1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sporting Club Braga vs Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gman85, Jul 16, 2010.

Discuss Sporting Club Braga vs Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woody

samaras up front on his own lol seriously I could have picked a better team than that (btw I'm a lennon fan ;) )

2. smadabhoy

3 goals from set pieces.... the 2nd goal brown losses the big guy... 3rd goal brown goes rite through sum1. he was terrible as was maloney and mulgrew... and Zaluska?????? where was he for that free kick it went down the middle of the goal! i cant beleve it plus the guy was far to far out i have no doubt david james would have saved that with ease!!!!!!

3. Richmal

The fans need to go next week and roar the roof of, its our only chance, its still not impossible, but the fans needs to really blow them away, and with a massive support, you never know, :54:

4. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    we still go into the europe leauge qualifiying stage

5. smadabhoy

3 SET PIECE GOALS?? shocking mulgrew brown and maloney were absolutly terrible and zaluska is gettin beat friom bout 40 yards and the shot wasnt in the corner.. DAVID JAMES NOW PLEASE!

6. tmallin

will we still get a place in the europa league? or are we out of europe if we dont get a result next week?

7. jacqui67

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Gimme your book an il go, nothings impossible, get behind the team, even if we are put out so what we have 3 domestic cups to win

8. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    Started off on the trend though. A penalty like that and we never used it to fire us up, we deserve it even though Braga werent amazing, we didnt take it to them.

9. garryakastubbsy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Izzy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lord of the wing
    Midfield was * full game were still missing that player that sits behind the strikers, i didnt even know maloney was on till i seen him getn subbed and thats the guy i couldnt wait to come back!

Overall though were far to slow and the players need to get gelled asap

10. DannybhoyCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Roberts, Dembele, Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe Mcdonnell, Grace
    proved both my two points tonight

zaluska is the worst goalkeeper i have ever seen

and we needed a player like mcgeady tonight, we were playing defensively, when we countered we need someone who will get the ball, and run 40/50 yards and create a chance, we missed him tonight, if he goes, we are screwed in my opinion

i didnt understand why paddy wasnt brought, he is a creative player who would create chances, so we bring on forrest instead? :97:

11. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    * disgrace brown , Maloney , Loovens , Mulgrew , Hooiveld , Zaluska and Ki can all get to * . Brown is the worst captain in celtics history I'm being serious when I say I would just terminate his contract not fit to wear the shirt . Also where was Fotune , Mcgeady , McCourt and hooper terrible management and substitutions never seen a celtic team so negative not even at the nou camp .

12. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    i couldnt get to watch it ,out of 10 how bad was it 0 being the worst??

and was there enough evidence there that we could win 3-0 next week??

13. DannybhoyCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Roberts, Dembele, Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe Mcdonnell, Grace
    proved both my two points tonight

zaluska is the worst goalkeeper i have ever seen

and we needed a player like mcgeady tonight, we were playing defensively, when we countered we need someone who will get the ball, and run 40/50 yards and create a chance, we missed him tonight, if he goes, we are screwed in my opinion

i didnt understand why paddy wasnt brought on, he is a creative player who would create chances, so we bring on forrest instead? :97:

14. HoopsBhoy91

Two words. OH *. I've got my tickets for the home leg already. Still going to go and support the team but i guess it will be in vain.

15. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home

No, we go out, its home time

16. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    Is it just me or does anyone else think lenny is reluctant to make substitutions.

17. Kez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal/ Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Okay, let's win the second half.

There's always Europa League play-offs, I'm assuming this is a oneoff.

18. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye, well that's the lot on the GB forum for yeez. Pesimism doesn't quite cover it, that's why I gave up on them. Also they seem to think the group is bigger than the football club.

19. irishbhoyabroad

Questions that Lennon should answer!

1. Why was McGeady not even in the squad tonight? (Don't give me the crap it will reduce his price, as no Champions League teams will come in for him)

2. Why was Hinkel not even placed in the squad? (Same point, no Champions League team will come in for him)

3. Why don't you remove the captaincy from incompetent players (Brown), who look like they are going to get sent off at every challenge he goes in to. Also he can't seem to pass a ball. Surprise surprise!!!

4. Why are the same problems happening with the team now, as they did under Mowbray? Passing a ball is a basic need to the game, something we have not been able to grasp in over a year. Anything to do with using his same tactics?..........

5. Grow some balls, stop trying to be a friend to some of the players and start managing them properly. You are there to manage, not to be the funny guy and be there friend.

6. Try keeping your information regarding your feelings towards players in-house, like any normal manager should do in their job!

Before anyone starts saying it is only one loss, I am saying this as it is how I have felt from when he took over originally and I did not want him in charge, as he does not have the managerial competence or tactics that are needed.

Managerial incompetence is a factor whether people want to admit it or not!

I have always been a fan of Lenny, but he should not have been considered as manager at any time during the process. If I go to a job without any experience at all, do I deserve the position of manager over a more qualified individual? Certainly not, the process from the beginning for a new manager has been flawed.

20. Redbaz

Saw one post saying we will win the league??? on that display???? and some saying sammy put in a good shift, aye if there were prizes for being on yir * he would be a world * beater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.