1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Taxi Driver Glasgow

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Blochairnbhoy, Jan 15, 2019.

Discuss Taxi Driver Glasgow in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Better hiring a car to begin, that way you can judge if it's going to work for you. Also better if you have a year or 2 exp driving taxis before you own 1 for insurance reasons. If no experience 1st year taxi insurance is somewhere between 3 and 4k pa.
    60 hour week I would expect to earn 400-500pw. Weekends are best obv and weekdays can be a bit hit n miss

Artorias and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

Is that before or after expenses?

3. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    After

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cheers Pablo.

Was thinking of doing like 4am to 8am drop kids school then 8:30am to 3pm Monday to Thursday then 8am Friday to 10pm and Saturdays 6pm to 11pm

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cheers pablo will let you know how I get on 4-6 months for yer badge to be processed

6. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I tend to work 5am to 3pm 6 days out the week, sometime a bit earlier Sat and Sunday mornings. When its good it's good but bad days n * hires can drive u loopy. It can eat you up at times. The morning break might be tricky as u might end up at the other end of the city to where u live and trying to negotiate from clydebank or ek at that time is a baw ache lol. If you ask control where ur hires going they mostly tell u to bolt, theres little or no come and go with them and if you accept a job then decide you dont want it you can get a 60min sin bin or if prepaid or account job it's a 180 min sin bin. I've been with network 5 year apart from a 7 week period where I spat the dummy and went to hampden but network have * loads of acc work through the day and I went back as it's busier through the day

Blochairnbhoy likes this.