1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I reckon at least 4 of that lot won't be here by the time the window shuts..

We definitely need of add some quality in there..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I would take 12/15 million for him. We can deffo squeeze some more cash out of them if the reports are true.

3. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    No.

What is this obsession with selling off our best players?

Yes he is something of a luxury but we won't be replacing him with similar quality, so the money means absolutely * all - meanwhile if he goes, we're considerably weaker as a squad. Aye great business. :rolleyes:

Ciaran_67, Damnati, apevrak and 4 others like this.
  4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Technically he is levels above anyone in the league, wouldn't be so quick to sell him as i dont see us replacing him, all well and good selling the likes of KT, Rogic & Ntcham for big bucks but they need replacing with the same qaulity or there is absolutely no point

JC Anton likes this.
  5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    For me, we can do with Ntcham. I wouldn't be bothered if he was sold.

But if Rogic and Tierney go, then we may as well prepare for a long horrible season ahead.

But least we'll have a nice balance sheet to look at.

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Aye Ntcham can go if he doesn't fancy it which he didn't at all last season but he is still a very very good player and I cant be arsed seeing him go for 10 mil only to be replaced by some * like Joe Ledley and then people coming out with pish like "Oh he's good backup", sell * for 10m, buy replacement for 5-7m then sell them for 15m and so forth but knowing us we will either bank it or resign Mulumbu.

Aye that 75 mil in bank will look splendid once they all go

The IRA likes this.
  7. Lewis Kerr

Sell Rogic :giggle1:

He had a poor season. But an inform Rogic is possibly the best player in the country and makes us tick.

He really needs to sort out his injuries tho, very frustrating seeing a player of his calibre missing half the season

Ciaran_67 and Rydo1888* like this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    * off Celtic, don't even attempt it.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Came in to post this. Get him fit and in the mood and he is just so so good and makes us far more dynamic. 26 with four years left om his deal , no sale.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The guy is a player, when fit he's probably the best midfielder in the country. Never seen such a tall guy with such outrageous ball control, it's like velcro stuck to his feet.

What people aren't taking into account is that Rogic might be seeking a move at this point. He's been at the club for 6 and a half years and will be aware that he is entering the peak years in his career.

The statistics put up earlier about his appearances over the last 2 seasons are pretty damning. A £15 million player on £20k+ per week is no use to us when he's missing more games than playing.

If Lennon is looking to go 4-4-2 more this season then 2nd striker is the only place he could really play in that system. He certainly doesn't have the legs or stamina to play in the 2 CM positions against 5 man midfields, we'd be constantly swamped.

If the price is right and every penny goes back into genuine quality - and I don't mean the likes of Turnbull - then I think we might accept the offer.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    All of this "best player in the country" stuff is entirely moot at this point.

Theres no point in saying "i have the fastest car in the neighbourhood" when it doesnt have any * wheels.

Tam is tremendous talent. Talent being the operative word. Imo hes literally about 2 years behind the level he should be.

If he stays he needs better physical managment, better man management and needs to (unfortunately for him) learn to tell graham arnold to * away off, or he wont have a career in 2 years time.

The amount being quoted seems very low to some, understandable considering some of the big performances and big goals hes scored. But those are just too far and few between these days. We could get a midfielder in for 4/5m who could realistically surpass rogic's stats in a heartbeat... mainly by just being * available for selection, and fully fit when * available.

I'd take 12m

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye his touch and technique aren't in question. His end product due to injuries and being so rusty were often really bad last season though..

Seen a stat on KDS that Mikey Johnston scored as many as Rogic last season..

I think he may want away. His international manager was slating us. He wanted away just before the snake came in and had a change of heart..

It just might be the right time to freshen up that position. 9 mill for his talent and 4 year's on the deal is very tight though, even with his injuries..

Hammy89 and Seán Mac D like this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Sell for 12 and spend 6or 7 on someone who can stay fit

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be looking for more than £9 million for a guy of his quality, even given the question marks over his fitness and injury record.

Alan * Hutton went for that fee over a decade ago.

Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Not sure how I feel.

I think if they get close to £15m I would sell. I think on his day hes class but if some of that was reinvested we could get 1 or 2 good level replacements in the attacking midfield area.

He hasn't turned up for months and his injuries are a worry and I would hazard a guess that they will only get worse as he ages.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  16. Maestro 08

My favourite player the last few seasons Wonderful ability and someone who you would genuinely pay to watch but for all the praise he gets each one always comes with a caveat 'on his day, 'when he's on his game', 'when he's fit' 'when he gets up to speed' etc.

There comes a time when the player himself needs to take a look and see if he's giving himself and his club the best of him and for me I don't think he is. Those stats are alarming and he owes the club a wee bit more than that. For a start he def needs to improve his strength and conitioning. Then he needs to knock the international duty on the head for a while and give us the priority. He obviously struggles with the international commitments and we pay the price of that.

oh bhoy likes this.
  17. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Been out for 38% of games and only completed 90 minutes in 18% of games in the last 2 seasons.

That contribution domestically is easily replaceable and improved upon with half of the 10-12 million we'll get.

Amazing that Zenit are willing to spend 10 million on that level of availabilty.

freitassen likes this.
  18. freitassen

Doesnt matter how good he is when he is fit because he is never fit.

In the rare coincidence where we play against a team good enough for us to need him, and he is both available and in form, surely, he can do a great job. But this is almost like rolling a dice. After every injury he takes a really frustrating time to be fit again.

It is a player we can get good money for, because he is indeed good, and we could actually live without, because that is what we already do most of the time anyway. If we sell him and Ntcham for like 12 million, we would raise the same money the board expects from Tierney, which instead of them is a player as irreplaceable as one can be.

19. freitassen

This, if you actually sacrifice the team and give game time to him when this means basically being one player down for these 5 games. If you don't, it actually takes longer. Better to stick to one of the many quality midfielders we have such as McGregor or Christie who perform consistently.

I understand why some people absolutely love the guy and know of his talent but looking at his performance and stats it is actually surprising a team wants to pay an 8 digit sum in such a player

20. cammy07

We have him tied down so 9m would be a terrible price to go at, ideally I'd be looking to double that before we consider it.

That being said; Lustig and Boyata, aswell as KT, Rogic and Ntcham (potentially) all leaving in the same window would be disastrous. There's absolutely not a hope in * we would adequately replace them 5 within one summer window.