1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I watch Scott Brown play for Celtic every week, same as you do. I never said it's the biggest problem, once again, YOU think I did, because I have a different opinion and you jumped to conclusions, incorrectly. I provided this Reddit thread because it contained data I wasn't aware of and it was a good read. If anyone who's embarrasing it's you with your conclusions and stating that this thread was a long way in saying that he's legs are gone which is bullshit because there is far more in it. I guess it's just the way you are.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Broonie isn’t the issue, but it is too much to ask him to play every game..

Like some others too, we need to rotate the squad much more..

A CB to rotate Jullien and Ajer, RW for Forrest, ST for Edouard and a ball winner for Broonie..

Do that this window and we’re laughing.

3. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Brown has been great this season. I'd like to try a stronger player beside him though in the bigger games, so I'd love to sign a Wanyama type. McGregor could take that number 10 role again.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Do you watch him live or on TV? Because there is quite a difference imo. And you posted a year old thread on Reddit to try and back up your own argument that was pretty obvious. You also don’t know me so do not assume anything about me ok.

5. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    The thread is 10h old... I watch him on TV and I agree, it's different but it's enough to see a lot. Ok, I won't but try the same with me.

6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just need to manage his game time better

buchanbhoy, Rydo1888* and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It’s nowhere near the same as you are only seeing what the camera shows you, and the thread you posted basically says “Is Scott Brown a problem” but there’s no agenda. I will repeat he has been one of our best players this season so far, yes he needs rotated more but no Scott Brown is not a problem, no matter what pishy data some throbber on reddit has posted.

8. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Alright and that's totally cool. I never said he is but I definetely think the team would be better with him playing less and Ntcham more and that's literally it. There was no need for all these conclusions and all. :50:

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

This is the thread he means

A load of waffle and selective statistics to try prove his incorrect stance. Brown wasn't the reason we lost on Sunday, infact he was one of few players who merited a pass in my opinion.

I don't disagree that we should have more choice in the CM positions so that he can have an occasional rest but that's a long way from trying to argue he's declining and affecting our performances. Had Ntcham played in all those games instead of Brown, there's not a chance we'd be top of league, won the League Cup and topped our Europa League Group. Ntcham's performance levels are nowhere near as consistent as Brown's, they go up and down likes a hoors drawers; fantastic one week, atrocious the next.

I'd actually argue this season is probably some of his best performances we've ever seen. v Lazio twice it was a masterclass of when to press and when to sit and not allow them to play it round you.

10. Bonobhoy

Broony was the only one with pass marks in my opinion last week...and that was him with his age and also getting overrun with another 2/3 around him....he still outshone everyone in our team.

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Was fighting in there himself at times yet some people still had a go at him.

12. mayo

This king finishing the decade like he started it, running Scottish football :34:

13. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It'll be the fans who were wrong about him in the past who are too proud to admit they were wrong.

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Must be close to a suspension, seems to pick up a booking every game???

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Every 4.5 games

4 yellows in the league
    4 in Europe

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    That was the problem. He wasn't in there himself but it certainly felt like it at times because it was a battle of 2 vs 3 and our other midfielder is a natural attacker.

The days are gone we can go into a hun game with 2 in the middle and 4 upfront. Browns aging only adds to this.

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It certainly didn’t help McGregor covering Bolingoli numerous times either, the system needs changed for the next game against them because Brown is definitely being asked to do too much.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Rydo1888*, Metrobhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC captain Scott Brown believes VAR is “killing the game” despite growing pleas for its introduction to Scottish football.

Rangers called for VAR after their 2-1 Ladbrokes Premiership win over the Hoops at Parkhead at the end of 2019, with Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes adding his voice to the clamour at the weekend.

As the debate continues about VAR amid ongoing controversy over its use in England, the Scottish Football Association is planning to ask member clubs to vote on the potential implementation of the system.

Speaking to Sky Sports at Celtic’s training camp in Dubai, Brown said: “It’s killing the game, it’s killing the celebrations.

You score a goal and you slowly walk back, you can’t go and celebrate and have that fun with the fans.

“Obviously we want the decisions to be right but it is the millimetres 20 seconds beforehand; is it a free-kick, is it a foul?

“It is killing the passion. As soon as a goal is scored the first thing I see is people looking up (at the screen) and hoping no-one has done anything in the last 20 seconds.

“It is killing the momentum. You have that momentum, you want to go pressing again but you sit for two or three minutes until someone upstairs makes a decision.”

Meanwhile, Brown claims Ryan Christie’s two-match ban for grabbing Alfredo Morelos in the Old Firm derby is “laughable”.

The Celtic midfielder escaped with only a free-kick against him after catching the Rangers striker in the groin area with his hand but he was subsequently charged with violent conduct by the Scottish Football Association and a fast-track tribunal found him guilty on Monday.

The ban triggers an extra one-match suspension because it is Christie’s second red-card offence of the season.

Celtic later issued a statement accusing the Scottish Football Association of a “worrying lack of consistency.”

Brown said: “Now you’re going to have to watch where you put your hands when you tackle people, like with penalties now, you’ll have to have your hands behind you.

We don’t want everyone phoning up the SFA and people getting pulled up.

“We need that consistency and the club have done the right thing by sticking up for Ryan because we all think it’s laughable.”

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Exactly. In my opinion he was the only Celtic player that put in a good performance. His experience and quality was clear to see, its a pity the rest of the Celtic players couldnt rise to his standard.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.