1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Such a thing as a decent hun?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Pádraig Pearse, Apr 13, 2014.

Discuss Such a thing as a decent hun? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    In my opinion if someone associates themselves with that inherently supremacist and sectarian club, they have to be a bit of a * no matter how deep under the surface it is.

In the same vein, you can't get a decent KKK or BNP member.

Interested to know what the general consensus is here.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Of course there's plenty of decent huns, a few of my mates are.

3. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    My nephew is a hun. I wind him up about sevco. He takes it in his stride.
    He hasn't been to ipox since oldco went bust. It took a while but he evetually understood that the oldco died when they went into liquidation. He hasn't given a penny to the newco/zombies since.
    He hates all the sectarian *.

4. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    Vote taking a bit of a doing so far. Why would any decent person associate themselves with that club?

Walter Smith, a two-time former manager of the club and now manager of Scotland, once said to me: “There is a Protestant superiority syndrome around this club . . . you can feel it.”
    Graham Spiers quoting Walter Smith (taken from his book on Paul Le Guen's time at Rangers, 2007)

"I'd just come from Italy and France which are catholic countries,very warm and friendly,and here I was in Glasgow with some of my team-mates [i.e. fellow Rangers players] hating catholics. I just couldn't understand it and frankly found it ridiculous."
    Ray Wilkins on an ESPN documentary said about Rangers (June 2007)

"When I came here in 1964, we had no Catholics," he said. "Not just the playing staff, anywhere. There was no bit of paper, it was an unwritten rule. David Murray changed that and it moved on significantly in 1989 when Maurice Johnston signed. You cannot clear up 80 years of sectarianism in eight months, but we are a huge way down the road."
    Sandy Jardine

It was not until the 1960’s that the burning issue of sectarianism reared its ugly head at Ibrox. A former player, Ralph Brand, made the sectarian policy at Rangers public knowledge and around this time the behaviour of Rangers fans was a real problem for the club. In 1963, Rangers fans jeered during the minute’s silence for assassinated Catholic U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Then, in 1967, then vice Chairman Matt Taylor was questioned about Rangers no Catholics policy and he stated that he felt that they policy was “part of our tradition....we were formed in 1873 as a Protestant boys club. To change now would lose us considerable support.”
    Vice-Chairman Matt Taylor of Rangers from 1960s

“The principal muck-spreader was Willie Allison, the bigoted public relations officer, who clearly felt that anybody married to a Catholic was not a fit and proper person to play for Rangers. Allison was a religious bigot of the deepest dye. I had a thoroughly Protestant upbringing but, of course, Cathy is Catholic and so were my mother’s family.”
    Alex Ferguson

To the Rangers fans: "Stay and vomit in your own home, urinate in the corner of your own sitting room, fight with your own neighbours Celtic (who deserve a medal for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow. Don't come back to Barcelona, you're an embarrassment. And while we're at it, don't play in the Champions League. You're not up to scratch, either on a sporting or human level.
    There are noisy supports who, even though they drink large quantities of beer, make friends. Not you lot, because you turn everywhere you go into dumps. You are undesirables."
    El Mundo Deportivo Newspaper on Rangers after the Rangers game v Barcelona in the Nou Camp (Nov 07)

Interviewer: "Is Mo Johnston your most important signing?
    David Murray (Rangers Chairman): "We signed him as a football player firstly, and also to break the tradition of this club in not signing a Roman Catholic. That was wrong, "
    Rangers Chairman admits they had a sectarian signing policy in interview (21 Nov 08)

"There was no problem as far as [the English Players] Ray Wilkins, Chris Woods, Mark Walters, I and some others were concerned. But the Scottish players - Davie Cooper, Ian Ferguson, Ally McCoist, John Brown and the rest - declined because they had received so many calls from friends telling them not to become involved.
    "Jimmy Bell didn't want to become involved at all.
    "Mo [Johnstone] roomed with Ally McCoist, as he had done for the national team, and it was Jimmy's practice to put fresh kit outside everyone's room for the next day.
    "But he refused to do so for Mo, just leaving Ally's, forcing Mo to go down three flights of stairs to the kit room to fetch his gear."
    Ex-Rangers Captain Terry Butcher's Biography on the bigotry at Ibrox when ex-Celt & Catholic Mo Johnstone joined them

"Rangers had an unfortunate historical legacy with regard to the religious issue. When we signed Mo it became clear it was no longer a pre-requisite that you belonged to one religious persuasion, but not another, in order to sign for the club."
    Walter Smith tries to belitte his club's long-held old sectarian signing policy (Dec 2012)

5. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
  6. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsjQ9ifDDBw"]Rangers sectarian singing commented on by Ray Stubbs. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKHHVdnV6Ck"]Rangers Sectarian Shame - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmWCfn0yEw8"]rangers v PSV, sectarian singing, the proof! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5w7pruXlUg"]A Rangers Sectarian Medley - YouTube[/ame]

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    No I was arguin with hns the night, bit fat baldy * with hun tap n scarf started singing sebooo seboooo at him cint losy thr plot was wearn uninon jaxk npsnence as wellwas oursa gio now but * hun * was a *

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I know I've answered but it's a weird one.

People that have supported them all their lives i.e. their dad was a supporter so they just followed them as well - fair enough, plenty of good guys out there.

But neutrals that follow Rangers really confuses me. As you say, anyone who hasn't been brought into a Rangers loving family, how could they support such a horrible club?

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I've never met a decent hun.

I grew up surrounded by family and friends who were all Tims and any I have met through work as an * have been arseholes.

A few of them seemed brand new to begin with but it quickly comes racing to the surface.

No doubt they probably thought I was a * as well but thats fine, I'm glad to be * in their eyes.

I just don't have anything to say to them, nothing in common as football is the one thing I look for in a conversation.

Some might say that makes me a bigot but I've always gave them the benefit of the doubt. The relationship always breaks down though.

10. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    Get it right up the * mate.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I have no actual hun supporting pals,i think that gives it's own answer..

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    a did walked past the * on maryhill road n rupped the pish our him he was about 40 odd a cannt help myself got it rught up him was singin go home ya hun go hom as he walked away :smiley-laughing002: * fat baldy wantk

mcnamaras * army

* n the y no they are

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:

ILoveILoveTheCeltic :50:

Ya mad steamer.

14. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    Ohhhhh me name is McNamara I'm the leader of the band :icon_mrgreen:

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    yees shoulda seen the funt had sunglasses on asswell glad a ruined the * night bth fat * up um

16. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    Lots of people voting yes but nae comments.

Interesting.

I'm genuinely interested as to why a decent person would associate themselves with such a sectarian club and fanbase with loyalist and fascist tendencies.

I live in a divided society and have never met a deidco/rainjurs supporter.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Your jackie mcnamara and the hoops are white and green

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    there is half decent huns but my uncl n cousin are huns n are no bad one gors to all the sevcp games the other i dont know hes no been to a game i a while a actually but they are decent cutns

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh his name is mcnamara
    hes thenc eltic bhosy right back...................................................77

ohhhhhhhhhhh the sebvoooooo abre shiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:celt_2::celt_2::celt_2::celt_2:

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It's not as if there is going to be a 'correct' and accurate answer for that, though.

As I said, a couple of my closest mates are Rangers fans and they are very decent people. They're not all sectarian arseholes.