1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

South Africa votes to confiscate white-owned land without compensation

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Aidan O’Shea, Feb 28, 2018.

Discuss South Africa votes to confiscate white-owned land without compensation in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Actually maybe somebody should play 'Black & White' by Three Dog Night ffs

Sporting CP Bhoy likes this.
  2. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Calm down there mate. No need for names like that.

We are not at primary school.

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    What do you mean,i was chatting you up,i thought you were flirting:56:

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I've only met one white South African and she doesn't fit that description at all.

5. Sween

Only on here could I be considered alt-right :56:

Im all for giving someone back what was stolen from them. But when absolutely every single person connected to the theft is dead, it is just simplistic nonsense to say the land belongs to black people and not to white people. South Africa was built by white and black people. The idea that you simply take land owned by someone by force because you dont like the behaviour of their great great great grandparents and give it to someone who has zero claim to it other than they are black is mental to me. Even worse you are guessing that their ancestors did wrong just because they come from a dutch or british bloodline.

On the falklands, I think it is British far more than Argentine by virtue of British people living there peacefully longer than Argentina has existed. Im not sure I would care enough to send people to die for it though.

I find it odd in that case you would support the rights of evil imperialist colonists who enslaved and destroyed local communities in south america only to turn into a bananna republic dictatorship? Over a bunch of peaceful fishermen living on an island in the middle of nowhere? That is far too right wing for me! :56:

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    As you say though, theft is theft. Stealing land back doesn't mean that it's right.

7. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No but those farmers have profited from that theft of land.
    Not to mention the conditions the black farmhands would no doubt have been working under it sticks in the craw for these people.

The original crime is theft. If SA passes a law for the reclamation of those lands then so be it.
    In the same way this country could re-Nationalise Royal Mail, train services and gas etc
    Is that theft?

Gavmontic and TESLA like this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I understand that, but that's not their fault so I can't get my head around why they should be punished for it.

It would depend entirely on whether or not re-nationalising meant that they people who were losing control of those industries, were compensated or not.

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

an eye for an eye, natural justice in it, although harsh as *

if someone hurt or stole from a loved member of your family, you'd feel the need to hurt or steal from them at least as much

so although the descendant never stole, enslaved, raped or murdered a black south african he is there and owns * because of the crime, so proceeds of crime surely means its restored to the original indigenous peoples or in the case of it may not have been owned per say by an individual black south african, ownership is restored to the state that represents the people

its a interesting subject there is no doubt that the white anglo saxon, viking, norman, roman e.t.c e.t.c. european peoples and their history, each other having been invaded and conquered (in a lot of cases time and time again) and the reinvention and evolution of their civilized existence enabled them to forcefully take ownership of lands far from europe and butcher the local civilizations/people as if they were inferior and had no worth.

would the world come to an end if the lands and property were given back to the peoples that it was stolen from ?

10. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Theres no nice outlook or solution to this, now that a public voice has said the land is stolen (which is was) and have been given the mandate to take it back it probably will, I have faith that it wont be rampaging mobs killing whites because world media will be on their shoulders.

I dont think this country can ever be healed, you would need someone who was from there and really intune on the countrys recent history to lead the negotiations to never have the thought in a person of colours head to go "yeah you wanted me to live in a gutter and drink from separate water sources from you" to achieve true equality.

That country is * and white squatters are probably best off leaving before the country descends into the the chaos they left it in.

11. The Greenman King of kings

That has been happening and the media has been largely silent. Just type in 'South Africa farm murders' on Google. Lauren Southern has covered it recently and has put videos about it up on her YouTube channel. Some really brutal *.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  12. Aidan O’Shea

Yeah there’s been silence on this issue. Disgraceful.

13. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Yes it is as if a good number of people actually want more bloodshed in South Africa.

14. Sporting CP Bhoy

American media hasn't really been covering this at all...pretty much radio silence on it, which I find very odd, as it's clearly an important story.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    TBF it is difficult to think of any situation where Trump having his say is going to help anyone!

Callum McGregor likes this.
  16. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

As far as I know it has only been a suggestion so far. still a long way to go to actually reassemble the whole idea - if ever.

17. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    It likely won't happen but its still fun to debate the issue

18. Sween

I think it is more to do with the fact that there is so much violence, famine, and general crazy * going on in Africa the benchmark for reporting bad stuff is much higher than in Europe or America.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Aidan O’Shea

But when it’s racially motivated mass violence then I’d expect more coverage. Especially when the Left is so keen to constantly claim that white lives seem to matter more to us than brown or black lives.

20. The Greenman King of kings

That's probably true but we both know if the shoe was on the other foot it would (rightly) be headline news.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.