1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Some PS5 details officially announced

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Bunk Moreland, Apr 16, 2019.

Discuss Some PS5 details officially announced in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bunk Moreland

Mark Cerny, the lead architect for the PS4 and involved with the development of the "next-gen console" as he calls it has leaked some information on what will more than likely be called the PlayStation 5. Keep in mind this isn't rumour talk and has actually come from someone closely involved.

Some quick points about it:

- It won't be released in 2019

- Will be current PSVR compatible but there may be a new higher spec version in the pipeline.

- Will support 8k gaming

- Will have a solid state drive (SDD) instead of the usual HDD almost eliminating load times.

- Backwards compatible with PS4 games as the architecture is similar.

- CPU based on 3rd generation AMD Ryzen

- GPU based on Radeon Navi tech

The full article can be read here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/amp

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Artorias likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Soulja Boy console will destroy this. :84:

3. Nasser

It sounds good, glad that VR from ps4 will work I just hope they wait a few years for the new upgraded VR. It sounds like all PS games will work so even ps1-ps3 disks will work which is great. I'm hoping the digital games work as well as all my games are digitally downloaded I don't like disks.

4. Bunk Moreland

Some further news about the next generation PS. A Sony representative has confirmed it will not only be backwards compatible but also cross generation compatible. Basically you will be able to play multiplayer games along with PS4 users when you're on PS5. A pretty decent feature especially in the first couple of years when games are still being released on the older console when a lot of your mates haven't bought a PS5 yet.

Fully87 and Raoul Duke like this.