1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think we'll win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 30, 2019.

Discuss Still think we'll win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ask me after the window closes, mate.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

50/50

It’s going to come down to the remaining derby matches. Lennon needs to learn from the last two if we are going to come out of them with 4 or more points.

3. wulliebad

Voted no as there was no unsure option. I still think we are the better team but the mind set is all wrong.....we don't seem to want it as badly as they do and any time a team gets in our faces we struggle.
    We need to get used to being 2nd in the league for a while.
    Jan is huge and i hope celtic know this.

4. CountyDownFaithful

What a point btw!

In contrast, they had Davis on the post at corners and he cleared the ball off the line twice when McGregor was beaten.

Again it all falls down to tactics. This might seem minor but it’s the small margins that add up over the course of the season.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Panic stations.

They beat us twice last year. We won the league.

I don't think it will come down to the two remaining games against them, although they are vital as always. There is a * of a lot of football to be played yet so let's not * the bed just yet. Will we walk it? Nope. But I think we will win the league.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Yes.

Yesterday could be a good thing in the longer-term as it may be the catalyst to see the purse strings being loosened.

We don't need any more £2 million punts/prospects like Shved or Bayo. The squad is huge but full of players contributing very little.

Wanyama, Benkovic, CF (Sporrar?) and a RW to compete with Forrest.

Out:
    Sinclair
    Shved (loan if not going to be played) Griffiths (loan - not at the level we require just now)
    Hendry
    Morgan
    Kouassi
    Bayo (loan)
    Jozo

Open to selling Ntcham and Rogic if the right offer comes along. As long as every single penny is reinvested back into the team.

7. AMc88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    I voted yes. This team has shown time and time again mental strength and resilience. We'll bounce back from this.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    3 out the next 4 away from home! Need to be at it now constantly!

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's 4 out of the next 5 in the league too man, they come thick and fast too

Wed 22/1 - Killie away
    Sat 25/1 - R. County home
    Wed 29/1 - St Johnstone away
    Sun 2/2 - Hamilton away
    Wed 5/2 - Motherwell away

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. AMc88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Though I would add it's also reliant on a strong window.

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    This has to be used to improve and galvanise the team and squad. In fairness after the Cluj debacle there was a lot of the same sentiment about coaching, tactics and players. This reflection has come at the perfect time. Way too early to be talking about leagues. I'd like us to address the way we are playing in games like yesterday where the wingers are miles from support as is edoaurd and we really struggle to retain possession in the final third . If we address those issues it's still our league to lose

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

12. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Mibby

13. Keano88

It’ll be a lot closer than many expected but still have faith we’ll win the league aye.

We need to make sure we don’t drop any more points until they eventually slip up.

5 home and 8 away for us after the break, 9 home and 5 away for them - no real games you’d expect them to drop pts other than Killie away and us at Ibrox.

Us * it yesterday has turned it into a genuine race.

Gyp Rosetti and JC Anton like this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

When you put it like that it’s * madness. Shocking oversight.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  15. Keano88

The league is nowhere near as strong this season though so we can’t bank on them dropping points to the dross like they did last season.

I’d be surprised if we weren’t still within a point of each other when we meet again.

Twisty and JML67 like this.
  16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Yes , but not with 100% belief and thats criminal . We have to make sure we match them point for point up to the next hun game , dont lose it at all costs !! . The final game at Celtic Park could be our only chance to overhaul them .

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not confident after yesterday tbh, but not confident enough either way to vote. 50/50

18. Paul McAuley

Saying we lost this fixture last year is totally niave imo. They've only lost to us in the league this year and have an easy run of fixtures in the new year. They also have our number now.

Honestly don't know how to address the situation. The recruitment's been good. We're on a higher points tally than last year but the rest of the league is dire. It's coming down to this fixture and we just can't compete. Just getting out fought. Playing silly long balls up the channels. Taking * an age at throw ins. Losing every 50/50.

19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Yes , but it is last chance saloon as we cannot afford any more slip ups against anybody .
    Our league performances over the last 6 weeks have been average at best , this is the wake up call for Lenny and the squad that they must step up to the mark .
    Hopefully in the January transfer window we can get rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and get some quality players in to take the team to the next level as I genuinely believe that complacency has slipped into the management team and first team squad .

20. Jeremie Frimpong

I make them slight favourites for the title now.

9 of their next 14 games are at home, and the rest of the teams in the league are hopeless (although, strangely, some of them play every game against Celtic like their lives depend on it).

We have made hard work of winning some games this season, and we still have to play the rest of the top six away before the split.

I believe that we will need to have a near perfect second half of the season.