1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Brown is da man.

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

@og1

3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
  4. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Fantastic today

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No he wasn’t.

Worst passing performance I’ve ever seen from him. 5 yard passes to nobody. He did go win it back a couple of times after making a mistake though.

Can’t be perfect every game Broony.

6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I'm fed up saying this but this team has went through a lot this season with loads of injuries to key players, dodgy decisions and the departure of BR and almost all of his staff so close to the finish line. They're most likely knackered and the pressure of the triple treble weighs heavily on them. Scott Brown has been incredible at times and even when he has a bad game you can be sure he was still in about the opposition and trying. Even NL is under this pressure even though he's only back in the door. He just can't win if you will pardon the pun. If he loses he's not the man for the job even though it's not his team or style of play. If he gets stuck in trying to introduce his own style of play at this late stage in the game he risks losing the title. It's on his shoulders albeit he isn't entirely responsible for having brought them so far. If we win everyone will think of it as Brendan Rodgers triple treble and he will get the kudos for it unfair as that is. Lenny is in an unenviable position in that if he loses the title he will be seen as the manager who blew it. Folks wont be sitting down discussing a fair analysis of how it happened they will just be saying he wasn't up to the job.

The team, as a whole, seem to be uninspiring and running on empty so let's get behind them and push them to the finishing line.

7. Murph-E

Yeah, I thought he was fine bar one pass where he looked up and passed it straight to them.

He's been good all season tbh. Our problem right now is, for some reason, we've been turned into a team that constantly whack crosses into the box when that doesn't suit the players we have. Brown isn't even on the list of issues over the last couple of months.

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well done Broony

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Broony looks cool as *. :34:

Lilac Wine, Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Looks good here, always looks better to see it on a player.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Top is lovely.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT BROWN has defended his controversial Old Firm celebrations that saw him hauled in front of the SFA.

Celtic skipper Brown insisted he did NOTHING wrong and has no idea why he was charged.

Brown hit out: “Somebody elbowed me in the face and I walked away from it.

“Somebody punched me in the face and I walked away from it. If I was a hooligan I’d have started a brawl in the middle of the pitch.

But I just walked away from it all. I didn’t want to get myself booked or suspended. I think I acted quite well on the day.”

Brown was carpeted for celebrating in front of the Rangers fans after the 2-1 victory at Parkhead in March.

Gers ace Andy Halliday sparked a rammy when he reacted furiously and squared up to Broony, who had earlier been targeted by Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent.

Brown was cited for ‘failing to act in the best interest of Scottish football’, but was cleared by a Hampden panel.

Now he has broken his silence on the incident, and insisted all he did was celebrate the way Rangers stars did when they won the previous derby clash at Ibrox.

Brown added: “I had to ask the lawyer what the charge was! I still don’t know.

“But the SFA were happy enough when we looked at the footage that I didn’t do anything wrong or overstep the mark.

“I walked away. I got smacked in the face and punched, and I stood up and walked away from where it was all going on.

Somebody is usually looking to blame me, so I made sure I stayed well clear of it all.

“I had people jumping over me at Ibrox the last time, but I took it on the chin, I walked away.

“Each to their own, they did well when they beat us last December.

“But when they celebrated that day I just walked off before they came down the tunnel, celebrating and shouting.

“We all respected they were celebrating and they wanted to enjoy themselves. I just walked into the changing rooms.

“Rangers had caught up with us on points, although we had a game in hand. When we won at our place, and went 11 points clear, they obviously didn’t like the way we were celebrating.

“If you give it out you should take it.

“That’s the way I’ve lived my life and career so far, and when I do get the highs I enjoy them, and I celebrate with my fans and team-mates.”

Brown insists he shrugs off criticism, and reckons it only proves he’s doing something right.

Broony said: “If people hate me it puts a smile on my face. It must mean I’m either playing well or I’m noising somebody up in the wrong way.

“I don’t care what people think. I celebrated with my team-mates and a fight kicked off, and I walked away from it.

“I don’t start anything. I just sit back, take it, watch it all, and hopefully at the end of the game we are celebrating.

You win, you celebrate, you enjoy yourself and after that for me it is forgotten about.

“Every pundit, fan and ex-assistant managers as well tried to have a little go at me so that was nice.”

Brown insists he’ll never change, and added: “I am 33, I have two years left at Celtic.

“What would be the point? Let’s be honest. I have done not bad.

“I think I have had five red cards since coming to Celtic in almost 600 games.

“There are a lot of people with worse records and I seem to get the blame for most things.”

Brown now can’t wait for the final Old Firm game of the season at Ibrox on May 12.

He said: “Yes, it will be fun. They are always great games. They are good for everyone to watch and it’s great for Scottish football.

“It gets a lot of viewers for TV, and if that helps improve our game, and gets money into the game, then that is the way we need to go.”

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yasssss Broony

Get them told the *

Tommy25, Lilac Wine and Keano88 like this.