1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stranger Things - Netflix Original Series

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Mr Shelby, Jul 18, 2016.

Discuss Stranger Things - Netflix Original Series in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think the first season was actually good, kept you interested as you didn't know what was going on and were finding out as it went. This season just the same stuff is still going on only they don't seem to be bothering about it as much and the episodes don't seem to be leading anywhere, seems to me like they are just making episodes for the sake of it and stretching it out for no reason. A bit like the show Lost which started out good then it as like they knew people were hooked so extended it longer and longer and eventually it just destroyed the show.

Going by what i've watched so far it'd probably have been better if they just made an extra 2 episodes or so at the end of the first season and brought it to an end.

2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Iv been doing the same its just not as good second time around

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Mr Shelby likes this.
  3. celtic warrior

You could say it's a strange show, I very much enjoyed the first season but I wouldn't have had it up there with my favourites to the point where if they said that the first season was all we were getting I'd be fine with it.

Second season I've not got into yet only one episode in, but I already feel like I'm more interested in watching the likes of American *'s season 2 and other shows before I come back to this.

4. Dallas Cowbhoys

Thought season 1 was brilliant, really enjoying season 2 so far but not quite as good as the 1st.

Watched episode 6 or 7 last night after the game, wanted to keep going but knew I'd end up finishing them all and be knackered today.

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Half way through season 2 and enjoying it just as much as the first season, think the acting in it is brilliant.

Also a nice touch having Sean Astin in it who played Sam Wise in LOTR.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Keano88 likes this.
  6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Finished it tonight, fantastic season again and by the looks of it there will be a 3rd season.

I like the length of the season, not too short or long, nothing dragged out and there were a good few side plots pulled out for next season.

Just hope they finish it on a high, can’t see it going past 4 seasons without getting repetitive.

Keano88 likes this.
  7. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Finished season 2 tonight and I'm gutted. ST has to be in my top 5 shows of time. Everything about it is right up my street.

I've saw season 2 get a lot of undeserved flak due it being a continuation of season 1 as opposed to taking things up another level. Season 3 can't come quick enough for me.

Keano88 likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  9. Keano88

Just finished this today.

I thought season 2 was better than season 1.

Can't wait till season 3.

10. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Finished season 2 last night. I enjoyed it overall, both seasons. There were times half way through both i was watching them but wasn't paying 100% attention to it, flicking between websites. However i thought the last two episodes of season 2 were brilliant.

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Finished season 2 tonight. Another excellent season. Acting is top notch considering the ages of them.

12. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's also Beyond Stranger Things which is a discussion show featuring the directors, producer and various actors from it. Only about 15 mins each, it's worth a watch.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Finished this on Wednesday. Thought the second season was excellent.

I know some people had a problem with that episode, but I quite enjoyed it...provided it's a one and done type. I agree with Moustache in that it felt too much like an X-Men subplot. The best thing about this show is that it's about a group of kids in a small town finding out how to deal with these paranormal threats. Eleven we know has superpowers but that's plenty, imo. We don't need a bunch of superheroes running about.

Thought the new characters were great additions. Samwise Gamgee is probably my favourite LOTR character so it was great to see Sean Astin involved.
    Gutted about his death, because he was evolving into a cracking character.

The last 15 minutes or so of the finale were immense. Can't wait for season 3.

Keano88 likes this.
  14. stew37

Waited ages for the 2nd series and watched it all in a week. Really like this show, it's weird in a good way; sound track is brilliant as well. First time I'd watched anything with Sean Astin since California Man.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  15. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

My main hopes for Season 3 is that they abandon Eleven's sister. Her, and her group have some of the worst acting I've ever witnessed.

Sadly I doubt it seeing as the characters been set upand introduced now.

16. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Thought the ending of season 2 was very poor. Could not wait for the start of this season but not too fussed for season 3 now.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

What did you not like about it?

18. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    They just showed the creature thing again. Nothing new or exciting. I would have liked to have seen something new and fresh.

19. Keano88

I thought it was much better than the first season.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I thought it was pretty cool tbh. The Duffer Brothers have said it's like the Strangers Things equivalent of Voldemort.

The main villain who is always watching over.

Fontaine likes this.