1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuart Armstrong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Xavier Woods, Feb 2, 2015.

Discuss Stuart Armstrong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Deco67

Another dominant performance. A real leader.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Thought he was very quiet today, but went about his business well.

3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Actually thought he was relatively poor today.

4. Eazey

one of those under stated performance fron Stuart today. Will ever bad mouth him again. Real team effort.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Seemed to have a different role today, more defensive. Thought he was a large part of the reason we were so dominant in midfield, McGregor had the licence to get up and support today.

Mr Shelby and The IRA like this.
  6. Deco67

His discipline and tactical nous in the holding role at times was reason we were so dominant, people need to appreciate this not just the goals and so on

7. bobbybhoy92

Fav Celtic Song:
    Come out ye black and tans
    He was definitely pulling the strings..but I didn't think it was a man of the match performance. I thought Roberts was our star man the day.

8. Deco67

Nobody said he was MOTM?

9. Deco67

Brown or McGregor must take that accolade

10. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Seems to have added a real physicality to his game, shielding ball,out muscling opponents,etc...

The IRA and Deco67 like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was decent. Usually blitzes these but bit different today..

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeh I'm probably being too harsh on him given that he was playing deeper than usual.i think his passing and touch was a bit off at times but it's a very minor blip in what has been an outstanding season for him. He was also unlucky not to find the net with his effort in the first half.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Possibly mate, thought the way him and Broony played it was reminiscent to how Roy Keane and Neil Lennon did at Ibrox. Absolute ultimate control of a team. Nothing happened in the engine room without Stu and Broony's say so.

Deco67 likes this.
  14. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Dominant in an understated kind of way.

15. Deco67

Pedro has claimed Armstrong and Brown are reason the Huns were so *

16. Deco67

BR spoke about need for a new contract, don't know what the hold up is

17. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Hope this is sorted out soon , what a turnaround he has made , although been played in his proper position helps .

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SA on treble talk: “As we have done all season we will take it game-by-game. Worked for us so far, so we will stick to that method."

SA: "Everyone is just focused on training and another big game on Saturday, and finishing the season really well."

SA on the semi-final derby win: "Thought we played very well, controlled game in parts & got what we came for, a place in the final."

SA on Saturday's match at Ibrox: "It will be a tough place to go, and they will want to win as much as we do. It will be tough."

SA on excellent Glasgow derby record this season: "We think more about ourselves and how we can best operate from game to game."

SA on scoring in 1st Glasgow derby of the season: "A big moment for me as you always want to make an impact as a sub & stake a claim"

SA on how Celtic will cope if Scott Brown is unavailable at the weekend: "We have very good depth in the squad.

SA: "Scott Brown is obviously a unique player & always nice to have him in the squad, but nice to know we have cover to bring in."

STUART Armstrong is only anticipating a rigorous examination from Rangers at Ibrox on Saturday, despite Celtic’s dominant Glasgow derby victory in the Scottish Cup semi-final last weekend.

The Hoops overcame their city rivals 2-0 in a one-sided match at Hampden thanks to goals in either half from Callum McGregor and Scott Sinclair.

It meant Brendan Rodgers’ side have now beaten the Ibrox club four times this season, with the other meeting ending in a 1-1 draw.

But Armstrong knows that past results and performances will count for nothing once the first whistle sounds in this latest Glasgow derby instalment.

“I wouldn’t describe it (semi-final) as an easy game, as they never are,” said the midfielder. “It was a big game, a big semi-final and a lot of pressure on it, and I thought we played very well and controlled the game in parts and got what we came for - a place in the final.

“You can never predict how a team will play but it will be a tough place to go. They will want to win as much as we do and it will be tough. We don’t really think about the opposition in the sense that we think more about ourselves and how we can best operate from game to game, and that’s worked quite well for us.

“We don’t think about what each game means, it’s all about playing each for what it is and for three points. When it gets to the end of the reason, we can reflect on it.”

Armstrong has scored twice against the Ibrox side this season. His first goal sealed a 5-1 rout back in September and it proved a turning point in the 25-year-old’s Celtic career.

“It was a big moment for me as I came off the bench in that game,” he said. “Making an impact is something you always want to do as a substitute to stake a place in the team. I managed to get into the team not so long after that so that was a big moment for me personally.”

Celtic head to Ibrox unbeaten in 41 domestic games since the start of the season and one victory away from only the fourth treble in the club’s history. But Armstrong insists the champions are only focusing on achieving a positive result on Saturday.

“As we have done all season we will take it game-by-game,” he said. “It has worked for us so far so we will stick to that method. Everyone is just focused on training and another big game on Saturday, and finishing the season really well.

“When the season is all said and done, we can reflect then on the positives and highlights of the season, but for now we don’t dwell on statistics, we take it game by game.”

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ladbroke8 likes this.