1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Caulker

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Murph-E, Jul 13, 2017.

Discuss Steven Caulker in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delphic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Yeah I think you're right mate. If it was a one off you wouldn't mind it but for me our system is no where near as is should be. The great man Tommy Burns started it(the current set-up) around 10 years ago, he left Chris McCart in charge but compared to teams like Chelsea and Man City it's embarrassing. Even teams that don't bring in kids from abroad like Southampton are a million miles better. They've brought through Bale, Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott, Chambers, Lallana to name a few in the last few years. The last player to make is any real money was McGeady and Tommy was still with us then. As far as I'm aware - before Shaun Maloney, Charlie Nicholas was the last striker that came through our youth and went on to play for Scotland. More than 30 fecking years ago. No wonder we didn't have someone to replace Dembele or Griffiths on Wed.

2. Delphic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry

3. Delphic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    That last post was for the lad that mentioned James McCarthy. To the clown that says Teirney wasn't going to be released, it was the kid and his family that said it. My post might have been a bit scatty but before you start shouting your mouth off you should get it right.

4. Wonder_Bhoy

And this is all to do with Steven Caulker because...?

Check yourselves in and stop ruining the thread!

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Roskopicachu

He looks the part. From what i can make out he almost moved to Russia on loan but the deal fell through because in his own words, he wasn't fit enough. So that's whether he's failed the fitness test, or whether he just thought that to himself.
    Right now he's thinking signing on fees and all this crap and for what? He's a heid the ba'. One-on-one he'd get toasted in the Champions' League. He's literally got no game with the football at his feet, similar to Tyler Blackett, just not quite as bad.
    He's also been hacked and slandered by the media, i'm guessing he's not been able to do much about that if he's been knocking around pumpin' all the birds down the gym.
    Fair does, but bragging about it on social media gives you an idea about his focus, and it's not on football.

6. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Got a squad number.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I said Tierney wasn't going to be released.

Unsurprised you were clueless about his past when you can't even spell his name properly.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Erm.......what?

:43::43::43:

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It's about making players for first team not about money mcmanus Kennedy would have been better than mcmanus if he wasn't injured David Marshall maloney aiden Mcgeady James forrest calum mcgregor kiernan Tierney all became regular first team starters

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The QPR manager Ian Holloway says Steven Caulker, who has struggled with mental illness and addiction, is “in a fantastic place” after he rejoined training with the Championship side’s squad.

Caulker gave an interview to The Guardian in June in which he spoke about the desperate anxiety and self-loathing he felt, revealing he contemplated killing himself in his darkest moments.

The 25-year-old, who has an England cap and a goal to his credit, has not played for QPR since October, although Holloway is grateful that a player of Caulker’s calibre is now working under him again.

“I am delighted to have him back,” Holloway said on Monday. “That is a potential England centre-half again. Obviously it’s not ideal for me because he’s only just been training with me. It’s been pretty well documented. His article in the newspaper was as open as I’ve ever seen any footballer.

“Part of me was really sad about that, part of me was pleased and proud of him to actually admit that and now he’s in a fantastic place. He wants to come back and he wants to work and I can’t believe I’m the lucky person who’s going to work with him.

“The lads feel the same way. For me, now, it’s about helping him, with how up front and honest he’s been, to keep playing, keep working and keep improving. I’m delighted to have him.”

11. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Good on him for getting back on track, just wish he was doing it here and not at QPR.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Can close this thread then.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Good luck to the guy.

:50:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.