1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye that's fair enough..

He should be on the bench at home to the likes of St Mirren when we've no striker on it and the likes of Mikey aren't fit. So should Shved..

Xatraps and jocksteinupper like this.
  2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

thing is mate i've been critical of the guy going into hiding for a while but i just can't argue with his goals return. He's been there, done it and for me i have more confidecne in doing a job up there if required rather than experiments. Not a time for that at the moment imo.

Whoflungdung and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    My feelings on him have been clear on here and he's practically done in Lenny's eye's..

That said he could still come in and do a job now and again. He does score goals.....as much as his overall play winds me up..

Elyounoussi and Mikey are definite upgrades in how they play compared to the Sinclair of now though. Take up great positions. Positive. Confident. Have more quality outside the box. Linking up etc and working the full back..

jocksteinupper likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As I said before apparently he has a massive appearance bonus and goal scoring bonus! If true on top of his reported £28k a week it could be the reason and as we have all said since the English window closed we * up giving him that additional 12 months but like Celtic did I was sure we would get an acceptable bid in the summer and we did apparently from Derby but something changed.

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    If last night has opened Lennons eyes to properly managing Browns games then in future Christie should be moving back the park a wee bit more often to where he was playing this time last year.
    Ofcourse the situation will realistically not arise but in isolation the idea of Morgan filling in ahead of Sinclair at striker is absurd

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m happy with Christie anywhere at the moment tbh.

Sinclair filling in at striker is absurb to me as well, he utterly failed at it when he was at his best with us under Brendan and Paddy ended up doing it instead.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's poor the way this has ended.

Xatraps likes this.
  8. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The manager made a rod for Sinclair’s back before Elyounoussi came in which is very telling.

You could even say that the omission of Sinclair from the whole squad in favour of Lewis Morgan against Cluj could have been a possible factor in not qualifying for the CL.

Sinclair with all the space on the left against Cluj away could have resulted in a different story.

Very bizzare for a player who has given us so much.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If you remember correctly he was pulled off the flight before it roomful for Cluj as we accepted a bid from an English team

10. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    If this was the case, then that is even more problematic!

Going into CL qualifying with Morgan as your only fit left winger and letting Sinclair go is bad.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    People forget he was absolutely * horrendous pre-season and didn’t deserve a place in the team.

Lennon’s got every single person bursting their gut for him. Setting the precedent that that there’s certain players that don’t need to that early on would be a horrendous misstep.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's unfortunate the way things have worked out but Lennon's loyalties lie firstly Celtic, not to Scott Sinclair. We're currently top of the league, top of our Europa group and are scoring plenty of goals, so Lennon is doing his job.

The decision to renew Sincy's deal would not have been down to Lennon, it is clear from his omissions in the squad late last season and Lennon giving him the armband for the last home league game thinking it would be his farewell. The extension has backfired and cost us financially but there's no way we should just pay up his deal and let him stroll off into the distance, teams may come in for him in January and he could yet still have a part to play in our season.

StPauli1916, Liam Scales and pop47 like this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    As long as Lenny get's the results, i'm not overly bothered about the personnel, i think it was clear from the outset that Sinclair wasn't going to be in his plans, it's a pity for him but a winning team is all that matters, we have to trust Lenny's judgement.

Seán Mac D and TheHappyLoss like this.
  14. TheHappyLoss

Kinda agree but Morgan should not be an option before Sinclair

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Aye canny understand Lenny's thinking on that one tbh, maybe he see's more from him in training i don't know, but i think the vast majority of supporters would have Sinky ahead of Morgan in the pecking order.

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Since when did we start freezing players out or sell based on pre-season? I’m much more concerned about what’s done in competitive games and Sinclair has plenty to show for that. This is especially the case in the CL qualifiers.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You mean all the good work he done under Lenny last season competitively that got him dropped?

Then the continuation of that form in pre-season, really not bothering his * to fit into the new style and management?

Aye, you’re right, we should continue picking players based on their form 3 years ago.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Disappointed he's not getting a look in at all but we're still getting results so the only concern is the high wages he's on, for not playing.

19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    I mean all the good work that has made him 4th top goalscorer in the 8IAR era. That wasn’t all done 3 years ago I’m sure...

He has consistently scored and assisted in Europe including last seasons qualifiers and EL + this seasons CL Qualifiers, yet you think it would be okay going into those games with Johnstone (untested at that level) and Lewis Morgan? This all came months before Elyonoussi was even an option to sign.

Also, I’m not sure you can say he “wasn’t bothering his *.” You’ll probably need to evidence that..

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    What was his record under the current management last season? Mikey Johnstone was one of our best players pre-season and forced himself into the team. If that was beyond Scott Sinclair then that’s on him.