up but they only one I can see doing it is Dixon.

A WR Perriman has shown promise and Wallace can do the job as WR1, but after that it's a struggle.

18. Markybhoy

Can't really expect much out of Ben Watson at this stage, he's 36(I think?) and coming off a bad injury. It's likely he's pretty much done. Gillmore can be a contributor. Maxx Williams is a guy I hope to see more from this year, he was a 2nd round pick.

I totally agree with you about the running back group. It's a committee right now, I'd rather we had one really good back like we had when we had Ray Rice.

Perriman and Wallace are kinda similar, they're speed merchants. That's why I think we'll go after Boldin now, he's a possession receiver and we don't really have one of those. He was one of my favourite Ravens so I wouldn't mind taking him back for one year as a sticking plaster. One of these days we are going to have to trade for or draft another good receiver though. No point paying Flacco a fortune and having a threadbare receiving core.

MacEwan likes this.
  19. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Great draft by the Patriots, through trades/RFA/draft itself their picks got them Cooks, Ealy, Rivers (DE), Garcia (OT), Allen, Wise (DE), Gillislee, O'Shaughnessy (TE) and McDermott (OT). Didn't have many glaring needs coming into the draft itself but adding a few developmental tackles and some pass rushers can't be a bad thing.

20. Markybhoy

Jamaal Charles signs for the Broncos. *. Was secretly hoping we'd make a play for him.

MacEwan likes this.