1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Should The Human Race Be Culled??

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Aug 4, 2017.

Discuss Should The Human Race Be Culled?? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I'd persecute white south africans and Hearts fans.

The Prof likes this.
  2. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Culling people is a bit much but to ensure our future as a species we are really going to have to cut down our breeding rate and do it soon.

Many people think most of our rubbish goes in a hole but the sad truth is that a large percentage of it goes in the ocean and the plastics are having a devastating effect on the ocean's wildlife. The same water we pollute hosts a lot of our food. There are now rubbish build-ups in the Pacific that are larger than the island of Great Britain. This is what 7.6 billion humans are doing. Just imagine what 10 billion are going to do to our planet and we are less than 50 years off hitting the 10 billion population mark.

Might not be my generation but in the not too distant future we'll all be fighting each other for food and water. Think about that those of you who have kids in single digit ages. Future wars won't be about oil, they will be for fresh water. Here in Scotland we have some of the best drinking water in the world. We are a major target.

Fully87 and cidermaster like this.
  3. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Vast majority of population growth is in low resource using areas. In other words it would be much easier and more efficient to not be so wasteful than to kill loads of people

Murph-E likes this.
  4. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

I think population control is the only way to save our planet. The woman I work with at weekends is a mother of 6 (x5 dads), when I found this out I said this, half joking, half serious: You're no a family, you're an environmental disaster.

Not long ago I heard about Amnesty International's * and moaning about China's population control: "Chinese woman don't have full reproductive rights and control of their bodies".

What about Mother Earth's rights to not die horrible from mass pollution due to our overpopulation. LOL, 1.3 billion is not enough of a population for Amnesty International.

When we hit 10 billion that's another 2.4 billion more mouths to feed. Billions more cattle producing trillions more greenhouse gas because we need to feed all these extra people. I really do fear for what the world will be like when my niece and nephew grow up. They are 8 and 9. The way medical science is advancing there is a good chance they will both see then next century. I really don't think there will be much left for them.

All large wild mammals will be long gone because their land will have to be farmed for food. This is already happening to apes in Borneo, their jungle is being turned into farming land to grow crops for palm oil. Go Veggie.

5. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    You’re correct with some but still my point stands. Almost every western country (as well as China and India) has a population growth of -1% to 1%. This means every woman has on average 1-2 children in most of these areas and an average of 3 in a few South American countries. If a couple has two kids, that population stays the same, if a couple have 3 kids, it grows by 1 person, this might sound obvious but remember everyone with 0-1 children means a population decline.

Compare Western countries/China/India to African countries for example (which most have growth rates +3%), Many Africa countries use over 100x less resources per capita! In other words the amount of people in the world doesn’t affect our planet near as much as wastefulness, and the countries who are most wasteful have the lowest growth rates.

In the future I could see African populations turning into more consumers but by that time (with modern medicine etc) they will not need such population growth. I have many African friends and the thinking there is they have more kids because their kids are more likely to pass away before adulthood.

A rethinking of the way we use and dispose of resources is a serious problem that needs all of our attention and is hard enough to convince people without getting side tracked by blaming things like overpopulation

trip2themoon likes this.
  6. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

A problem that still exists today for the countries with massive populations like China and India is that they are still in many ways developing countries and don't have the same infrastructure we do. China and India still mostly get their power from coal fired power stations and they don't have the resources to dispose of their waste like we do so the put millions of tonnes into the oceans.

Some of China and India's cities are so polluted that the people are all suffering respiratory problems and have to walk the streets with surgical masks on (think that's more in China). Some of China's acid rain lands as far away from them as California. I honestly believe that going as we are without some huge changes we will not see the next century. WW3 might wipe us all out way before then.

TBH I doubt the powers that be will allow mankind to completely destroy our planet. There will be a cull before it gets that far. Won't be a nuclear holocaust as that will make Earth uninhabitable, I think it will be some sort of virus.

Who will be spared? According to the Georgia Guide Stones we should maintain a population no higher than 500 million. That would mean a 90 to 95 percent cull. Those at the top will still want their comfortable lives so some worker bees will be spared. I work but I don't have a trade so I don't know what use I'd be. I have a mate who's 45 and hasn't worked since he was 22. He's on a high rate of DLA. Would it be people like him wiped out first?

Ghotti Bhoy likes this.
  7. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    The earth is perfectly capable of supporting 10 billion people if we use our resources correctly. The use of GMOs, even though it is controversial right now, would also be instrumental in feeding a large population like that, assuming we begin to warm up to the idea of more synthetic food (which I don’t care for the idea btw).

A culling such as you’re talking about is more conspiracy than reality though. At the end of the day, the more people there are the more money you can make off of them so the “world elites” would be losing customers. Suppose it could be followed by a political take over/NWO type situation but that’s not really what this thread is about !

8. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

I don't know, I think 10 billion is far too many people for the Earth to cope. Right now one third of the population gorges whilst two thirds starve. Our * for beef is the biggest contributor of greenhouse gasses. Imagine how much more cattle we'll need to feed another 2.4 billion, not to mention the massive deforestation to create grazing land for the extra cattle.

I've heard that ready cooked burgers in McDonalds have a shelf live of 20 minutes, this means a crazy amount of cattle is slaughtered for nothing. I'm not vegetarian but I do think it's horrible to slaughter an animal only to bin its meat. I think a complete ban on ready made burgers would be a good small step in the right direction, start reducing wasted meat. With a George Foreman grill you can cook a burger both sides in 5 minutes. Surely people can wait 5 minutes for a burger. I personally would much rather have my burger freshly cooked any way. When you buy it of the heated shelf behind the tills you don't really know how long it's been there.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    You’re exactly right which was my point, we can sustain 10 billion people easily if we do away with beef and replace them with snail farms:50:

Lilac Wine and trip2themoon like this.
  10. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

Whelks are also a great alternative source of protein, with little to no pollution. As far as I know they actually draw carbon out the atmosphere to create their shells.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Lilac Wine and Ghotti Bhoy like this.
  11. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Yes and we should start with the Tory party ...."

12. scootz

Nature isn't stupid - it'll work out a way to cleanse the planet of its most voracious parasite.

A global pandemic will be its most likely agent - medical experts only have to be caught napping the once, and our airports will do the rest.

Lilac Wine, jamesfr and cidermaster like this.
  13. jamesfr

Should be a test to see if you are fit to bring kids Into the world both for men and women and there should be a limit to how many you have.

14. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We better get our arses in gear and start building a wall, in the not to distant future 50 to 60 million thirsty and dehydrated English are gonnae be marching North. And trust me, they wont share or be nice, there coming to take.

Lilac Wine and Liam Scales like this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Cancer... does it for mother nature.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

16. M 67

Careful, I said something similar in the unpopular opinion thread and got pelters :fear:

17. dmccourt95

Earth will reach its tipping point and * us all up

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You never fail to hit the funny bone Cider :56:

I've not read the thread yet, I'm sure there's some interesting posts but I'd be very very surprised if there's one serious vote for yes cause who would decide? You!!! After a short interview with you any * that wasn't pishing themselves should be put on the cargo boat going to Australia. Would have to pick somewhere big enough and mostly empty and far enough away from everyone else. But who would push the red button? You!!! Well you did pick them :83:

Nah seriously, it's funny, it's like nature is pre programmed with mass extinction events to preserve the life cycle. It's not going to be long before nature culls us because Global Warming is going to cause mass hunger but it's the disruption of drinking water supplies that will cause people to go mad within days and then nuclear war because countries will be fighting over water sources. That is a fact. And it was us who caused it and the variety of life on earth can flourish once again. I think we've already caused the extinctions of 1000s of species due to our parasitical nature of consumerism. Even if we didn't do that, our exponential birth rate would eventually overwhelm the earths ability to feed us all. We broke the natural cycle of life and the earth is just going to repair it again.

Basically we are some of the last humans on earth. Probably 100 years left at the very most.

I think we should be offered pills when the food shortage kicks in so we have a choice whether to suffer or just fall asleep.

cidermaster likes this.
  19. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    An excellent Post kind sir:50:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wow thank you very much Cidermaster, that's a very nice thing to say and quite the compliment coming from you, the master of excellent posts :60:

cidermaster likes this.