1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Well he progressed through the Nike Academy and made it into the last 8 out of 75'000 players that had attended trials across the globe and since we were in sponsorship with Nike at the time our scouts were there having a look at the final contestants and obviously Tom caught their eye, continued to track his progress for a season in the a-league and we were happy enough with his progress to sign him- All that was about 2 years in the making. Plenty of talent in Australia if we want it, our problem was Congerton only did business in the UK and Germany and Lawells' son having connections with the City group. Riley McGree should've been signed before he went to Melbourne City ( part of the Man City group) so now we will probably get him on some * loan deal when he wants to move over here to play.

2. celtic warrior

We still talking about Rogic?

3. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    nah, just went on a rant about how * our scouting has been since that fraud Congerton came in

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

So you’re not sure.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Summer is not a 10, at least a 12 or 14. :fear:

Keano88 and MagnificentSeven like this.
  6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

There’s been a few players who have went down South and said they’ve been surprised at the fact they get more time on the ball than did playing for us in the SPFL, Ledley was one that said it. Depends who you are playing but Rogic in games that are end to end since he finds space so easily.

I think he’d be brilliant down there only issue is his fitness, whenever he gets close to full fitness he gets another injury and even worse that he needs a lot of game time to get fit again.

Anyway he aint going nowhere, him and McGregor are leagues above everyone else when it comes to technical ability.

Liam Scales and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I said 2 years you * mongo, he only starting playing football at a senior level in 2009, 2011 was his breakout year and our scouts only knew of him due to the Nike Academy

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  8. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You trying to cast insults, which i assume * mongo is (what does that mean???), is quite worrying & funny at the same time.
    You obviously didn’t quite grasp or understand what I was meaning & took it too literally.

Read this bit slowly:- Who did we have with the skill set of Tom Rogic before he signed for us.

I’ll give you a clue to help you along. Ignore Paul’s reply but try to take on board dev’s.

9. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    mongo means stupid, you melon. You asked how long it took to find Rogic, and I replied 2 years. We haven't seen this type of talent since Nakamura was here, I get that- but it's how you use that talent in big games that matter the most. Commons had less talent but was more effective in Europe for us than Rogic has been so far. Like I said previous Congerton and his scouting team were lazy as * here, Riley McGree should've been signed before he moved to Brugge- a guy who imo has more talent than what Tom did at his age.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    No it doesn’t. Mongo is an offensive word used for those who are severely mentally handicapped.

I use it all the time, I shouldn’t, but at least call it what it is.

Spring Time likes this.
  11. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    mon·go
    (mŏng′gō) Slang
    n.

Items found in the trash that can be salvaged.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s a form of mongoloid.

Spring Time likes this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not sure playing as a 10, he would get that same amount of time on the ball as Ledley would playing a deeper role.

Taking up positions and receiving the ball in between the oppositions defence and midfield, id imagine a 10 would get closed down a * of a lot quicker than a player who still has the oppositions line of midfield ahead of them.

14. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    just looked and the only website that suggests this is 'urbandictionary' the place where people submit their own definitions, it would make sense though, apologies spring time, I'll use melon from now on unless that's offensive as well

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wasn’t trying to be a * btw, it’s a word I use all the time and then get a wee guilty feeling :56:

16. saltire78

Been wrong before, but I think the mongo expression is similar to n*gger, in that it was used to insult people of Asian descent (hence from mongoloid) at a time they were little better than the black slaves in their treatment. The implication was that they were slow-witted, stupid and capable of only basic work of burden. This was then rolled out to incorporate the mentally handicapped.

I've never heard of it used in anything other than a derogatory and insulting manner

Spring Time likes this.
  17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Is he calling me a * as well.
    Missed that.

It was used specifically for people with Down’s syndrome Even doctors / nurses used the phrase to describe the babies until it was deemed inappropriate. Not soon enough though.

18. saltire78

Ah, ok... I stand corrected so... I assumed it was from when they used the (primarily) Chinese to do all the mining work... now you mention it, I remember it being used on people with Down's when I was a kid. Being called a mongo was a fighting offence when I was a kid. Was bad for us kids that went to a Catholic school in Scotland called St. Mungo's, I can tell ye... :56:

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll take melon, from a slow reader. :50:

Not sure why you mention commons in your reply, he has nowhere near the skill that Rogic has.

celticfan01 likes this.
  20. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Really decent of Sevco to play Simply The Best instead of the guard of honour for us