1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shearer

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BTG, Aug 9, 2004.

Discuss Shearer in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    After all of the recent speculation linking him with a move to Celtic, do we actually need him? Theres no doubt he is a great player, but he'd be with us for one season and also we'd have to fork out around £5 million for him.. We have too many strikers of Shearers kind, Sutton and Hartson are exactly the same - they base their game on strength and their main job is to hold up the ball or flick on balls for the other ( smaller, quicker) striker.

For that type of money I was thinking, if we're going to splash big cash on a player why not make it Bellamy? Not too sure whether he's going to be a regular in the Newcastle side this season due to the arrival of Kluivert and IMO Bellamy is just what we need, a great finisher with BAGS of pace.

I really would love to see MON make a move for him, as i've seen him more than most I can definetley say that he would make a great addition to the team.

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

don't think shearer will be coming to CP but if were willing to spend 5 mill it's good news and hope it can be spent on someone else.