1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hiphopaddict, Dec 5, 2017.

Discuss Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I think the hotel and better eating and drinking facilities are a priority around the stadium. The Celtic way is something to be proud of and we just need more amenities. After that we could look at redevelopment of the old stand. Inside the front is a nice entrance but everywhere else, like press room and hallways are cramped and tired. Trophy room is also underused in my opinion. Let's get all this right before increasing capacity. Increasing match day experience will bring more fans.

2. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    That's the point I'm making. There are massive clubs that don't fill their huge stadiums every week. But fill them on big games. AC and Inter Milan to name a couple. They have the capacity available so they can sell say 75,000 tickets when there's a demand for it

Lilac Wine and JC Anton like this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You take that back!

I spent many a happy afternoon standing in the doorway of the Grange with a packet of crisps and a can of coke, waiting for my auld man and my Granda finishing up getting pished for the game. :giggle1:

Lilac Wine and Seán Mac D like this.
  4. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Yes. Were never getting champions league final in this ground.
    A europa league final is weird one though becauase our stadium without the restricted view seats is still bigger than a few stadiums that have held it .

* knows how we go about getting the tunnel to the vatican big enough to fit a bus though

Marty McFly likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I spent many an afternoon in Pub Doorways pre-match, waiting on my old man and his mates getting pished.. used to get me a Coke every round(cokee-colee if in Dundee) how much Coke can a 10yr old drink..:56:

Lilac Wine and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. celtic warrior

Don’t think capacity increase is a reason the board would redevelop the stadium, they’d do it if meant getting the ratings required to host CL finals and the likes and probably other events.

But currently with the way that European football is looking for this club in the near future they won’t * a huge load to increase capacity knowing there is only a 2 game guarantee we’d max capacity because those 2 games are against sevco.

With the work they’ve lately on the Celtic way, potential hotel complex thing etc..., that’s the way forward. Until it got to a point that the stadium was constantly at max capacity and there was sufficient evidence of season book demands over availability would they take the financial hit to increase capacity.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If we don't get a floating pitch then the board can * off as far as I'm concerned.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. jordan_

We really don't need an increase in our capacity. We simply don't have the funds to build it either, nor would i want to be wasting money on something like this.

Have a look at Crystal Palace looking to spend roughly 100million on re developing Selhurst Park and increasing it by 6000 seats.

The only thing that would make sense in a re development is to make us a 5star stadium for Euro finals (so wouldn't increase attendance) , however i cant this happening as we would need somewhere to develop secured access for players like Hampden has and i cant see where we would do that.

9. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Would be quite happy to see something like this:

[​IMG]

But get the stripes to *. The circus tent look is more a Hun thing.

10. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    have it the same all the way round instead of looking like old trafford holding even less but maybe more boxes and a tunnel.

11. Sween

I think a 60000 capacity feels about right. I dont think you can justify spending 10s of millions so we can increase capacity for champions league nights and when we play Rangers.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  12. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The ocd in me would then be itching for the rest to be given a 3rd tier to match the height right round...(yet somehow i love the current way we have it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope the hotel development will allow guests to park at stadium on matchday as would be * off if not allowed to park there as hotel guest and have a match ticket.

14. aliceinsound

at this point in time it would probably be worth increasing capacity, the aberdeen game is sold out and killie game not far behind it, but it is difficult to predict how long we will maintain current attendances, might go up but could go down again.

first and foremost though the stadium needs a bit of clean on the outside and dolled up a wee bit, doesn't need to be like bayern's stadium but even just a wee bit cladding to cover the beams wouldn't be the worst idea.

after that we should really look to remove the pillars so we no longer have restricted viewing, we probably already have but consulting with some architects should be done. i think any rebuild or extension the old main stand will have to be made up of alot of vip type boxes to make it feasible financially.

15. Martin_CFC

Don’t think expanding the stadium is worth the money it would cost. As good as times are just now, it wasn’t too far back that we were struggling to get 40k at home games under Deila and to a lesser extent Lennon in his final year.

Installing another 15k seats would likely cost upwards of £20m and I don’t think the club would be prepared to take the risk of having more empty seats at a higher maintenance cost if Brendan moves on and we don’t get another big name manager in.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  16. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    No point in expanding the capacity as it is only full on European nights or when we play the scum .

It would be better value improving the facilities so it became a UEFA five star stadium eligible to holdEuropean finals .

17. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    What about super sonic microphones or subwoofers to increase noise by 10x in the stadium, to put the fear up opposing teams.Maybe sonic attacks could be plausible,like switch them on/off at certain times.The technolgy must be there.

Aye,snds like a daft idea.Stil no as far fetchd as building a floating pitch just up fae the winey lol.

18. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Improve the coffoe,its like drinking a cup a scalding water.

19. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    St James's Park looks like they started copying our stadium and then chucked it half way through. Terrible looking grun:

[​IMG]

HailHoopy likes this.
  20. HailHoopy

Fucksake that's pure and utter vomit :99:

trip2themoon likes this.