1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

probably just a dead leg. and being cotton-wooled from WGS

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Brown, who last night described Gordon Strachan’s departure as Scotlandmanager as “sad”, appears set to retire from international football for the second time in little over a year.

The SFA announced yesterday that they had agreed with Strachan that the national team will be led by a new head coach in their Euro 2020 qualifying.

The 60-year-old’s side were pipped to a Russia 2018 play-off spot on goal difference by Slovakia when they drew 2-2 with Slovenia in Ljubljana on Sunday.

Brown, who came out of international retirement to play against England at Wembley last November, took to the social media website Instagram to express his disappointment at the turn of events.

He wrote: “Sad, sad, sad. We all had faith in Gordon and believed in making the Euros. 14 points out of 18 in 2017. Momentum on our side.”

Strachan has been a mentor to the midfielder, who missed the final Russia 2018 double head-er due to injury, since signing him for Celtic back in 2007.

It remains to be seen if the 55-times capped player will make himself available for selection when the Euro 2020 campaign gets underway in March 2019 when he will almost be 34.

Brown has enjoyed improved form since taking a break from the game last summer and Brendan Rodgers, his club manager, has stressed to him that he needs to put himself first in order to prolong his career.

“Scott only wants what’s best for Scotland but he also has to have a look out for himself,” he said earlier this year. “He’s at that stage now where he has to look after himself. I’m sure he’ll make the decision in time.”

In a statement on the SFA website, Strachan thanked the players who he had worked with during his four and a half years in charge of his country.

“I said on my first day as Scotland manager that it was the proudest moment of my career and that I wanted to put a smile back on the nation’s face again,” he said. “I share the profound disappointment at missing out on the play-offs, especially having worked so hard to fight our way back into contention.

“The players should receive immense credit for that resilience in coming back from a difficult start and I would like to thank each and every player who has come in to represent their country. Together we have shared some really magical moments and those memories will live with me for ever.

“Of course, what made those moments special was the unwavering support of our fans. Through highs and lows you have stayed with the team and my biggest regret is not being able to provide the finals tournament you deserve.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on having @ScottBrown8 & @StuArmstrong16 back in contention: “It’s a huge boost for us. Both players have different qualities."

BR: "Broony has those real leadership qualities. In my time here, in the big games, he has performed

BR: "He is a big game player & he will impose his way of playing and working and that is always a big inspiration for the team."

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    only thing he won last night was the coin toss

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought his comment after the game were slightly embarrassing, can't see players of Bayern's calibre being phased by playing at Celtic Park..

The players need to do the business first and foremost.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

10. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Very poor for his high standards last night. Rushed back too soon perhaps?

11. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

wasn't 100% match fit. however got awesome pass stats last night and loved his war face before the game.

Sydneysider likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Truth is a war face doesn't bother teams like Bayern neither will the atmosphere at Celtic Park, truth is he wasn't at the races last night but tbh the quality he was against was just too good.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    One of the only guys in our midfield who was picking up there movement, the amount of interceptions he made last was unreal, kept the ball very well as well. He performed well, he was just outclassed

neilly1987, Sydneysider and GavCFC1 like this.
  14. Sydneysider

I didn't think he was.

Hacked by Muller after 3 mins. Let down by one or two teammates, just outnumbered for the rest of the game.

Ewang83 likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don't think he was fully fit but thought the game bypassed him, I may watch the game again but don't remember him making many interceptions tbh.. but we do take for granted sometimes in what he brings on nights like this and really miss him when he's no there..

Outclassed is good description..

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Ive been critical of Brown in the CL in the past but I felt like he did well last night. Never gave up in a game where we were being overrun and could be seen continuing to chase everything in the latter stages of the game. Kept his dicipline also.
    Credit where due.

Sydneysider and neilly1987 like this.
  17. TimFloyd Gold Member

Browns problem last night was Armstrong and Ntcham..

He was effectively a one man midfield last night having to do everyone’s job for them.

Sydneysider likes this.
  18. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He wasn't fully fit last night I'd have started Eboue and kept him back for Saturday

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Played a good game last night. Running around like a 25 year old. Just one of those nights we have to accept.

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. SeanBhoy7

One of our better performers last night, thought he was badly let down by Armstrong and Ntcham.

Sydneysider likes this.