1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Naismith (Threads Merged)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MonTheHoops07, Jun 8, 2007.

Discuss Steven Naismith (Threads Merged) in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gunt

I would agree with that. If we bid 2 million and get him then I still think thats still very good value. If we bid 2 million and we dont get him that still at least puts Rangers out the picture for a while. Have a bad feeling he may hold on for a bosman and go to Rangers though. How long has his contract to go?

2. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Sad truth is he will be wasted here

3. gunt

But other than Aidan we dont have anyone who is comfortable wide left. There is no decent wide left midfielder in the reserves. Not sure it has to be NHaismith but we need cover for that position.

4. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    were supposed to be interested in Ljungberg i could see that happening because of Arsenal's over 30 policy where if your over 30 you only get a 1 year deal . Deek can play there too

5. pmccarroll06

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas Gravesen or Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk alone..
    i think WGS is tryin to emulate the lisbon lions,by trying to make the team all scottish,then win the champions league for the 40th anniversary! The problem is our scottish players arnt in the same calibre as those 40 years ago! and anyway he was quoted of saying that rangers why his "boyhood club" why do we want to sign all these huns?pressley,miller,brown,and now naismith?These transfer rumours just * me off! naismith,killen??what is WGS thinking about?? these guys wont make us a better team whatsoever even in the spl,never mind making the last 8 of the champions league!im fed up of the celtic board and the celtic fans going on about money!thats all they ever talk about! there are 60,000 at every home game,massive shirt sales,massive profits from CL!! stop hunting the bargain basement,and set our sights a bit higher!!
    Why didnt we just give maloney a bit extra money,twice the player of naismith:celt_2::shamrock::50:

6. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Could not agree more . All my points exactly
    My arguemnt ...Killen and McDonald or Maakay and Bellamy ?
    Were signing players who cant beat us in the SPL and expecting them to be able to compete in the CL
    GS better start signing some quality instead of edinburgh muppets ( i like Scotty B by btw hes an exception )

7. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    its simple really..... he's a good player, shining in a crap team. if he steps into a celtic shirt and plays alongside better players, his game will continue to flourish.
    i believe you cant have too many good players. he'd be a good addition... dont know stephen, but my dad worked for his dad who ran a small engineers firm.... good people.

8. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hes another hun we have too many huns now
    Pressely , M.Brown , Miller , Naismith we dont want to sign huns simple as

9. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Get a grip guys ffs, who says that now we're going for Naismith and we've signed MacDonald and Killen that we won't be going for a top striker? Can anyone answer me? Is it just that yous ignore statements made by the suits and the manager at Celtic just so yous can get a good moan?

WE WILL BE SIGNING MORE TOP PLAYERS THIS YEAR, AS WELL AS THE BEST YOUNG SCOTTISH TALENT!!!!!!

And some of the comments about us signing huns and Strachan being a closet hun, grow the * up!! These people are in football professionally, they have no hidden agendas, so get off your high horses and get the para egg off your shoulders. Hail Hail :shamrock:

10. liam_barnett

Naismith never played for Rangers did he?

11. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    ITS OFFICIAL WE HAVE MADE CONTACT WITH KILLIE OVER NAISMITH !
    McDonald , Killen , Miller , Hesselink , Beattie , Zurawski , Riordan . 7 strikers how many are tp class ? 1 Hesselink . If Nasimth signs that means No Bellamy

12. liam_barnett

I would say Hesselink is a top class striker but I would say McDonald and Killen are as well and I think Naismith would be a good addition to the squad.

13. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    McDonald and Killen are not at the same standard as Big Jan

14. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Look at the date, how long is the transfer window open for from now? A good * while i'd say, so what's the point in jumping right in and shoutin your criticisms before we've even started, really, setting out our stall for next year? You could end up looking foolish bud, think about it.

I hope we sign the bhoy, and im confident that Miller, Beattie and Zurawski are on their way out, leaving us with JVOH, MacDonald and Killen. Riordan and Naismith are not out and out strikers, they can be played in different positions, giving us so many more options that our challengers won't have.

And where are you getting the 'if Naismith signs that means no Bellamy' from?

15. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Mc Donald , Bellamy and Naismith are 3 very very similar players . Killen is reserve for VOH .

16. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    And?.....

17. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We have Deek and McGeady who can play wide left . McGeady is only 22 people forget that he will get better . Deek if he plays more games will be a big hit therfore £1mill on Naismith is unncesary . I wont tire of pointing out i think Naismith is a good young player but we have 2 players wide left who are every bit as good

18. pmccarroll06

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas Gravesen or Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk alone..
    the thing is we already have the best of scotland at celtic! pressley,miller,hartley,brown,riordan,kennedy,marshall!is naismith really going to add to that?if he does sign he would be like riordan,on the bench all the time!
    save the money on the transfer fee,and lets look at some bigger fish!i mean what sort of message are we sending out to our champions league rivals??absolutely none??i mean what competition did we have for killen??ac milan,barcelona,lyon????? no cardiff!!! and for mc donald??absoulutely no one!!
    the problem is us celtic fans,have come to accept too little and keep buying into this issue of celtic have no money!!yes spl and tv revenue is not the same as epl,but our champions league appearances boost our funds,not to mention record shirt sales!!
    we are a loyal bunch,its about time the board started showing us some loyalty and reward us with some real quality that will excite the fans!!
    :celt_2::shamrock::50:

19. MonTheHoops07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Exactly . When a quality player with a good pedigree is linked with us like Ljungberg or Bellamy people just say ''Nahhh he wont join us '' Rumours like Adriano , Owen and Torres are just daft and stupid

20. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    McGeady will be first pick on the left next year, and am all for it. Am a big fan of the bhoy. But a see Naismith as an attacking midfielder just behind the strikers not a left midfielder, although he can play there as well as a striker. What's wrong with having a player like that at your disposal?