1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St. Mirren v Celtic; Thu 26th Dec; 3pm- BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Dec 21, 2019.

Discuss St. Mirren v Celtic; Thu 26th Dec; 3pm- BT Sport 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Any highlights available?
    Was Working today

2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    We got in , grabbed the 3 points and got out . job done ! we move on to the next job …. a game against about 825 manky stinkin durty O'B,S !!! . Do them proper and hit the beaches BHOYS !!

3. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song

Do yourself a favour nd just watch the first half .

4. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I was on the BT app and couldn't find it.
    I'll try later on..

That bad aye?
    Ooft.
    Hopefully just saving the charge to run over some dirty slimey hun * on sunday

buchanbhoy likes this.
  5. oh bhoy

Aye they are good players both could do a job anywhere ,but why to down that road instead of playing them where to know you'll get the best out of them it's as mental as playing McGregor at lb

Mickmac likes this.
  6. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's obviously done to get Ntcham on. I trust NL knows what he's doing and it's worked so far. I guess it's taking those decisions that makes him manager and not one of us.

7. oh bhoy

Aye he's Grinding out results after making things unnecessarily complicated

buchanbhoy likes this.
  8. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I wouldn't say grinding out apart from the second half today.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. joemc

The shift to christie and forrest has not affected the team , we are still winning games , we are trying to see out games without going full pelt saving a bit for the next game ,and also trying to avoid injury , the sniping is probably due to the nature of the league and not having the huns putting a run together like this and the way they played against us in the cup , some fans haven't felt this and will require nappies come the end of the season ,others who have will know it's fine margins that make the difference ,not changing too much when winning , holding wot u have for 3 points , we are managing the pressure well , as the pressure is all on us as champions , we are on a great run , they will be hating the fact that it has to be them that hurts us cauz that's wen it really turns on to them , stay calm in the * storm that will come from media before this game and know we need to and will bring our A game for this , it's a cup final game and they all want to see the champion fall , we wont be caught like we were at hampden .

tarboltontim, blackfish and Pogues like this.
  10. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think you knew what I meant.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  11. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The team he's picking - Christie wide etc is different from the start of the season and we've stopped playing the high press we were using so effectively at the start of the season. There's no question we're playing in a different way from a couple of months ago and it's not as effective. How do you explain us struggling to 2-1 wins over Hamilton, Aberdeen and St Mirren and being out-played by the huns. That wasn't happening earlier in the season when we played with an aggressive high press.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What’s your alternative plan for just now with no left winger?

13. Sentinel

Is that 11 wins on the trot in the SPL? If so, none. However, there is a general consensus that we are struggling with the current formation.

I think we are making hard work of too many games and over time close games will take their toll both mentally and physically. Today, we were 2 up and cruising only to sit back, play passively, waste chances and get involved in needless fouls and passing around at the back.

If you think for 1 second that that 2nd half display will be good enough on Sunday, then I'd be very surprised.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  14. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We
    We could have played Hayes wide when Ely and MJ were out and MJ looks fit now and he's not starting him.

gazb1888 likes this.
  15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You’d rather have Hayes playing left wing than managing to keep Forrest and Christie in the side?

Mikey clearly isn’t 100% match fit yet...

16. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don't think it's clear he's not match fit and it would be Hayes, Christie and Forrest in front of Broony and Calmac. It's as much the tactics though. Why are we not pressing teams in the final 3rd. When the opposition defence have the ball our midfielders are staying on the halfway line and our CDs are midway inside our own half. We need to be pressurising defences more higher up the park as we were doing before.

17. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Your avatar says your birthday is Christmas Day and @Cringer67 jumped out of it :party:

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

“It’s been good being back. I’m just trying to get back fully fit and get the games in.“ From the horses mouth.

The dropping off in pressing clearly isn’t an order from the coaching staff, it’s coincidentally a natural collateral of playing shitloads of games in a short period. Guys like Calmac who has played more football than anyone in Europe, could be doing with resting but can’t be because we’re in 2 high pressure must win games a week.

Despite that, we continue winning game after game after game and that’s not an excuse to moan at the team.

19. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Despite that. * up :lenny1:

20. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think it must be an order from the coaching staff because the players are quite clearly not pressing as high up the park and I don't see any of the coaches on the touchline telling them to get forward. NL is also saying how well we're playing so this must be what he's telling them them to do. I support Lennon and I loved it when he came in and played an aggressive attacking style and proved the doubters wrong. I just can't understand why he's changed it when it was so successful.