1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[PC] Steam Link

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Vinnie BBQ, Jan 4, 2018.

Discuss Steam Link in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Just got this today and it's working great on my Samsung tv with the steam link app.

Just tried F1 2017 and Elex as a test and it's amazing so far.

Anyone else uses this and what's your experience?

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I got one and the first day it was okay, 2nd day it lagged so much it was unusable. Haven't tried it since.

It was on a wired 200Mbps network so i'm not sure what was up, maybe there were some downloads running in the background or something. Haven't tried it since.

What controller are you using with it?

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Love it.

Wired is best, had it running wireless for awhile but the lag was annoying some times.
    Could be hit and miss.

But wired, spot on.

The only thing I wish they would do is allow it to be used as a secondary screen so I can still use the computer for other activities.
    Currently it opens steam in big window mode and your computer is locked in to that mode till you exit out.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's genuinely opened up pc gaming this past year for me.

As for controller, I'm using the steam one as well, pretty good if a little loud when clicking some buttons.
    Ability to map the keys is unreal and endless scope. Touch pad on either side allows for decent mouse input.

5. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Using it wired as well and the xbox360 wired controller which works great. The steam link app on my samsung tv made installation very easy as well.

Still trying to fiddle around with some of the graphics of some games, but the ones I tested were great. And that for +/- 14 euro´s incl. shipping.

Had Fifa 18 running from origin as well. (Only could not get away with the cursor somehow.) Still have to try and ad BF 1 and hardline.
    Haven´t managed to get Assassin´s Creed Origins in my list from Uplay this far