1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. EndThePLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry & Sean South
    In my opinion Him or Forrest is our best player this season.

Can tell the experience is showing in him. Hes well suited in Rodgers system. Simple passing and closing down counters and cutting out danger in the passing lanes.

Outstanding for me.

Lilac Wine and Tommy25 like this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well well well, who did you used to be?

3. EndThePLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry & Sean South
    Used to be?

4. Cmcgregor90

Best and biggest infulence captain ive seen in my time

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. joemc

Like a fine wine oor captain .

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A REFRESHED and recharged Scott Brown says that Celtic’s mid-season training camp in Dubai last year was a huge benefit to the Bhoys, and the Hoops captain expects the camp to have another positive impact this season.

From nine games in December, the Celts secured European football after Christmas and increased their lead to eight points at the top of the Scottish Premiership table.

Brendan Rodgers' side also clinched their fourth piece of silverware in a row back in November after a 2-0 win at Hampden against Motherwell in the League Cup final.

After relaxing for a few days, the Bhoys have now started their winter training camp in Dubai, with Brown and his team-mates having their first training session today (Sunday). And the Celtic captain reckons the combination of rest and training in the warm sunshine will stand the Champions in good stead once they resume competitive action later this month.

Speaking exclusively to the official Celtic website, Brown said: “The break’s been good. We’ve had time to rest and recharge our batteries. It’s nice to come over here and train in the sun, instead of the pouring rain and the weather conditions right now at Lennoxtown.

“Last year’s camp gave us a little rest and we kicked on from there. It was good for everyone to go away and forget about the football for a week. Now we’ve come back, and big Marvin Compper’s come in so we’ll get to know him over the next week. Everyone goes out for dinner together so it’s a good time for bonding.”

Unlike last season, Brendan Rodgers’ Bhoys now have European football to look forward to next month, with a last 32 UEFA Europa League tie against Zenit Saint Petersburg, and Scott Brown believes the warm-weather training camp will help in preparation for that clash.

“That was what we wanted at the start of the Champions League group stages and we managed to do it," he explained. "It’s been a long time since we’ve done that so it’s good for the club, and the training camp will help us prepare for that.

“We’ll sit down once we get back from Dubai and set targets again to see what we want to hit and to see how high we can aim yet again.”

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Best Captain since Billy McNeill.

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I wonder who, post Henke, has been given most MOTM awards for us? Broony can't be far off it.

9. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Eh? Better than paul mcstay?????

10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Aye and Aitken and Lennon. McStay was a better player but overall influence Brown wins it hands down.

Tommy25, dmccourt95 and Lilac Wine like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CALLUM McGregor says that Scott Brown will go down in history as one of Celtic’s greatest ever captains and believes the Hoops skipper will leave a legacy of hard work and professionalism long after he has hung up his boots.

Brendan Rodgers’ side are currently in the midst of their winter training camp in Dubai in preparation for the second half of the season, when the Scottish treble winners will look to win the two remaining pieces of domestic silverware - the Scottish Cup and Premiership title - in addition to facing Zenit Saint Petersburg in the last 32 of the UEFA Europa League.

Speaking at Celtic’s training camp, McGregor spoke highly of his captain and the high standards which he has set for the squad.

“Broony is probably one of the best captains Celtic has ever had, and we’re lucky to be led by him,” he said. “You don’t meet a lot of people in football who are as good as Broony is.

"I’m trying to take as much as I can from what he does on and off the pitch. If you're lucky enough to be part of that then you have to learn from it. It would be a shame not to learn from him. I’m trying to take as much as I can from what Broony does on and off the pitch.

“I can say from experience that, having watched him and tried to take on everything he does, then once he goes, hopefully I’ll be the next one to try to set the standards he set for us as young players”

13. CelticBoabie

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Armstrone is just playing a bit of keepie up, and Broony charges in, "Gies the baw"

Tommy25 and bagforlife like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nothing new with Brown.

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Wee Callum touting his-sel for future captaincy :giggle1:

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wouldn't be a bad choice if that happens.

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Only 1 man will suceed Brown and its Tierney, as broony is slowing down say 2020/21 season KT will be given the team captaincy and broony will remain club captain!

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

If ya think I'm sexy

[​IMG]

Tommy25 and bagforlife like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT BROWN admits he can’t commit to Scotland and insisted: If people don’t like that — TOUGH.

Broony wants to continue playing for his country having already made a comeback from retirement.

But the Celtic skipper says he can’t give any cast-iron guarantees as he looks to prolong his Hoops career.

Brown, 32, said: “I love playing for Scotland. I enjoy it and I really enjoy being captain of Scotland.

“It’s a huge honour but sometimes you need to look after your own body.

“I retired the last time due to me not being fit enough. I couldn’t set the standards I wanted to set for Celtic or Scotland.

“It was hard but since the manager came in here he’s freshened everything up and I feel good again.

“But that’s a thing I need to keep in the back of my mind, that I don’t kill myself going away with Scotland for ten days and two big games.

“I need to be playing for Celtic so I need to make sure I’m fine for the best of both worlds really.”

Brown knows there will be critics who accuse him of picking and choosing when he plays for Scotland.

But he shrugged: “Aye, but it’s lucky I don’t read any of that.

“I need to think about playing for as long as I can and doing what’s best for me.

“I can’t think of everybody else. I’ve got to make sure that I can play as long as I possibly can.

“So sometimes I need to take a step back and think about it for myself and then go from there.”

Brown was also left gutted by the sacking of Gordon Strachan as Scotland boss, slamming the SFA for the decision.

He also hit out at the length of time it is taking to name a successor, with Northern Ireland’s Michael O’Neill still the favourite.

Brown added: “We’ll see who comes in, then we’ll see what happens.

“I’ve not made any decision whatsoever.

“The way I’m playing I’m enjoying my football.

“If Scotland games come and the new manager wants me to come along then I’m happy to go.

“But it could be that he doesn’t want me!”

Asked if he has the enthusiasm for another qualification campaign, Brown added: “Kind of but I’ll be 35 and a half when the campaign finishes so it depends. I think I need to go month by month fitness-wise.

“The important thing is that I’m playing well at Celtic and still pushing myself. As soon as you start fading away at Celtic, not playing every week, you can’t go into high-intensity internationals.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just retire..

Callum McGregor and bagforlife like this.