1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St. Mirren v Celtic, Fri 14 Sept 19:45, Ladbrokes Premiership.....result 0-0

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Sep 4, 2018.

Discuss St. Mirren v Celtic, Fri 14 Sept 19:45, Ladbrokes Premiership.....result 0-0 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

maybe brendan is trialing out other formations in these domestic games for our assault on europe

i dont think sinclair has been terrible this seasonm hes had quiet periods in games but he gives you acceleration over a 20 30 yards, quick feet and a goal threat, suprised he didnt play any part tonight, getting a bit tired of sutton picking on him aswell, hes an experienced player maybe be a good vice captain of the team, it might make him a bit more consistent

all in all credit to the travelling fans because our games against the smaller teams the last season and a bit have been *, definately looks like some attitude complacency problem, they cant rise for these games

2. strike twice

I was looking forward to tonight's game ( live on B.T. and I've not got sky ) but it was a damp squib of a frustrating , flat performance . I thought that Ntcham could have been sent off even earlier than he was . Let's hope that he learns from his mistake , he's still young , and he should put it down to experience . I disagree with Brendan regarding the red card , but the refereeing was hit and miss all round IMHO . The team need to start winning again , even if it's not in a silky style , as we have a busy run of fixtures coming up .

3. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Turgid football again.

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

Sloppy played tonight, undisciplined , got me to Think when we played under Deila. When we played like this many here was saying he lost the plot, the dressing room. st.mirren showed alot of heat so good for them. But we need to straighten our backs and do better. Hail hail

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. dmac

What happened to the attacking football from 2 seasons back the attacking midfielders struggle to get the passing game going and it is back to the passing tour the back the players look jaded

6. phreeky

Too many take their place in the starting 11 as a given. Throw a pack of youngsters in, make everyone know they need to fight for their place, and some of the youngsters/new guys might surprise.

It's a risk, but there is rarely reward without risk.

7. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Cant believe we needed a goal and brendan put on Ryan christie

freitassen likes this.
  8. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Total pish tonight. Ntcham is working his ticket; don’t be confused by the post-match comments.

I love Brendan, but things are unraveling worryingly quickly.

We will win the league but perception that is success will be at a huge cost - that being investment at a top level.

First time I have posted in ages.

I am disgusted at where we are vs where should be. * disgraceful.

9. slippy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail!
    Spot on.

10. Lewis Kerr

We have been so * for quite a while now.

Win against huns just glosses it over, they are atrocious but we haven't been good enough and its starting to worry me. The football is so * boring

Rydo1888* and Sno'sLeftFoot like this.
  11. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The team need to have a sit down and thrash some things out. It's fairly obvious it's not a harmonious camp at the moment. Some are playing for the jersey, others aren't. I'm not looking for everyone to be best pals, but when Ntcham got his second booking, as stupid as it was, no one pleaded his case and it was all St Mirren players around the referee. That should never be the case.

12. slippy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail!
    It's absolutely rotten. Just the same as the home games last season, although it now appears to be creeping into our away form as well. Anyone who thinks we are going to stills it this season needs to have a word. Zero progression.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Some absolute * rotten plums in here man its honking.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. Mr. Slippyfist

Absolutely pish tonight but St. Mirren deserve credit where it's due.

Shocking tactical formation from Rodgers, despite the pish he spouted about it being 4 at the back.

To not have played Griff from the start was beyond criminal, and to be honest the lack of game time he's been getting is starting to really * me off, especially with how highly Rodgers bums him up in the press - a proven 30+goal a season striker who he won't start.

Fuckinf baffling at times...

freitassen and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. KevMan

What * me off is that performances like this are happening far too often, the players seem too relaxed when it comes to the domestic games bar the Huns game. It’s annoying as * as when it comes to Thursday we’ll see a completely different performance, probably and hopefully get a result only for a similar horse * performance as today’s again against Kilmarnock.

16. Celticbhoy17

Need to play mikey Johnstone in games like these

17. john2061

theres a few needs benched for a few weeks and we could have played till midnight and wouldnt have scored theres no plan B when teams camp into their own penalty box .

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You posted three weeks ago, ya sausage. :84:

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Going by the post match comments, the derby win just glossed over the problems we knew existed at the end of the transfer window.

neilly1987 likes this.
  20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Brendan will need to bring in new players of a good or exceptional quality to challenge what we have now when the January window opens. Just hope its not too late by then.
    Too complacent and if we have a few bad results means end of chance of 8IAR which with our budget is just disgraceful.
    They need to come good on Thursday.