1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Source] Grant confirms Fortune interest

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Paddy, Jun 20, 2009.

Discuss [Source] Grant confirms Fortune interest in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paddy

Celtic coach Peter Grant has admitted Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune is one of new manager Tony Mowbray's main transfer targets.

Working with former Baggies boss Mowbray and coach Grant at The Hawthorns may influence Fortune's decision as he ponders a move but Celtic face stiff competition from Premier League clubs.

"Marc says he would love to come here and he is a player we'd be very interested in if he was available and affordable," Grant said.

"Marco is a quality player and we were very impressed by just how well he did for us last season.

"People say he didn't have a fantastic scoring record. But look at the goals from midfield after he came in.

"The goals the other boys scored because of the way he played was phenomenal.

"Marco had a great ethic about him in his training as well as his playing. He was a privilege to work with."

However, Celtic may be priced out of a move for the £3million-rated frontman, who scored against Motherwell in the UEFA Cup last season, as Hull have already held discussions with Nancy.

Hull manager Phil Brown claimed the Tigers were one of three serious contenders for Fortune's signature earlier this week.

The 27-year-old scored five times for West Brom after joining the club's unsuccessful fight against relegation in January.
    Grant confirms Fortune interest | Celtic | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

2. joemc

think he may be a decent signing,could mean jvh is ofski,

3. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    jvoh and sammy have to go so him in and also flethcer would be perfect

4. Dirty Harry

Very naive to discuss transfer argets in the media, or is it a smokescreen to concentrate on other targets not mentioned ?

5. irvy7

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,cauldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    not everything i cloak and dagger mate maybe the new staff member have decided to keep the fans in the know

6. Rosleabhoy

not naive if he knows the boy well and fully expects to get him....perhaps a "done deal"

7. steviebhoy32

even if that is their thinking it is incredibly naive as it leaves them open to criticism if they target someone and fail to get him. also lets them get held to ransom by both the player and selling club in monetary terms

8. irvy7

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,cauldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    could also mean its a done deal then if they are so confidant

9. Rosleabhoy

I think Lawell is used to dealing with clubs like that

10. steviebhoy32

its never a done deal until the contract is signed

so do i thats why he wouldnt want us publicly confirm out tranfer targets

11. Rosleabhoy

Grant hinted that hes a player they like. I wouldnt get too carried away with off the cuff remarks about players. Mowbray will know who he wants

12. steviebhoy32

agreed . i dont think mogga would want to conduct his transfers in public

13. Brendan Hughes

I would take him, better than Jan