1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Xperia XZ

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Heb Celt, Jul 23, 2017.

Discuss Sony Xperia XZ in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Heb Celt

Been using Iphones for as long as i can remember and getting pretty bored with them,recent Iphone 6 home button has started playing up and rather than getting it fixed Ive decided to get a new phone.Anyone using a Sony Xperia that can let me know how reliable they are and most importantly how easy they are to use as opposed to an Iphone?

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In the same boat. Considering an s7 edge, but open to suggestions.

All I want is a good camera, good battery and a decent amount of storage.

Sorry for hijacking your thread :fear:

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

I've had to sony Xperias and they lasted about 15 months in total

I like them to start with but I had the same issue with both it wouldn't ring and the lock screen constantly froze

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

My bird had a Sony. The battery was outstanding. Honestly it was like an old school Nokia. Shed charge it every 3rd day ffs. Then the touch screen started playing up but was a problem they never fixed on the original z1.
    Basically all do the same. I just use Twitter and tapatalk and web browser tho. Got an s6 and it does everything I want.

5. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

The XZ is the business under the hood but the phone design itself leaves alot to be desired.

You'll be better off going onto mobiles.co.uk and checking their deals on the Samsung S8 (especially with EE).

6. Heb Celt

No problem mate,im just coming round to getting an S7 Edge too,waterproof like the Xperia which suits my job,supposed to have the best camera,looks the biz.

Twisty likes this.
  7. Heb Celt

Thanks guys,going to go for the S7 Edge as the Sony seems a bit unreliable.:50:

8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    S7 edge on three.

Unlimited calls
    Unlimited texts
    8gd data
    No upfront cost
    £28

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-deals/

That's what I'm going for. Camera is meant to be as good as any and any Samsung I've had has been reliable. Extra tenner gets you the s8. Tried a Sony, lasted about a week and traded it in, don't know if it's the design or layout but couldn't take to it.

Fontaine likes this.
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

In the same boat here, got an iphone 6 but sick of the battery. Looking at the S8 but know a few folk with S7 Edge and S8 who say they are fragile as *, like a 2 foot drop and their screen is * straight away.
    Looking at Iphone 6S as well but I know a year down the line the battery will go to * and end up in same position.

Twisty likes this.
  10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's why I'm changing as well. Battery has been knackered since the update and guy in apple store said the tests are showing it's fine. Need to turn it off every night or it dies/overheats badly.

11. Heb Celt

I'm contract only as like the cheap monthly bills,will get a new S7 on Ebay for around the £300 mark.Sounds like it will need a strong case for it if screens smash that easy,thought iphones were bad enough for that.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Bought the XZ in May - the Premium version just came out if you want brand new high end. Otherwise the XZ itself is perfect.

Loved Sony phones for years now and hate that I sometimes switch. The battery is fantastic compared to most phones, they look smart, run well (they can suffer from general slow down as all phones do after time, but a wee factory reset (backup first) usually helps), and the screen is superb. Would highly recommend going for it bud!

13. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    DONT * DO IT!!! The s7 edge is * and it ain't waterproof. I'm in a battle with carphone warehouse now. 1st 7 edge the screen went common problem. Replaced no questions asked. 2nd (replacement) the mother board died. New board installed. Took in into a pool about 10inches deep for about 5 seconds it's now * and they are telling me it's water damage so tough *. That was 3 s7edges in less than 13 months ffs.
    All the ads and marketing saying the phone has an ip68 rating which I think is 1 1/2 meter in depth for around 30mins they say.
    But the small print in the says it don't work and your warranty will be void if water damaged... Which it will.
    I'm now working my way up the carphone warehouse management to get it sorted.
    All my family Orlando pics, gone, all the other family pics,gone.
    I know the consumer rights act pretty well, so I will win.
    Three weeks now, hours on the phone mostly on hold, 3 visits to carphone warehouse stores.
    And they are just being *.
    Been to the ombudsman who say I've a strong case for the small claims court and that I should also go to trading standards which will be done after I've exhausted the first steps of going up the management chain.
    All in I've been without a phone for six weeks and it's costing me around £40 pm.
    Also the misses has one and her screen keeps freezing for a few seconds but she just puts up with it.
    It's a cracking phone when it works but through mine and others on android forums it's unreliable tbh.
    I've done a lot of research and the best android phones around at the minute seem to be the is the Htc u11 and the lg g6. Both have the same ip68 rating as the 7 edge. I need a water resistant phone as I kayak.
    Had an Xperia z5 which worked in a pool. I just wasn't to fussed on it tbh and can't really say why strangely.
    Either way, what ever phone you get, get an ice 21 cover. Best on the market

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Aye * it am going for the Iphone 6S plus, costs the same as the S8 but the build quality is far better, have had 3 iphones and never smashed one even when its been battered about on nights out.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    IPhone *

:fear::60:;)

16. northeast67

I'm due an upgrade, have the s6edge which has been brilliant to be honest, better camera than the wife's iphone6s and the daughters iPhone 6.
    Much better battery and after 2 years of use it's whole and basically like new unlike there's, im pritty careful and bought the Samsung case for it at the start.
    Due an upgrade but not sure of I will, possibly better just going pay as you go to bring the price down.

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still mulling over the s7 edge or s8, extra fiver a month and 3gb less data but it should be that bit faster and was quoted £180 for a new screen for the s7 edge if it smashed :eek:

18. Seosamh Máirtín

New iPhone on the way out...bad idea to switch now if you're considering one.

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

True might wait for it to come out and the prices will drop since even the 6s plus is about 700 quid just now, the new iphone with good memory on it will cost a fortune.

20. Heb Celt

Well happy with the S7 Edge,just waiting on the bombproof cover for it as don't fancy shelling out £170 for a new screen.Camera on it is top class.Does anyone know if there is another music app instead of Itunes as that has a monthly charge?