1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Struggled for first 10 mins then pumped himself up and dominated, much more like it! Never wanted a player to prove me wrong everyone wrong as much as Brown, never ever gives up.

3. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Immense today , when kamara was subbed i had forgotten he was playing, did he touch the ball , bossed aribo as well , thought calmac was brilliant in midfield as well

Rydo1888* likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Brown said Celtic’s Glasgow derby win was a great performance and revealed he and his team-mates arrived at Ibrox not only determined to win, but to show their quality. Neil Lennon’s team recorded a memorable victory against Rangers in a thrilling 2-0 win which extends their 100% winning start to the new Premiership campaign.

Scott Brown was instrumental in Celtic’s display but the Hoops captain only had praise for how his team-mates' contribution throughout the 90 minutes.

“It was a great performance from the lads,” said Brown. “We defended really well, we came here, knew our jobs, knew what we had to do and we delivered on the park.

“The motivation for us week-in-week-out is our fans wanting us to win whether we’re at home or away. There’s a lot of pressure on us all the time and, for us, this is another game and we need to make sure we win it.

“I enjoy playing football, I play with a smile on my face and whether I’m on the pitch or the bench, as long as this team wins, that’s the main thing. It’s not about me individually. It’s about this team collectively.

“It’s hard to come here and play and press in the way we do. The new boys are all playing catch-up with that and now they're starting to understand how we play, how we dictate the game and press high up the park. Now they’ve got that. I think we defended really well and for us to come here and keep a clean sheet is great.”

Celtic’s playing style saw the champion’s dominate their opponents throughout the game and Brown revealed that was down to Neil Lennon’s tactical approach to the fixture.

“The manager wanted us to play a bit higher up the park and not take the chances at the back," he said. "We let an early goal in last time so we learned from our lessons. It’s about coming here and showing you’ve got the quality. It’s always hard going away from home, we need to defend and catch teams on the counter-attack. We have pace everywhere, Jonny comes on and Mikey goes off and we have pace there. James has pace on the right as well.

“For the young ones to come through and win away from home is what this club is about. It’s about bringing the young ones through and showing their talent in the big games. We need to recover, make sure everyone is okay and go again. We have a huge season of 60-odd games and it’s about winning as many of them as we can.”

5. dmccourt95

Scott brown’s had more comebacks than the undertaker

Murph-E and Jeannie960 like this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    MOTM for me.

Lilac Wine and Jeannie960 like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Murph-E

* great today, his best game of the season.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Was the first negative thing I found and didnt want to scroll anymore :56:

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Calling it now we will never have another captain quite like him :49:

12. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Irreplaceable :34:

Jeannie960 likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

WRITTEN off beforehand — left, right and centre.

Confronted by plenty of words telling them Rangers were about to start the process of stopping nine in a row by achieving the first back-to-back derby wins for a decade.

Yet instead Celtic captain Scott Brown emerged from the venue where he’s hated most with another stunning storyline of triumph.

And ill-concealed glee at sticking it up those who never rated his chances — or his team’s chances — of grabbing all three points.

Those who had predicted a Rangers victory really should’ve known better.

At 34, and one of only two surviving Hoops stars to have won all eight previous titles, Brown produced a memorable script of his own.

Trying hard not to appear smug, the Celts’ veteran scanned the press room and said: “To be fair, I don’t read anything you guys write anyway.

“It’s not because of what you write, but just because I CAN’T read!

“I keep ticking over, I’ll keep going as long as I can.

“I enjoy playing football, I like to play with a smile on my face.

“For me, whether I play or whether I’m on the bench, the main thing is whether the team wins.

“It’s not about me individually, it’s about the team collectively.”

This was a victorious Celtic side with three derby debutants at the back then a fourth with Moritz Bauer coming off the bench late on.

And not even on the bench — for injury or selection reasons — were Jozo Simunovic, Kristoffer Ajer, Tom Rogic and Scott Sinclair.

Leigh Griffiths kept his subs’ bib on, too, so this was an extremely powerful statement from Celtic.

And it was timed perfectly to shatter Rangers just when they looked to be growing strong thanks to fine results and performances on the home and European fronts.

A proper ‘get it up ye’ win to silence the 49,000 Light Blues hordes who had turned up expecting the champions to be destroyed.

But Broony — an inspirational leader all over the Ibrox pitch — tried to play down the psychological significance of inflicting such a mighty blow on their bitter rivals at this stage of the campaign.

He said: “It was a tremendous performance from the lads. We defended really well.

“We came here and knew our jobs, knew what we had to do, and we delivered on the park. The motivation for us is that our fans want us to win week-in, week-out whether we’re at home or away.

“So there’s pressure on us all the time. For us, it’s just another game.

“We’ve got to make sure we win it, we get the three points and it was a good performance as well

That’s what we managed to do and Jonny Hayes somehow managed to get a goal, too.

“It’s different circumstances to what happened here before.

“The manager wanted us to play a bit higher up the park and not take too many chances at the back.

“We let in an early goal in the last game, so we learned our lessons. For me, it’s about coming here and just showing you’ve got that quality.

“Going away from home it’s always hard, you have to defend but we can catch teams on the counter as well.

“We have pace everywhere. Mikey Johnston goes off and Jonny Hayes comes on and we’ve got James Forrest on the right, so it’s great.

“For the young ones coming through, to win away from home, that’s what this club is all about.

“It’s about bringing young players through and showing their talent in these big games. Yet again, they have done that.

“It’s far too early to say anything else about this win. For me, it’s all about recovering and making sure we are ready to go again.

“We’ve got a long season ahead. It’s about 60-odd games for us, so it’s about winning as many of them as we possibly can.”

The Celtic fans, of course, have already got the chapters done up for Nine and Ten.

And Brown paid tribute to boss Neil Lennon along with the new Bhoys — Christopher Jullien, Boli Bolingoli, Hatem Elhamed and Bauer — for how well they adapted to the derby.

On the manager dealing with any criticism and the usual Ibrox abuse, he said: “He doesn’t really bother, his skin is pretty thick that way.

“As long as we’re all together in the changing room and on the pitch, that’s all that counts for us.

“It’s hard to come to Celtic when you see the way we press and the way we play, it’s maybe difficult for them to understand that.

“They’re all catching up and they now understand the way we play.

“We dictate the game. We press high up the park and, now they’ve got that, they defended really well.

“For us to come here and get a clean sheet was great.”

bkk bhoy likes this.
  14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Oi, Craig Gordon, listen to your captain!!! You might learn a thing or two

:party048:

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Legend :62:

bagforlife likes this.
  16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Played well also played very well in the AIK games, especially at home.

Just has the knack for interceting and winning the ball in there and then when on form keeps it really well, needs managed better this season though should only start half the home games at best to keep him fresh for away games and Europe.

Pity we never went 2-0 up earlier as he relishes these occasions when the points are secure with time to spare, would liked to have seen him goading dafties like Morelos, Jones, Arfield for half an hour milking * out of it.

bkk bhoy likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think it's fair to say Broony and the lads were well up for it today. :84:

bagforlife and Jeannie960 like this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Strolled it

20. murphy88

He broke things up well. He didn't use the ball well though in my opinion. Won the battle in the middle of the park however which was where the game was going to be won and lost I felt.