1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St. Mirren v Celtic, Fri 14 Sept 19:45, Ladbrokes Premiership.....result 0-0

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Sep 4, 2018.

Discuss St. Mirren v Celtic, Fri 14 Sept 19:45, Ladbrokes Premiership.....result 0-0 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * hunbelieveable in here the * who haven't been seen since the sevco game have suddenly reappeared funny that!

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  2. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think 3 at the back, especially away from home in tight grounds like last night is the way forward. At one point we had Ajer playing the right wing back role. Sorry, he's a brilliant defender but if we're now going to be relying on the likes of Ajer/Boyata/Benkovic to get down the flanks and whip balls into the box then we're in big trouble.

Also need to start encouraging players to shoot from distance. It's one of my biggest gripes, the lack of ability to have a pop at goal from within 25 yards. We have players capable of it but we always seem to get up to the opposition box, everyone camped in front of the player with the ball with absolutely zero space to slide a pass through or create anything but rather than try and work the keeper at least we pass it side to side until we're closed right down and the ball ends up worked back to Gordon.

AwesomeCaz likes this.
  3. seanm

We need to stop this side to side passing the whole game looking for an opening. I'd rather go straight at them all the time. We may lose the ball most times but we will get a break now and then.no lubo or naka to unlock the parked buses we will be playing against all season.I bet all our training is attack v defence.BR should have hooked ntcham everyone saw the red coming.HH.

4. BigRourkey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present: Tierney Past: Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Points get dropped. Away games are particularly likely to involve points being dropped.

Being down to 10 men for half a game, particularly away from home, is likely to make dropping points a good possibility. If not probable.

When Barca or Real Madrid drop points, they don't launch a full inquiry re-examining the whole philosophy of the game they play. I don't see why on here we always have people suggesting we need to change formations or whatever &c.

Games like this happen.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Which would be fair comment if it was a one-off, it's not. It's another in a litany of sub-standard performances over the last 14 months.

The whole point of a forum is to voice our opinion on matters. As long as criticism is constructive there's no reason why it shouldn't be given. Last night was far below the standards required in strategy, application and quality.

6. M 67

New manager effect for st mirren too, always happens. Get a wee boost for the first few games.

Although there’s no doubt we need to get our finger out. Never been a fan of only 1 up top, and was really looking forward to a moose eddy double this year, but it’s not to be :54:

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Like your optimism BigRourkey :50: 99 times out of 100 I would be 100% with you but I do think the problems we have at the minute go deeper than just dropping 2 pts last night. I also disagree about the barca n Real comparisons I think they do have inquiries whenever they drop points.

8. Markybhoy

Another * performance. Seems like the opposition need to be wearing red, white and blue for this team to up it's game.

KRS-1888 and seanm like this.
  9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

spot on from both of yous

we need to be able to change our tactics to a more direct style at times (would hate for us to do it all the time though), mcgreggor and rogic aint consistent enough or good enough

do we need to suck the opponents on to us more so we can create space ? if so how do we do that ?

at celtic park our creative players seem to have much more space to play but when we are away we seem to dominate the ball and our attacking creative midfielders are right up on the edge of the penalty area facing a wall of opposition players

the possession game is good i like us having the ball and retaining it but it does highlight other problems and that is our inability to break down a team that is sitting in their own half and penalty area to claim a point at all costs or not get hammered

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. Paradise88

Just of international break. I expect a few shock results today

11. joemc

Games like this do happen ,but if we are looking at it more closely ,we win our first spl game comfortably ,2nd we get a last minute type v hamilton ,hearts we get beat ,orcs we catch them off a counter and counter them ,and score 1 to win it , and last night we dont score ,all the games teams have sat in and we have struggled to break them down .
    The only way round it is to score early if we are sticking with the system that HAS won us 2 titles , that means a big hartson type who wont be pushed around ,and some1 who can put a good ball into the box from corners or free kicks ,who isnt our stricker .

seanm likes this.
  12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We're so bad the now

seanm likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Happens when you don't freshen the team up with new signings.

seanm likes this.
  14. seanm

Brendan trying to deflect from how rank rotten we were by blaming officials who were also rank rotten.if we can't break through a team with players then we need new players who can.totally depressed after the hun game I thought we would push on but last night was brutal.only broony and forrest get pass marks benkovic did well too.HH.get the * finger out bhoys.

15. jamesfr

No don't think they will to be honest,I do think they will finish 2nd though and I don't want them getting too far in front which will give them extra motivation.

16. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    This is it in a nutshell for me mate......this summer is going to hang over us till January!!.......we do need answers over what happened and we've got to put this right in the New Year.......i shudder if we don't!!...and like you i consider myself an optimist too mate!!

17. ddub11

Nothing will happen in January,we will be top of the league and thats all the board care about.

18. Cupid Stunt

We were really poor, saying it for ages now but we need to move away from one up top because it doesn't work for us anymore.

P.S. Dallas is a *.

19. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I am just pretending last night never happened:56:

jocksteinupper likes this.
  20. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It will and it has to......i still think we'll win the league but if we don't freshen things up surely even that * incompetent shower of * at the helm can see the writing's on the wall.....this is not a time for brinkmanship over cash when we're in a relatively strong position.

If we blow the 10 and it's perceived over penny-pinching they will never ever be forgiven!!