1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler Alert] Sopranos

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Craiglang, Jan 27, 2016.

Discuss Sopranos in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Heb Celt

Only seen it the once.Just not had the time to watch it again but planning on doing so soon,as others have said loads of bits you would've missed first time around.In the top 3 tv shows with Thrones and Twin Peaks.

2. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Trust me....I have a very low attention span for TV, particularly dislike American stuff, have watched very little of any series or dramas in the last 20 years, wouldn't know what Game of Thrones even was but despite all this I caught a glimpse of the Sopranos in someone's house at some point in season 3 and it's sort of resonated and I started watching it right back from the start and am an unashamed massive fan of the whole thing, it's hard to know where to start when explaining the attraction of it...just amazing stuff

Sean Daleer likes this.
  3. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Does anyone remember a bit where something happens in the strip club and Paulie is disgusted and sorta pushes Tony I think to get his attention and point out the thing thats annoyed/surprised him?

I know its vague as * but was a hilarious bit.

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Been lurking on here for * years and always seem to see you talking about the ending theories :57: love it.

Don't know if I believe it or just want it to be what happened, but I think Tony lived...

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Love it all mate. I've convinced myself of every scenario through the years. :giggle1:

6. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In regards to the ending first watch I thought perhaps Tony lived, the abrupt ending was to show that there is no happy endings and life just simply goes on.

Second watch I kinda figure the obvious...The guy who goes to the toilet shot him, its a nod to gun hidden in the toilet in The Godfather. Tony gets distracted by that front door every time it opens, constantly looking to see who comes in. Had Meadow not messed up her parking manoeuvre she would have been in that little bit sooner and Tony would have noticed the guy come out the toilet door wi a gun instead of Meadow coming in the front door.

Quite liked her big milfy knockers but as soon as she spoke that was it for me. Didnt like her being a cow to the home help and didnt like her need to be centre of attention, glad she gets killed in deep blue sea.

Phil Leotardo was personally my fave, he just didnt * about and knew what he wanted.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye. I think after I watched it I looked at the thread on here and there was a link to a website about the theories. Full on blogs and *. Think it might have been you that posted it :56:

Outstanding show. Easily the Greatest for me. Started watching The Killing and one of the main characters remind me of Tony/Gandolfini so much.

Been tempted to give it another watch through :giggle1:

Sgt Neppers* and Sean Daleer like this.
  8. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Str8 outta the closet :61:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Gotta get this watched again. Absolutely brilliant show.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    I never clicked to this until i was in New York and done the sopranos tour, the tour guide pointed out all these subtle wee winks.

Sgt Neppers* and KRS-1888 like this.
  11. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

We got tickets for it when we were there,ended up not going as didn't want to 'waste' a whole day.Kinda regret it now!

12. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Aw it was worth it, got to sit in tonys stool and get a beer in the bada bing its a real strip club called satin dolls, bought a glass when i was there thats now my pride and joy :giggle1:

Went into the wee cafe from the final episode etc also got to meet the guy that plays vito.

James gandolfini had just died a few months before we done it so was quite bittersweet.

Sgt Neppers*, richardm and KRS-1888 like this.
  13. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It sounds excellent.

If I ever do get back over there it's something I'll just have to find time for!

Jax Teller likes this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I started watching it about 4/5 month ago watched 3 or 4 episodes and it was good but ended up never continuing then i'd need to start again as i've forgot what happened now I canny be arsed.

15. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

20 years today since this blessed our screens.

20 years on....

1FB7C296-2D0C-40B3-ADBC-79D867901F9E.jpeg

16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Mad Chris looks ancient:56:

Watching aw this again, gets better every time :notworthy

Artorias and MagnificentSeven like this.
  17. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

:giggle1: Cannae believe uncle junior is still alive as well.

I’m just about to finish it again then will just go right back to the start :57:

Doogs. likes this.
  18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

* they aw look ancient infact apart fae AJ and Meadow.

19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Ano mate mental :56:

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Tony Soprano's night at the diner in the final scene of The Sopranos - which quickly cut to black - was described by creator David Chase as a 'death scene.'

The revelation came in a new book titled The Sopranos Sessions by entertainment journalists Alan Sepinwall and Matt Zoller Seitz, adding new insights into the controversial end of the acclaimed HBO series, which originally aired June 10, 2007.

In a back and forth exchange in the book, Time reported, Chase was asked about the conclusion of the show's seventh and final season, which saw Tony (played by the late James Gandolfini) dining out with wife Carmela (Edie Falco), and kids Meadow (Jamie-Lynn Sigler) and A.J. (Robert Iler) at New Jersey's Holsten's diner, with added suspense set to Journey's Don’t Stop Believin' as strangers entered the establishment.

[​IMG]

The latest: Tony Soprano's night at the diner in the final scene of The Sopranos - which quickly cut to black - was described by creator David Chase as a 'death scene.' Late actor James Gandolfini is pictured in the final shot of the iconic show

Sepinwall said to Chase: 'When you said there was an end point, you don’t mean Tony at Holsten’s, you just meant, "I think I have two more years" worth of stories left in me.'

Chase responded, 'Yes, I think I had that death scene around two years before the end. I remember talking with [writer/ executive producer] Mitch Burgess about it. But it wasn’t - it was slightly different.'