1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Callum McGregor, Apr 14, 2017.

Discuss Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    At what point did i say i was wetting bed because there's "Too many women and Coloureds in it"?

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    When you cried about people who liked the film being "liberal as *", and said they weren't real "Star Wars fans". Kind of patter that usually comes from right wing internet trolls with damp bedsheets.

How can the film be both "absolutely pish" and "* *" anyway? Your toilet based pejoratives are all over the place. Could it be that you were looking at your mattress when you wrote that?

3. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Aye mate am streaming out tears,but at you being a little * :56::56::56:

Ffs here mate dry your easily offended eyes, rewatch the absolutely pish and * * film and come back to me. I may take a while to reply because I'm at a #Freetommy #Nowomaninfilms #Noethnicsinfilms #Bedwetters march today wearing ma luke skywalker, Han Solo and Senitor palpertine top because they're all strong white males.

You * clown :56:

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Looks like your due another change of bedsheets mate. :87:

5. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    :56:Dry your eyes fella

t.jpeg

6. LloydsGamble

To be fair I think he meant they were too liberal with the plot, major characters and the established canon not that there was too much of the black guy :crazy3:

Good standalone movie but poor from a fans perspective I'd say. Loved the series as a kid so I'm quite critical

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Yeah maybe, but "too liberal with the plot" is a bit of a weird thing to say. Unless you're suggesting the film should only have had a light sprinkling of plot?

The film was subject to a wave of criticism on its release from internet racists and right wing trolls. Mainly due to the prominance of different ethnicities and its anti-establishment message.

Calling people who don't agree with their racist and neo-conservative views "liberals" is a common trait of these groups. As is * themselves when called out upon it.

Interesting that you enjoyed Star Wars films as a kid but now find yourself much more critical of them. Could be due to the fact that they're kids films? Or maybe, in your old age, you're just looking for something more substantial in films about magical space ninjas who fight aliens with laser swords?

8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I was * myself because what you wrote is absolute nonsense but hilarious at the same time by the fact you got so upset about what i put. Anyway just to ease your concerns, feel free to check the politics thread, or even the "why do people vote tory" thread and you'll find out my political and ethical views :50:.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Dominic Monaghan has joined the cast for Episode 9, and apparently Matt Smith (Doctor Who) is going to be in it as well.

10. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Outstanding, two white British actors to replace the stupid pink haired woman.

LETS MAKE STAR WARS GREAT AGAIN

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

[​IMG]

Callum McGregor likes this.
  12. LloydsGamble

Fair enough, didn't know there was a political side to it. Why bring politics into a film about space ninjas eh? We can agree on that.

As for the films themselves, we're talking about one of the most popular fantastical universe ever created with a vast fanbase. The original Star Wars films blew people away back in the day and have a special place in many peoples hearts. Space ninjas or no, there's no reason why a fan of the films can't say that it was a poor effort and they expect better.

Can totally get how the majority go in for a good time, have some fun and that's that and as a standalone sci-fi romp, sure it's good fun. But for long time fans, it was a bit all over the place. Could go into more detail but don't think you're that interested.

Bit snobbish to trash the genre though because you find it immature or for kids or whatever. Like trashing a grown man who still likes to wear his Celtic kit about, these things can shape you and be special to you no matter your age.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    No worries mate I'm not gonna do an audit on your post history or anything, I'm just having a laugh.

Bit of sawdust down your pants should soak it right up. :50:

Good point bud. Adults who get worked up about kids films are very similar to adults who wear full football kits. :50:

14. LloydsGamble

I'm wearing a Chewbacca onesie right now mate, sitting here still raging about that * film

15. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Solo was better

16. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * mince.

17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Fair point little chance of catching a disease and far more popular than my Led Zep thread!:56: