1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaun Maloney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Lord Gaga, Apr 20, 2013.

Discuss Shaun Maloney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sound like cidermasters dancing onions.:67:

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC No2. Chris Davies has confirmed the club are still in talks with former player Shaun Maloney over a coaching role.

The 34-year-old began his career at Parkhead, making over 150 appearances for the champions during two spells.

However the ex-Chicago Fire winger is expected to announce his retirement from playing after a proposed move to Aberdeen fell through due to injury.

And Davies admits negotiations are still on-going with the Scotland international over a possible a return to Parkhead.

He said: “I can’t give you anything definitive – it’s something the club are looking at.”

“I’ve met him once or twice, and been really impressed with him as a character and his thoughts on the game.

“He brings a lot of experience as a player and his Celtic connections as well. I think he would fit in really well if it were to happen.

“Any player that’s been involved at a club as a player, especially if they’ve come through the academy, it gives them a good empathy for the players in that academy.”

Maloney left English Championship side Hull City at the end of the season after his contract expired.

3. HNTB67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
  4. Neale Bisset

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Great to see him back at the club, he has a lot to offer the young bhoys