1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We were up against a nothing midfield tbf and as Dev says the performance was more about Rogic and Forrest clicking..

He is still a very important player for us..

Tommy25, Twisty and Seán Mac D like this.
  2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Thats where ends up playing a lot of the time beside 2 CB's

Boyata
    Brown
    Benkovic

Forrest
    Mcgregor
    Nctham
    Tierney

Rogic

Thumb
    Eddy

3. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I wouldn't be writing him out of the team just yet.

A lot of people before the game were claiming that we were going to get overrun in the MF.

I would like to see the team that played yesterday more often though. Particularly at Parkhead against teams that sit in.

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We've been up against that sort of midfield all season and last. And every time it's been boring and lacking any spark.

A lot of folk were talking last week about the negative effect having brown in the side - when playing so deep - it's like having 5 defenders and a big space, then five attackers.
    Yesterday two of them had to come a little deeper and we actually utilised the midfield. As opposed to brown at the back,passing along the backline and being slow with the build up.

I'll be highly disappointed if he comes straight back in after that performance yesterday - more so if it's him fully recovered and we return to him playing so deep and the side way pass.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB: on his injury: "I'm feeling good. I'm working hard with the physios and will be back in contention for

SB on if he misses international duty: "No, I don't think so anymore. I think I retired at the right time. I'm happy with what I did with the team and it's good to see the younger players coming through."

SB on Leigh Griffiths: "I don't think the flak he's gotten has been fair. There have times where I could maybe have been braver and withdrawn to look after my personal fitness. All that matters is him getting back to his best for #CelticFC and Scotland."

SB on James Forrest: "He was outrageous. It's not just the goals. His link up play with
    @Tom_Rogic
    was brilliant and he always does the defending."

SB on getting back into the team: "This team is not about me. It's about the team winning points and that involves playing the best eleven possible."

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think he plays deeper because he's asked to by Rodgers. Simple as that.

Tommy25 and aliceinsound like this.
  9. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Im not so sure its all about him playing deep, whether at the request of BR or not. Its after he gets the ball its the issue. He very rarely travels forward with the ball. He just passes it back (ok nice and safe and we retain possession) but allows the opposition to get ten men behind the ball. The pace of the game just drops. As I`ve said previously, when comparing him with what we would have got with McGinn coming in as his natural replacement. Yes he often gives the ball away, but he drives forward far more than Broony. And at the moment, that's the huge difference between who`s playing. Its that momentum thing. Broony likes the safe pass, but the consequences of that are stark.

freederry20 likes this.
  10. Mince.Charming

Probably bwen sitting deeper because he's carrying an injury and to protect the defence when jack hendrys playing.

Peej likes this.
  11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I love Broony, he is still one of the best players at the club.

If he's fully fit, he'd be in my team and when the big games come around he should still be the first name on the team-sheet. But last Sunday showed that we can cope - even thrive - without him in the side. We should no longer feel the need to play him through the injuries, especially at 33. It doesn't do the player any favours, and it certainly hasn't benefited the team in recent times.

Mince.Charming and Jeannie960 like this.
  12. joemc

You will see the difference against any team closer to ourselves if he is not available,he is our focal point, and also the focus of every team we play ,to try to get him off his game or sent off .

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree with you in that he's a pivotal member of the squad, but not when he's playing through injury. You can see it so easily with him.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The biggest point about playing through injury is Rogic’s performance at the weekend. Finally gave him a rest and he does that.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  15. Lewis Kerr

He shouldn’t play as deep as he does. It’s a hindrance but it’s a Rodgers thing tho, he did this with slippy at Liverpool when his legs had gone. Called it a “quarterback” role. Stevie did have a good range of passing but it was clear he was done in 13/14 & 14/15. Brown doesn’t have that in his locker but I’m sure he can play higher up

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Strachan done it with Hartley who was a brilliant player around the box for the diets. He must have saw Hartley losing pace and put him in a holding role that worked perfectly in Europe.

17. aliceinsound

Played over 50 games both of the last two seasons and was often are best player. He's got atleast another 2 years in the tank in my view, like most of the team he needs to be more dynamic with his passing though.

18. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'm sure he had his CDM at Liverpool come deep as well... That's why I think it's down to tactics

19. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think like Lenny, won’t be truly appreciated by doubters until he’s gone. He best days are behind him and we need to replace him.

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain