1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think we'll win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 30, 2019.

Discuss Still think we'll win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Yes. I actually think that result is going to be the huns downfall. They beat us. At home. Mission complete. Mentally theyll slightly relax and complacency will set in. Last time they was top it lasted a game. Same again will happen.

Keano88 likes this.
  2. celtic warrior

Could say it also depends on what happens their end with guys like Freddo because whatever he is sold for needs to go back into keeping them running.

In a mad world some insane club could swoop in and get him for £25 mill (yes I know, it aint actually going to happen) but as great as that may seem on paper they'd be lucky to afford using £5mill of that in reinvesting back into playing staff, could argue as well it would also help offset cost of Kent so they could see none of it for playing staff at all.

Against us Freddo is * gash, but he's the reason they are where they are, take away his goals and replace it with a Defoe who can't play every single game and try have him replace a striker already on 28 goals and they'd be in trouble.

We need to sort out the actual * we can control though and that involves gettinf someone who can push Eddie, feel like as great as he is, he and Dembele played better because when they were here together because they knew either one could knock them out the 11, don't think Eddie has that with Griff.

Forrest needs a Roberts with him so we know he can be rested and then also have the security of knowing who comes in is equally as good.

Get those two signings right, maybe throw in a true midfield enforcer who * just bounce off (Wanyama(ish)) then Ajer and Jullien are golden and we won't have to worry about CB's

3. Cringer67

December was the month they were meant to implode. They didn’t. They had a horrendous run of fixtures all away from home and on plastic pitches in the middle of December. I even posted something earlier in the month about us being 8pts ahead if we win all our games. We blew the one that really mattered yesterday. We now have the tough run and we have to go to them next. Now is the time to stand up and be counted. The winter break is welcome as it’s clear some of the players are running on fumes. If we get a couple of quality (and I mean quality) additions in January then i think we will still win the league . If we don’t , or the new additions don’t hit the ground running, id make them slight favourites Purely on them having hurdled their tough run first. Whatever happens , this is going down to the wire. Considering where they were a few seasons ago, this is nothing short of unforgivable. However, that’s for another debate.

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Can’t vote as I’m unsure. Home game in the split will be key this season i think.

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I do, but there's quite clearly a title race this year. If morelos gets a hefty ban for them i think they'll drop points between now and the ibrox game, obviously not many. We need to go on a similar run that we did last year after christmas, and i think we can, but we have to recruit wisely in the january window. We really need another Striker and CDM, preferably Wanyama or a similar player, and another CB wouldn't go amiss.

6. Henke102

League overall is weaker than last season, Killie took points off them, Hibs still getting back on their feet with a new manager, Hearts are * and Aberdeen did take points with them, but they were lucky if I remember correctly.

This is shown in the overall points tally from us and them from this time last season.

Could Go down to the wire like it used to in the early 2000s, we just have to focus on winning every league game as we will get no help from anyone. Europa and Scottish cup is now secondary annd should be used as a chance to give our big squad game time.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Europe is why players come here. No chance is it secondary to anything I'm afraid. I'd not trade Seville for anything. The good thing is they also qualified so are equally as stretched.

Cringer67 likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

League is being killed because of these * and we seem all to happy to let them catch us whilst we sit on our arses getting complacent

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Just going thru the motions or hoping for the huns to slip up won't cut the mustard this season, we really need to waken up.

eire4 likes this.
  10. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    As long as we react in the way that is expected,a massive YES.
    And I think we will react in the way that is expected:ynwacelti

11. Henke102

Risk is, we lose the league and next season have no chance at UCL qualification and attract even less players.

Yes, they have qualified for it as well and we need to use our advantage in our squad size. It is a minor point overall as only 2 games, but fatigue can set in on the Thursday- Sunday turnaround

12. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yes.

i think we’ll make a couple of additions in Jan and when we come back we’ll hit the ground running. I’m not hitting the panic button yet, yesterday was nothing that can’t be sorted.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We're gonna struggle now..

Yesterday was an eye opener for me on our own pitch..

We've got too many footballers and they * it from the physical battle and press. Visibly crumble at it at time's..

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  14. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The pressure is certainly on but we have the better manager, so a yes from me.

Massive transfer window ahead however. I think we could easily improve in 4 positions.

Still extremely confident however!

15. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Our tactics have changed and I don't know why. We've stopped pressing teams in the final 3rd and we're more or less letting them have the ball in their own half and retreating to the half way line. We need to get back to the aggressive high press we had at the start of the season that worked so well at Ibrox and had us scoring for fun. And it's not tiredness causing it cos you can see the players deliberately filing back - it's a tactical change and it's not working.
    If nothing changes I think we've got less than 50:50 chance but I can't bring myself to press no. Also a couple of new faces and a tactical rethink could change everything.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  16. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Surely the lessons to be taken from the last 2 games against the scum will be taken on board.
    We have to be more aggressive. A bone cruncher DM is badly needed and Victor would be ideal.
    The board need to get the finger out now. We had too many timid performances yesterday. Forrest, Johnson and Christie were hiding most of the game, leaving Eddie totally isolated up front.

We have to win the personal battles against them. Then our class will tell.

Vic and another striker please!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  17. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    We need a reaction , we need fresh faces, Lennon has to bring in players with some brute force capabilities as a plan B.

If he sticks with plan A then the answer is no. We are now effectively relying on someone else to take points off them should they win their game in hand, at least until we play them anyway. They have a renewed sense of urgency and a lot of people here couldn't handle the fact they had improved. I worry that players/staff thought the same thing up until yesterday. We rode our luck on both the derby games prior to this one

A simple "spend money in January and we will be ok" is not the solution. Lennon has to rethink his tactical approach now that they have won at parkhead.

18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

You could twist that and say that we had all three first team strikers unfit and still managed to end the year top of our Europe League group, top of the League and with the first trophy in the bag.

Yep, my mistake, I was going by the corresponding fixtures.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  19. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Not only will we take the league but we will follow it up by taking our 6 counties back while our Celtic cousins take control of their own country.

The future is bright the future is certainly not orange.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Scots Cup is without doubt nothing to winning the league. But the Europa League secondary,you are joking???
    If we lost a very close title and won the Europa League I would still be dancing,dancing to the hilt. To win a 2nd European Trophy,beyond priceless. To go straight back into the CL Group Stages next season.
    That said I still think we can win the league but in no way is the Europa League secondary,no way.

JML67 likes this.