Sharp Objects (HBO)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Conlon, Jul 9, 2018.

Discuss Sharp Objects (HBO) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    New limited series on HBO, Just watched the first episode, it has started off well. Decent cast from what I've seen.

"Sharp Objects (2018)

Jessica Silva
    Fresh from a brief stay at a psych hospital, reporter Camille Preaker faces a troubling assignment: she must return to her tiny hometown to cover the murders of two preteen girls. For years, Camille has hardly spoken to her neurotic, hypochondriac mother or to the half-sister she barely knows: a beautiful 13 year old with an eerie grip on the town. Now, installed in her old bedroom in her family's Victorian mansion, Camille finds herself identifying with the young victms - a bit too strongly. Dogged by her own demons, she must unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past if she wants to get the story - and survive this homecoming."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2649356/plotsummary?item=ps2667511[​IMG]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. D'Ecosse

This show is certainly 'different' - bit odd at times but definitely worth the investment
    Episode from last night, the penultimate one before finale was really excellent!
    I don't think this is spoiler but it had one of those moments where you're going "NOOOOO!!!! Don't do it!!!!!!!! ........."
    :D
    Looking forward to the finale

3. D'Ecosse

Wow - the twist at the end - almost a 'prologue' - was brilliant - absolutely did not see it coming and yet it 'fit' so perfectly.

I just read a review that panned the series overall - have to say, completely disagree with that reviewer.
    It was, as I said in my earlier post, definitely 'different' but those differences were a positive thing - kept you wondering throughout (and especially a * regarding Camille - none-more-so than the episode I referred above) but all the flashbacks and weirdness all finally clicks at the end.
    I hadn't realized till that review however, the series was based on the novel of same name by Gillian Flynn - of 'Gone Girl' fame - I really wish I had read that book, but of course spoiled now having watched the movie and the 'whodunnit' already revealed.

For me, very good drama - watch it!

Conlon likes this.
  4. Sonic Reducer Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I’ll give this a bump.
    Finished it last night and enjoyed the whole series.
    So if anybody is looking for a new series to watch this one is worth it.

It kinda had a feel of the first ‘True detective ‘ for me.

Conlon likes this.