1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Thought he looked tired in that second half,despite his showboating at the end..

McGregor didn't help in the slightest when they were taking turns with 2, sometimes 3 trying to outmuscle him..

Was good in part's but uncharacteristically slack in part's second half..

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Like a lot of the team i thought he looked a bit jaded, nice bit of skill at the end :84:

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His passing was pish. It's been fairly slack for a while now. Gives it away too cheaply.

4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just noticed than when we defend the League Cup next season Scott Brown will be suspended for the first match which is carried over from the final this season.

5. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Other than the goals, that was the only thing that got a cheer out of me. :56:

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. LloydsGamble

Thought he played well tbh, looks a bit tired like quite a few players. Put in a shift together with Armstrong to drag us through that game.

8. Swervedancer Guest

I thought he played alright too. I do agree with folk saying he looked tired like a lot of the team. What I think Broony's problem surely is, when he gives the ball away it's such an unusual occurrence and therefore he gets more hassle than other players for it. Hate to keep bringing it up but best passing stats in the CL Group stages. 96% and it was a lot of passes too, something like 80 odds? So when a guy like that gives the ball away it gets noticed.

It was very funny him showing off his skills near the end of the game.

Ffs McGuire you're getting into McGregor as well, poor guy is getting some abuse for that game. I didn't notice he was that bad. Was good to see him starting but I think he's far more effective coming on the second half.

What I did miss about Brown, and Boyata did see, was there was room in the middle for us to exploit. I kept wondering how on earth are Dundee putting 3 players on Forrest/Roberts and Tierney/Sinclair. Cause they were leaving space elsewhere. Broony is usually the first guy charging through the middle trying to create something for the forwards. I don't remember him breaking their ranks yesterday with the ambition he usually shows. The international break can't come quick enough. Wish he didn't decide to return.

Still giving him pass marks for that game but I'm bias as he is my favourite player.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He's not played the sitting role for a few months since Bitton was in for that time so he was too slow and too many touches which slowed our game down, looks like he needs a rest as well. Thing I was most worried about yesterday that he never controlled the game in the last 20, giving it away constantly or creating the space in the middle to get us forward. As I say though it's not a position he has played in a few months.

Swervedancer likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly didn't notice him giving the ball away constantly but thought he was turning into trouble quite a lot, which was a bit strange because there was a lot of room through the middle. We all need to realise if they wings are being pressed and we are being covered there is space elsewhere. Can't afford to be one dimensional, which we haven't been most of the season but it's creeped in a bit lately.

Swervedancer likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    They were all over him and he'd turn away and bang, another 2 in Hately/McGowan were at him again..

I don't wanna just single one out but McGregor has to help out in the middle when they are trying to outnumber us. Armstrong can't be everywhere..

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Usually one of the best things bout McGregor but even Armstrong wasn't there yesterday. The man who was usually available was Lustig. It was like we were trying to overplay it to the wings at times and that's where all their defensive efforts were focused. Can't wait till Rogic is back, he'd destroy teams with that amount of space in behind the striker.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    In that second half when they were clearly all over the place and we were breaking with acres of space, Rogic would genuinely of murdered them..

Pitch was very tight and a nightmare first half..

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Teams will start setting up like St Mirren, Rangers and Dundee have over the last few games.

Boyata gets left with the ball, because the opponent know he's not comfortable bringing it out of defence, and they just match us up in midfield man for man.
    Bitton wasn't doing enough to start attacks. Brown was trying, but as you say, every time he came deep to get the ball, one of the Dundee midfielders were following him. A lot of the time, Brown was spinning away, but because Dundee were so disciplined, it often meant Brown was forced to pass backwards and the sequence would start again.

One of the solutions to this would be to drop Boyata. Erik and Jozo are both better and more confident on the ball than Boyata, and if teams were to give either of them that time and space, it could probably help us.
    Another option might be to go to a more obvious back 3. We've done it at times when Lustig tucks in and Tierney goes higher, but if Boyata played in between Jozo and Lustig, for example, it might give him more options when he has the ball.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Thought he was poor tonight..

Passing was way off and he was giving a few daft fouls away..

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He never plays as well for Scotland as he does for us. Well, maybe the odd time but certainly not on a regular basis.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Disagree with that. He's been excellent for Scotland in loads of game's..

He should've walked away completely though. Talks about how great breaks are but 2 week's off would've done him the world of good..

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just don't see it mate. Seems a lot more wasteful on the ball with Scotland. But then again, he's playing alongside worse players so it'll affect him as well.

Aye I wish he'd chuck it.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I can mind people on here always used to ask why he doesn't produce Scotland type performances for us :56:

Just Kieran likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Maybe my memory is deceiving me:56: