1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Cleansheets

Played brilliantly for Oz on Saturday night against South Korea (1 - 1). Definitely one of his better performances for the NT.

2. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Wouldn't say brilliant tbh, great first half and faded out towards the end- which was expected. Looks like he is going to be miss-managed by Australia's new coach, 96 minutes of football in a friendly coming off the back of playing another 96 minutes on a plastic park against Livingston is not smart and I'm not surprised he is injured. Judging by the aussies on twitter they are either clueless on football (epl glory hunters) or just hate him, he was clearly one of their better players yet slag him off every two seconds.

Should just quit international football if the fans aren't going to appreciate him and let them watch their team struggle against 3rd world countries to qualify for the world cup, they would be begging for him back. Travelling 22 hours to play in a friendly, you perform well and find out after that population of Australia is slagging you off for not scoring, * that. Funnily enough Viduka scored 11 goals in 43 games while Rogic has scored 8 in 42 games as an attacking midfielder, ones called a legend the other is labelled a flop.

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

Where on earth do you get the idea he's regarded as a flop in Oz.

He'd have to be just about every fan's favourite. There is genuine disappointment when he's not on the team sheet, as per tomorrow night.

One of our best ever talents and totally revered by the Aussies.

4. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Went to Melbourne on holiday last year and got tickets to a world cup qualifier- Rogic seemed to be the boo boy that game, he would take on 2-3 players then his final ball was lacking due to australias * winger not anticipating the ball- think it was Leckie or Kruse. Their understanding of the game is quite baffling to me, watched the most recent game on an australian live stream (fox sports) and after Tom absolutely dominated the game first half the guys in the fox studio were slagging him off saying he should be doing more and getting more goals/assists- they may have a point but just after he was head and shoulders above the rest? c'mon give it a rest.

I understand that Cahill is gone and the goals are drying up but how can they not understand that Rogic isn't their to be their top goal scorer. Social media confirms that there is quite a large section of the Australian support that don't like him for the fact he doesn't score. I'm even willing to say that the majority take a liking to him are Celtic supporters living in aus, the rest all feel the need to whinge yet players like Mooy get a free pass because he plays in the premier league (something they love).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Tommy25 likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Twitter :56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Following on-
    (Rogic cold spells lol)

ungrateful.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I get you're not the best at reading but like I say when I was there last time * were getting rowdy over one heavy touch that he still managed to recover and play a successful through ball out wide. In the studio Ognenovski and Aloisi (living off one penalty kick) were slagging him off, not one bit of praise for him and that sums it up, ungrateful *.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56: :56:

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sound as bad as the yanks

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

They call themselves socceroos FFS, you expect them to know a good fitba pler when they see one?

bagforlife likes this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I usually find, Twitter is an accurate reflection on any topic..

Usually wee fannys trying to be controversial or relevant and anyone who puts too much stock into what’s said on Twitter is an idiot too.

12. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I get the sense from living here that Australians are generally disappointed with Tams international form.

From the twitter posts above, I’ve heard the jist of a few of them a few times.

13. Mr Cleansheets

Sorry but a few selective tweets and quotes does not come anywhere near proving your point. The consensus in the Oz media was that Rogic (and Risdon) were MOTM. Was rated 8/10 in every media source I read and plenty said it was his best game for the Socceroos in a long time.

The reality is that Rogic plays for easily the best team in Scotland with lots of quality options running off him, playing against the likes of Kilmarnock and Dundee. Internationally he comes up against much better opposition (esp in major tournaments and against the better Asian teams like S Korea, Japan and Iran) so a few idiots expect him to do to Japan (for 90 minutes) what he does to St Johnstone.

Against high quality opposition even the highest quality players are only going to show flashes of their brilliance, but those are the moments that can decide games and Rogic always has a few. The vast majority of Australians know that and love him for it.

14. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    When I was in Thailand I met a few Australians who said they found Rogic disappointing for the national team, especially when they saw snippets of what he does for us.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There's 1 problem Australia, their clueless support and big Tam have.....

Australia are utter *..

Twisty and JML67 like this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It’s obvious why doesn’t play well for them, he doesn’t travel well, he always takes a bit longer to get his sharpness back for us after coming back. He must struggle badly with jet lag which isnunderstandable.

Then also the fact they play a different way to Celtic and don’t have as much quality as us all over the pitch.

Those tweets are just like plastic EPL fans calling us league one level, boring verbal diarrhoea to try and make themselves feel big.

McChiellini.. and Tommy25 like this.
  17. joemc

Correct ,they have no idea how to use tam rogic to get the best out him ,they always bypass midfield ,cauz they dont have the players good enough to pass the fecking ball from the defence.

McChiellini.., Tommy25 and Taz like this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tom Rogic has added to Celtic’s injury concerns after Australian manager Graham Arnold confirmed that the Parkhead star will not feature for his country against Lebanon today.

The midfielder is believed to have a slight knee injury, adding to the calf problem suffered by Kieran Tierney who withdrew from the Scotland squad last week with a leg problem.

With Scott Brown, Leigh Griffiths, Olivier Ntcham and Kristoffer Ajer all sidelined, Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers will await confirmation that Rogic’s problem is more a precaution than anything else.

There is a short turnaround to Tuesday’s match against Lebanon so Tom [Rogic] and Robbie [Kruse], who both performed well on Saturday evening but have minor knee and groin injuries respectively, won’t be risked,” said the Aussie boss.

19. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Which is a fair aitrgument, and even though I'm Australian, I don't follow the national team particularly closely. But considering the sample size of what was on display at the World Cup, there has to be a level of understanding. Any time Australia took possession of the ball their go-to tactic was always the same - punt it up the wings for the wide men to chase... and when they did that, it wasn't long before being depossessed. Again, taking into account the close marking that Rogic had and the tactics of the team limited his ability to influence play.

To be fair, the domestic game has come a very long way in the past 20yrs or so, as well as coverage of the world game getting more exposure and Australia moving to the Asian region for qualifying all adds up and means that they are getting significantly better, and in truth the supporters of the game are becoming increasingly wider and gradually becoming more knowledgable. Again part of the stigma that confronts us as a football club is that we play in Scotland and there is still the blinkered views of many that if Rogic were any good he would be playing in the EPL, not here in Scotland with us.

* 'em. If they can't appreciate him, too bad. He's a Celt and at least the big man knows how much he is appreciated at Celtic by the club, our fanbase and wider fans in general.

McChiellini.. and Tommy25 like this.
  20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

* sake, last thing we need is to lose those two right now. Squad is thin as * atm.