1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

St.Mirren v Celtic, Premiership, Wed 3rd April 2019, KO 19:45, BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Mar 31, 2019.

Discuss St.Mirren v Celtic, Premiership, Wed 3rd April 2019, KO 19:45, BT Sport 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The way we're playing, I don't think we'll win that game.

2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Think Rodgers saw these performances coming. He was instrumental in some of his dealings etc but no doubt he saw it coming. Burke is a prospect nothing more and he isn't even ours. Weah much the same tbh. No real cover for all the injuries, working on what would seem to be a shoestring with some players not able to play at top level anymore i.e Izzy, Lustig. We still have some exciting players in Christie, McGregor, KT, Eddy, Ajer and even Hayes and Bain. We could clear a lot out and not miss them. Cham I fear isn't as good as he thinks he is in his head and neither is Boyata. We only have half a working defence. Injuries have blighted us all season not mention Dembele going. Lenny is left with a real challenge here.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Yeah mate. Believe we have the full four qualifiers.

4. y_n_w_a

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Paul McStay,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y N W A
    Geezo! That escalted quickly :56:

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sportscene from last night

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He has left us in a bit of a mess tbh, though surely people higher up than him knew we needed a big rebuild. This summer is massive for us.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We may not be firing on all cylinders but we are certainly good enough still to win that game.

8. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    1st half wasn't too bad last night but the 2nd was brutal. We really need to start getting a settled 11 together and giving them a run of games to get some sort of rhythm and understanding into our play. Injuries permitting of course but also Lennon needs to cut out the daft team selections. Benkovic is the best CB at the club, use him. Give Weah more game time and play Burke out wide where his talents will be best exploited and his weaknesses less telling.

strike twice likes this.
  9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Without saying we were great by any stretch of the imagination I didn't think we were as bad as some pasts made us out to be. Last night especially in the first half it was more about abysmal finishing in front of goal. Some really bad misses in there too with the pk from Ntcham and Burke's first miss being really bad. You can maybe give Ajer some leeway he is not a striker. But we had gone flat in the second half by the time Christie came on and what a performance he put in. Almost scored right away and was just such a breath of fresh air with his movement and real threat in the final third. Having him back fully fit for the semi-final will be a massive boost.

jude 67 likes this.
  10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

think its because he is still playing rogers formation and style

who would you drop for burke ? sinclair ? or move forrest or rest him, agree about benkovic but hes off end of season and although were all fed up with jozo he has proved before he can play well, although i dont know whats wrong with the guy or if he was just always * but had fooled me with some good games

just to add great to see christie back when we play him or a fit rogic we can break down these "park the bus" bore assed teams but without them we dont seem to have enough as has been the case a lot of games away this season

for sure old celtics from the past would have mixed it up more, we very much are a passing posession based team these days and it would be good to have a center forward to attack crosses or long balls at times though as a plan b

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  11. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Would try Burke wide left. Still got the option of Sinclair from bench. The team i would like to see getting a run of games would be. Bain, Lustig, Benkovic, Ajer, KT, Forrest, McGregor, Brown, Christie, Burke, Edouard.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  12. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    I think Stewart is spot on again.