1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic End of Season Award Norminations 2017/18

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by M.E.T.H.O.D MAN, May 30, 2018.

Discuss TalkCeltic End of Season Award Norminations 2017/18 in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Aidan O’Shea

:giggle1:

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Funniest member: @The Prof definitely. One liners everywhere. @Ned Flanders a close 2nd.

Gentleman/woman: @Marty McFly for the men. Always good for a chat and good craic. @Marie and @Jeannie960 for the ladies. Have to put up with all of our * and still post, amazingly!

Best Celtic Chat poster: @Dear Hunter puts effort into most posts and we almost always agree.

Smartest member: @Vertie anyone who knows 5 languages fluently deserves this.

Obsessed member (and why): Everyone who has more than 1k posts in the Hun thread. I'm sure they exist.

Thread of the Year: Eurovision 2018. * hilarious. 45 odd pages of craic and haven't laughed so much on here in ages.

Best Newcomer (June 2017 to now): @bagforlife I know you've had an account on here longer than that but you've been a welcome addition since you started posting regularly!

Worst Poster: @LectersLuncheon . Sorry.

Quote of the year: Goes to @Fully87

Bawbag member of the year: @Bayern Bru for calling saying Lochs should be called 'Lakes'. Heathen.

Member of the year: @Keano88 A super good buddy old pal of mine and puts a lot of effort into making drafts and BOTB, Songquest enjoyable for me and others.

Best Host(any game): Will put @Keano88 @Minty and @Taz for this as all 3 deserve the mention for the time they put in to collecting votes etc. I'll openly admit I'd struggle with it!

Best Mafia game: *

Best Mafia Player: *

Best BOTB: BOTBXII Lassies Let Loose

Best BOTB Player: @Pinstripe I always like his tunes.

Best Draft: Too many to pick but will go for the world cup legends one as it's my most recent win.

Best Draft Player: @Keano88

Competition corner quote of the year:

I'll need to pass on this. Nae idea! Too many.

Honourable mentions (why):

I'm gonna list a * tonne of people within the following and no doubt someone will be left oot. All of the following contribute to the site in their own way IMO and make it more enjoyable for me. Whether it is through acting as staff, running comps, posting good GIFS, transfer news or in general being good craic. I'd tag every GM if I could be arsed but I can't, if you aren't, you should be there too as your dough keeps us alive. Cheers!
    @\o/ @JC Anton @packybhoy @CheGuevara @Paul67 @Lion1961 @Moustache @Deebo67 @Pablo87 @Aidan O’Shea @Fully67 @Jack Torrance @Idioteque @borobob @PaulM1888 @Mcguire1 @Senna s1979 @Big Mick @Gyp Rosetti @The IRA @Mr. Slippyfist @Blochairnbhoy @The Thumb @Notorious @Kristoffer Ahh Yeahh! @Doogs. @Tim-Time 1888 @StPauli1916 @Sean Daleer @Seán Mac Diarmada @MagnificentSeven @obafgkmlt @CalgaryBhoy @CASTLE @V For Vendetta @TimFloyd @Captain Brown @CookieMonster @Vinnie BBQ @Bigbrute @cidermaster @ILoveTheCeltic @James @Serbian Rebel @mickcfc91 @_DannyBhoy_ @Cumbernauld Bhoy67 @CymruBhoy @Buster @Bobo_ @smokie899 @ourdaywillcome! @Joe_Strummer @Shane1888 @Murph-E @ChrisMoh @GaryHoops @Jax Teller @MC Ren @McManus4
    @Scotia @Norm(Michael whats yer username now) @Sonic Reducer

Then of course the big felly; @Celtic Mad

And @Tommy25 for contributing to 90% of my post likes. It doesn't go unnoticed big man. * trooper keep em comin'.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. Keano88

I echo this.

Hail Hail @Tommy25 :50:

4. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers for the nomination mate.

Getting my speech ready as we speak :p

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Lads it’s intresting to read all your thoughts and most of them echo my own so won’t relist them all.

Can’t imagine not being part of this forum and the Celtic family as a whole.

Big thanks to @Celtic Mad for giving us all the opportunity to get together on here.

All the Mods for running the site on a day by day basis.

Honestly have no grief with any members on here. Everyone has their own views on things, some more absurd than others but who am I to say how others should feel about things.

Competition corner is great, thanks to all that host it, that takes a lot of commitment and effort. Every day pops up a suprise and learn something new either about a band/player/ team/ or Hogwarts :56:

Special mention goes out to Brendan Rodgers and the squad, it’s been a happier forum the last few seasons. All the naysayers are well entruely back under their rocks. Long may it last.

HH

6. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

7. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Am chuffed to bits to have been mentioned, boosts the confidence no end :)

8. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    All i do is post * tunes and talk about stuff which is never based on any facts or anything, so to get likes and stuff really surprises me.
    Im grateful i get to celebrate Celtic, with everyone here though and i admire the effort all members put in. It definately has given me a drive to improve myself with certain things and much like Brendan and our heroes on the pitch we all want to do our best and celebrate being together as a reward.
    I started reading this forum, to keep me informed about transfers and stuff. I was quite a loner Celtic fan to be honest but now im glad ive made this many friends and ive got to know so many people who i can relate with and who make me laugh especially...well Freddo morelos picture i think of when i feel a bit annoyed to name just one.
    Thanks to everyone involved at Celtic and the fans for making us the greatest club to ever exist, everyone represents Celtic so well and i reckon we have some great years ahead of us.
    Big thanks to everyone on the forum, such a diverse group of free thinkers makes for
    a great place to call home.

9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Awe fank yoo and big hugs back :102: Well done because I'm like a big chicken and run like * when I see this thread :56:I love everyone even the so called baw bags and I couldn't for the life of me cause offence :52: It pays not to take things too serious and I never think too deeply about anyone or what they say :grntongue Having said that this forum allows people to come on here and seek advice from time to time and that's one of the things that I like most about it. This is a place where for the most part people are non judgemental...........unless of course you're Pigeon Boy.......not one of our finest moments and we've had a few :56:We're like a family who fight, argue, laugh and console each other in times of need and it's all carried out under the cloak of anonymity.

Most of the time it's a fun crowd and I get lots of laughs from all the banter although some of it I would need an urban dictionary to interpret what you're all on about :84: Sometimes I think it's time that I just took a back seat and became a watcher as opposed to a poster and then something rattles my cage :56: I tell myself I really ought to grow up and I probably shouldn't still be posting on here as I'm not sure that it's befitting of a 57 year old female :52: but it's a hard habit to kick and I've been around a little too long :56:All things Celtic keeps me here and we will all be dead and gone before Celtic is :celt_2: A special shout out to @bagforlife .....really love the name and you sound like you're going to be a great addition to the forum. We have a few ladies who need to come out of the woodwork so that we can knock these fellas into shape :74:

10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    We need posters like yourself Jeannie. It keeps the place a bit sensible and lets a lot of us know how to be adults.:50:

11. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Aww Jeannie what a brilliant post, you are a legend mrs :notworthy

Jeannie960 likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Other birds you say..

0CA9D370-26C6-4780-8406-A5E2177A547A.jpeg

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Who? :54:

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m going to stick to just naming one person per category, otherwise I’d just name too many.

Funniest member: Deebo for his bookies stories.

Gentleman/woman: Mr.Slippyfist, for helping another poster out.

Best Celtic Chat poster: There’s loads, but I agree with Mr Shelby often, so him.

Smartest member: Senna.

Obsessed member (and why): Calgarybhoy with hockey.

Thread of the Year: The match thread when we won the league.

Best Newcomer (June 2017 to now): Borobob

Worst Poster: Roskopikachu. So much waffle.

Quote of the year:

37E050C7-869D-493C-9AA1-D00893257268.jpeg

Bawbag member of the year: Markybhoy the bigot

Member of the year: Sean Daleer, for his resilience.

Best Host(any game): Taz brought us BOTB, Mafia and Songquest.
    Best Mafia game: The Star Wars one where the Solo Tusken Raider (Summer Time) won. Run by obafgkmlt.
    Best Mafia Player: Scotia, VT with a wee bit extra.
    Best BOTB: BOTB XI, back for a new season.
    Best BOTB Player: CookieMonster has the most wins.
    Best Draft: Despite being robbed, the tag team with Dear Hunter was enjoyable.
    Best Draft Player: Keano.
    Competition corner quote of the year: “Am I * ya roaster” - Marie

Honourable mentions (why): Vinnie BBQ, Vader, All of the draft chat lads, the GMs and the staff.

Post the categories along with your votes in this thread by the end of June 6th.

Gyp Rosetti, Mr Shelby, Marie and 8 others like this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

Too much of a lazy and forgetful * to do a list but love this forum. So much humour from so many posters. Some right off the wall personalities. Far and away the best football forum on the net. Ah * it I'll just do the special mention list. Sorry if I get the names wrong

McGuire1
    Prof
    Mr Slippyfist
    Cidermaster
    I love the Celtic
    JC Anton
    Gyp Rossetti
    Aidan O'Shea
    Marie
    Sean Daleer
    St Pauli1916
    VinnieBBQ

All ones that come to mind for one good reason or another

16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

:56:

I thought you were off the drink :57:

packybhoy likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Couldn’t vote for myself! :56:

18. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I feel sorry for you that you have the time in you're life and room in your brain for this.:86: however I appreciate the mention. :57:pure beaming!

Murph-E likes this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Here’s your award.

F99603C9-3EF6-4A75-8536-859075B09B3E.jpeg

20. TheHappyLoss

No way you'd get yer hole if you had a boily * like that